pixeltracker

Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here- Page 4

Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#75Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:08am

Best Featured Actor in a Play has 6 nominees!

Interestingly, the only nomination that I think The Visit deserved was Best Scenic Design, and yet it wasn't nominated in that category!

You wouldn't nominate Chita?? Definitely deserved set, but at least the lighting was nominated. 

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#76Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:10am

Surprised This Is Our Youth got in there

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#77Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:11am

"Why are we initializing Fun Home? It's 7 letters."

It's been referred to as FH for months on here.

It's only 2 letters.

....but the world goes 'round

skylight2
#78Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here

Lots of love for Skylight and not so much for The Audience? Will someone win over Helen Mirren?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#79Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here

FN didn't throw ANYONE under the bus.   (Do you even know what that means?)  He was replaced....a move that was always planned.  They always wanted Morrison.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#80Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:13am

Then I am glad V got 5 nominations.

Phillypinto
#81Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:13am

Mia Michaels and Renee Fleming deserve nominations

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#82Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:14am

I really thought Lisa Howard was going to get in over Cope.

But when this committee decides they don't like something, they really let us know.

I'm surprised Victoria Clark got in.

ceisen
#83Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:14am

It's very possible Carey Mulligan could win over Helen Mirren. She got amazing reviews for her work.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#84Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:15am

I'm very surprised that Warren Carlyle was left out for his work on On the Twentieth Century.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#85Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:17am

Yea, I'm not so sure Mirren is a shoo-in.

Phillypinto
#86Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:20am

honestly, they always have like 2 shows that they just nominate for everything like AAIP and Fun Home. Both guys for featured? really? There were waaaay better options in my opinion. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#87Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:20am

"You wouldn't nominate Chita?? Definitely deserved set, but at least the lighting was nominated. "

That's correct. I wouldn't nominate Chita. Not that I was expecting her to be snubbed or anything. Just my personal preference. I suppose The Visit deserved its Lighting nom, though. I stand corrected.

My main issue is that I just wasn't a fan of The Visit or Something Rotten. So many of the nominations that those 2 shows got, I would have given to The Last Ship, or even Finding Neverland. Again, just my personal preference. I'm not surprised at all by the way it turned out. 

BWayBound115 Profile Photo
BWayBound115
#88Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:21am

Lisa Howard is the only disappointment. I really wish she would've been nominated. Otherwise, I think all the nominations are pretty spot on.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#89Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:22am

I am thrilled Neverland got snubbed. It deserves nothing-its reviews proved that. Melancholy tripe. It sets a good precedent for producers with resources who think they can buy Broadway.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Phillypinto
#90Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:25am

its bs that The King and I got nominated for choreo. Its practically all Jerome Robbins. How is that fair?? Mia Michaels would have been nominated for her work if Neverland wasn't wasn't looked down upon because of its producer 

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#91Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:26am

Where the hell was Bryce Pinkham?! That is my only complaint. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

indytallguy
#92Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:26am

I hope the three Alisons don't cancel one another out, but if that was to happen, I'd be fine with either of the other women, particularly Victoria Clark, taking home the Tony for Featured Actress in a Musical.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#93Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:27am

I'm surprised SKYLIGHT picked up so many nominations, especially because it's been probably the most low-key (as in, not a lot of buzz) revival this season.

I'm thrilled for Micah Stock.

Finally, I don't think Skeggs really has a chance of picking up the Tony. Although the nomination was nice, I think this category is mainly a horse race between Kuhn and Lucas, with the edge on Lucas.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#94Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:27am

I wouldn't have nominated King's choreography either. Many of the moves appeared to be identical to Robbins'. 

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#95Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:28am

These are some of the best, fairest nominations I've seen in a long time.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#96Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:29am

I agree that the K&I choreography nom is add.

But not as undeserved as Watanabe.

Best musical revival is such a close race. I can't even choose.

Updated On: 4/28/15 at 09:29 AM

notalwaysontime Profile Photo
notalwaysontime
#97Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:31am

I'm really bummed Honeymoon didn't get any noms, but I knew that was a longshot. Emily getting a nomination totally makes up for it! I was so afraid sh would get over looked after Judy and Sydney. I am rooting for Sydney all the way but i'm so happy all the acting in that show is being recognized. 

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#98Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:31am

No Dee Hoty. Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here She was SO GOOD in Gigi when I saw it.

Phillypinto
#99Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
Posted: 4/28/15 at 9:32am

If Honeymoon in Vegas just stayed open 3 more weeks, these nominations would have been completely different