pixeltracker

Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel- Page 5

Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel

Liza's Headband
#100Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 4:20pm

Your opinion would hold more weight if you weren't a Madonna fan. Your bias is showing.. 

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#101Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 5:55pm

Do you try to be thick as s**t Liza or were you just born that way? I said texting in the theatre is a HUGE no, no justifying it, it's my biggest annoyance when that happens during a play I've written/directed. I ain't defending what she did, I simply said the disgusting comments on here about her are ridiculous, she just text during a show, she didn't murder anyone. So whatever the hell you are going on about holds no relevance to what we are saying.

now Liza look up and see that house coming towards you.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#102Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 6:04pm

It's cool that you think our comments are "ridiculous", we clearly don't feel that way, and that's ok.  She is an artless hack and sh!thead.  You feel different.  Awesome.

FindingNamo
#103Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 6:06pm

#TeamHouse

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

JustBe23
#104Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 6:11pm

Y'all are petty as anything. She was wrong, nobody in this thread has said otherwise. Let it go.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#105Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 6:16pm

"Your opinion would hold more weight if you weren't a Madonna fan. Your bias is showing.. "

Yes, I never concealed that fact, I love her to death, is that a crime ? Is this a thread that only her haters should post ? But I adore her as an artist, she is not my friend and I have no problem believing that she is a total bitch and I don't care about it, to be honest, since her personal behavior doesn't affect my life.

As i said, i found what she did reprehensible but she is not the first person EVER in a theater to do it and it's neither the end of the world nor did it stop the show, to induce such hate-spewing comments. Some people here took it more personally than even Lin Manuel himself did, for crying out loud and started not criticizing the FACT but talking about her age, her artistic merity, her career, her success and so on. And I find this unfair to anyone and I would react the same. It shows immaturity and personal issues.

At least that's what I believe. Can we move on now, please ? Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#106Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 6:45pm

"critically acclaimed recent album" that completely BOMBED. Wouldn't doubt it for a second if her texting schtick was another method of getting her name out there since almost no one is checking on her anymore. She relies on acting like an idiot to revive her dying career. I can't take anyone who is almost 60 seriously when they wear grills and act the way she does. 

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 4/21/15 at 06:45 PM

FindingNamo
#107Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 6:46pm

"Yes, I never concealed the fact, I love her to death..."

Would you? Please?

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#108Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 6:54pm

"#TeamHouse"

HAHAHA!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Everlast85 Profile Photo
Everlast85
#109Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 7:04pm

Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#110Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 7:06pm

Like, what other reaction IS there?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#111Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 7:52pm

Did he just throw-up in his mouth?

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#112Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 8:09pm

""critically acclaimed recent album" that completely BOMBED. Wouldn't doubt it for a second if her texting schtick was another method of getting her name out there since almost no one is checking on her anymore. She relies on acting like an idiot to revive her dying career. I can't take anyone who is almost 60 seriously when they wear grills and act the way she does. "

Let me guess - Gaga is your Mother Monster?

1) The album IS critically acclaimed.  No one truly cares about album sales anymore. Except those vigilantly watching for a lack of sales.

2) Her career ain't suffering, and once again, she will be the top grossing touring artist of the year this year and probably break yet another record (her own).

3) Your ageist comments are disgusting.

Again, I defend her always.  

However, it certainly drives me crazy that she pulls stupid stunts like this.  But again - she is and always has been a press machine.

Updated On: 4/21/15 at 08:09 PM

FindingNamo
#113Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 8:43pm

There's this thing that die-hards do which to me is quite remarkable.  It started in the early days with, "She was never a great singer… and she'd be the first to say so herself," and that one is repeated to this very day, which is supposed to deflect the fundamental Madonna problem which is that she is a pop singer who can't sing. I guess if she were a novelty act like Tiny Tim or Weird Al I could see it.

Then we heard, "Madonna was never a great actress…" and today we get "Nobody ever said Madonna was a nice person…".  That's kind of an issue.  

People make all sorts of excuses for her.  Oh, it's ageism and leaky albums that prevent her from getting a hit.  I believe she could have had a late career smash like Cher did with "Believe" except for the fact that Madonna is perceived to be a nasty bitch.  Cher is generally thought of as a good egg.  If it were constitutionally possible for Madonna to be a nice person, better things would happen for her.  

And I don't understand the excuses people are willing to make for her.  I adore Alec Baldwin's work, I love Kanye West's music.  But I'd never in a million years defend the douchey things they do.  That's on them.  I'll continue to enjoy their enjoyable work.  (But I won't convince myself it's any good if it's half baked like so much of Madonna's crap.)

It's on Madonna that she's a rude, entitled bitch who would text in a small, intimate theater insuring maximum audience disruption.  I'm glad she was banned from coming back stage and she should be denied house seats at all the other theaters.  If theaters do decide to let her in, she should have all electronics confiscated if she can't behave like a responsible, respectful adult.  "I'm sorry Miss Ciccone, you're not allowed in our theaters but as you'd be the first to admit, nobody has ever accused you of being a nice person."

Updated On: 4/21/15 at 08:43 PM

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#114Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 9:50pm

This is pathetic:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Madonnas-Rep-Denies-Singer-was-Texting-During-HAMILTON-Performance-Its-Not-True-20150421

This story completely contradicts what Miranda and Clark said, without any attempt to reconcile her side of the story with the other side of the story. Either Miranda and Clark blatantly (and independently of each other) lied through their teeth, or Madonna's rep blatantly lied through her teeth. Did anyone have anything to GAIN by falsely accusing Madonna? Why couldn't she just issue a half-assed apology? 

CurtainPullDowner
#115Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 9:53pm

Did she ask to go backstage?  Or did Lin just assume this?     Would you want to be the one to pat her down in the lobby?  God knows where she keeps that thing?

FindingNamo
#116Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 9:55pm

She told Jimmy Fallon that her kids are always telling her she's basic.  She's just basic.  They're oh, so right.

JustBe23
#117Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 9:55pm

In fairness, I don't think Miranda has ever actually gone on record as saying that Madonna was the celebrity texting. But I would be more inclined to buy his side of what happened than Madonna's rep.

ZannaDo
#118Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 10:28pm

I know someone who was at the performance who told me that they saw Madonna texting during the 2nd act. Wouldn't be the first time her rep has shamelessly lied to protect her. 

CurtainPullDowner
#119Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 11:39pm

And Lin erased the tweet.  I dislike them both, their egos are very off-putting. Lin will be fine despite a texting episode and Madonna is not losing any sleep either.

FindingNamo
#120Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/21/15 at 11:48pm

Actually, Madonna doesn't sleep.  She said it in her Rolling Stone interview.  And she takes it as a personal affront if she hears of people who can sleep til noon.  Her actual quote was "how dare they?".  

The spectral claw-handed harridan walking around one of her homes, bothering the Richie boy and the Lourdes girl while haranguing the nannies to keep the black children out of her hair is chilling.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#121Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 12:46am

It's natural to assume that someone with Madonna's fame would want to go backstage -- it's entirely possible she didn't ask, but it's also not wrong to blame LMM for assuming she'd want to, texting or not. Less-famous people do backstage photo ops rather often. I figured he was cutting her off at the pass to be safe.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

amoni Profile Photo
amoni
#122Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 8:37am

Well at least she didn't film the show, and you all know how wrong that is.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#123Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 9:12am

Either Miranda and Clark blatantly (and independently of each other) lied through their teeth, or Madonna's rep blatantly lied through her teeth

That's what the best PR reps like Liz Rosenberg are paid to do: constant damage control.

Updated On: 4/22/15 at 09:12 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#124Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel
Posted: 4/22/15 at 9:42am

What I like is that no matter the thread, amoni can come up with a reason to sound like a smelly twat.