pixeltracker

Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?- Page 4

Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?

NewsiesForever Profile Photo
NewsiesForever
#75Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/8/15 at 8:52pm

I do not think that Kelsey Grammer is coming back. I think that they are negotaiting a way to give him a graceful exit without sorely impacting the show

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#76Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/8/15 at 9:45pm

maybe Grammer does return for a few months just to fulfill his contract? It is only two weeks that Warlow is extending.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#77Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/8/15 at 9:51pm

Maybe this is as long as Warlow was willing to extend? He's performing on a cruise that begins in October (coincidentally, stepping in for someone else there, though that was due to pregnancy).
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/arts/music-theatre-star-anthony-warlow-to-headline-a-performing-arts-cruise-of-the-south-pacific/story-fni0fcgk-1227363855316
http://chooseyourcruise.tv/bravo2/anthony-warlow

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

bfreak
#78Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/8/15 at 10:40pm

I think that Kelsey probably does have some contract agreement he has to fulfill. It seems to be 50/50 right now, but he may be back for a limited time. When he signed a contract to do the show he must have signed on for a year probably with a vacation option like he took. The only reason he may be reluctant to return is because it is tiring for him at 60 to be switching different parts and going through very fast changes and transitions. We'll see what happens but I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that he comes back. I would still LOVE to see the show with him. :)

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#79Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/8/15 at 10:56pm

Kelsey has more may than God at this point, so he probably told them to tear up his contract and make a clean break, they'll probably safe a ****load of bucks anyway. Doubt his absence has made an impact in sales. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

windbelle Profile Photo
windbelle
#80Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/9/15 at 12:02am

I think Anthony Warlow had been booked for the cruise in Oct. before he took Finding Neverland. That's why he has to leave at the end of this month. My friend asked him at the stage door one or two weeks ago when was his final performance. He replied he didn't know the exact date either cos they didn't tell him, and he didn't know when Kelsey Grammer was gonna be back. Well, it's kind of a mess from the start to the end. They might want to give Kelsey Grammer a graceful exit but it's unfair to Anthony Warlow IMO. I doubt if they could get Kelsey back or get anther replacement before Anthony goes back to Australia.

Updated On: 9/9/15 at 12:02 AM

bfreak
#81Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/9/15 at 7:17am

Now what do you guys mean when you say that they might be negotiating a "graceful exit" for Kelsey? At this point, don't you think that the only graceful exit would be if he returned for a little while but they announced it as a limited run? I think either way if they just announced he wasn't coming back at all it would have the same feeling no matter how they announced it to the general public and the press. Either way, we'll all survive though, lol.

Caitiecait92
#82Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/10/15 at 10:42am

I saw the show last month and when I attended the show Morrison and Grammer (obviously because he was on a leave of absence) were not performing that evening. I wanted to see the show again because I loved it so much and I wanted to see it with the original cast. So when I ordered tickets for the show on the 23rd a few weeks ago and I called the box office and spoke to a woman on the phone. I expressed my disappointment about how Grammer's leave of absence wasn't very public and in fact when I ordered the tickets I was unaware he would not be performing over the summer. So I had asked if on the 23rd if Kelsey would be back and her exact words were "we can't guarantee the original cast will perform, but as of right now everyone (Morrison, Grammer and Kelly) is scheduled to perform." I don't understand why they are keeping this quiet.  I think his connection to the show should be posted on the main website because a majority of theatergoers are buying tickets to see him like my mom. Now what am I suppose to do? Let's say he come back by October and decides to do a limited run? Am I suppose to drop what I am doing to spend $100+ on tickets? This is very upsetting to me.

LizzieCurry
#83Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/10/15 at 10:53am

They took the banner featuring KG off the outside of the theatre, he's not on the site or in the playbill, there were numerous stories about Warlow coming in -- what about that wasn't clear to the public?

I'm not sure what kind of advice you're looking for, seeing as live theatre always comes with cast uncertainty, but you can start by saying "supposed to" instead if "suppose to."

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#84Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/10/15 at 10:59am

Caitiecait92 said: "....I think his connection to the show should be posted on the main website because a majority of theatergoers are buying tickets to see him like my mom. Now what am I suppose to do? Let's say he come back by October and decides to do a limited run? Am I suppose to drop what I am doing to spend $100+ on tickets? This is very upsetting to me."

Did you check the website before you purchased the tickets?? Because Anthony Warlow is, indeed, listed on the website. There is nothing about Grammer returning on it. And unfortunately, I feel like Ticketmaster employees are less informed about cast changes and things than Telecharge employees.

Caitiecait92
#85Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/10/15 at 12:17pm

I did not check the website for information. The week before the tickets were purchased I was in the city and he was advertised at the theater. I'm not complaining because everybody needs a vacation from their job. Honestly I wanted to see the show and the story line. Seeing the celebrities in the show was an added bonus!

And it didn't speak to ticketmaster I spoke to the actually box office. I just think it's weird how a few weeks before his return they decide to release this information. 

bfreak
#86Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/10/15 at 1:45pm

When I called the box office a few weeks ago they said that his return date was unknown. She didn't sound like he wasn't coming back at all, and I remember her saying to check back on like the 20th of September. I had forgot about her saying that at first. Maybe that is when we'll hear an announcement on his return date or his replacement. My guess is if he returns it will be for a limited 1-2 month run so he could come back and then leave again without causing sour feelings for those who wanted to see him. We'll see.

Javi Profile Photo
Javi
#87Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/12/15 at 8:53pm

It's just been announced that Anthony Warlow is starring in a production of Fiddler on the Roof opening in Melbourne on December 29, so he definitely will need to be back in Australia for that.

http://www.stagewhispers.com.au/news/anthony-warlow-star-fiddler-roof

LizzieCurry
#88Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/12/15 at 10:10pm

Also thought this was interesting/fun/sad for me:  http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/arts/anthony-warlow-returns-to-australian-stage-for-fiddler-on-the-roof/story-fni0fcgk-1227523178087

The surprise announcement will come as a relief to Warlow’s army of Australian fans who faced the prospect of losing him permanently to the United States after a series of big roles there.

“No, that will never happen. I love working in Australia,” he told the Herald Sun from New York this week.

“I’ll go home and I’ll come back and I’ll go home. I have always said that I will come to this country (America) as a visitor and as an ambassador for what we have achieved in Australia. We have an incredible talent pool in Australia.”

bfreak
#89Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/12/15 at 11:12pm

If I had to guess, I would say that Anthony Warlow's final performance will be September 27th. The news we will be finding out is just who will be stepping into that infamous pirate suit and scalpel beginning the 29th. Do you think if Kelsey doesn't come back if they'll consider another name? It will be interesting to find out.

KathyNYC2
#90Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/15/15 at 1:59pm

Terrance Mann stepping in next??

Updated On: 9/15/15 at 01:59 PM

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#91Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/15/15 at 2:16pm

KathyNYC2 said: "Terrance Mann stepping in next??

Isn't he attached to Tuck Everlasting?

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

KathyNYC2
#92Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/15/15 at 3:00pm

I just read something on Tumblr (accuracy??)...but it seems like his daughter posted on social medial that he would be here for 3-4 months..maybe before Tuck?

I don't know for sure..I was hoping someone here could confirm..

all_that_jazz Profile Photo
all_that_jazz
#93Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/15/15 at 11:06pm

I was actually quite excited I got to see anthony.  And although after seeing it I could see Kelsey in the role Kelsey I'd not a draw for me in this show.  The show is brilliant.  Though Terrance Mann for my return visit in October would be fabulous.

Emmaloucbway
#94Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/15/15 at 11:14pm

I hope these Terrence Mann rumors are true. I'd love to see him play the role! 

trpguyy
#95Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/15/15 at 11:22pm

Box Office employees are probably the least-informed when it comes to cast changes, FYI. 

ChiTheaterFan
#96Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/16/15 at 1:28am

I've been waiting to see if Grammar would return but screw that!  I want to see Terrence Mann. I'm still bitter about how under utilized he was in Addams family from when I saw it in Chicago (granted it was previews so no idea if they changed it)

I will see Tuck just for him.  Les Mis was one of the first cast recordings I ever owned. I think I was in 5th or 6th grade. I used to listen to Stars on repeat. After I saw the show I would act out the whole show in my living room but my mom got mad I kept jumping off the coffee table...

A1st
#97Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/16/15 at 6:04pm

Terrence Mann stepping in would be amazing! Would definitely return to the show! Does anyone have any information about the rumor? Would love to know if it's true or not!

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#98Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/16/15 at 8:24pm

If these rumors are true and Terrence Mann will step in for a few months before Tuck, yeah.... yeah instant ticket buying the moment that news becomes official here. He might not be a "name" for those outside the community, but they have Matthew for that and if they see that their sales have not really suffered without Grammer, I am sure they would not mind letting him bow out and not have to pay was I am sure is an outrageous amount to have him in the show. And Terrence is a name for us that might just pull in those on the fence over the show or (as others have mentioned) pull back those that have already seen it. Like me. While I have been semi interested in the show a bit, this makes my meager interest go through the roof.

bfreak
#99Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/16/15 at 9:01pm

While the grosses may not have suffered yet without Kelsey, he may be beneficial to the show for the fall even though he probably takes a higher fee. By October the show's grosses will proabably be in the low 700ks (just making a ballpark) his return may bring some people who would not know Terrence Mann (besides the Broadway community) to see the show. Again, this situation remains to be seen.