pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/3/15 at 4:18pm

Even as a huge fan of the show, it still surprises me that Something Rotten! is grossing over 1 million per week. Hooray for finally having another hit at  the St. James!

VintageSnarker
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/3/15 at 4:42pm

"So...is Amazing Grace just going to hang on til Labor Day, just to say they did?"

Ooh, ouch is right. I'm having an actual physical reaction to how bad those numbers are.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/3/15 at 5:01pm

it's still early, but Diggs' Hedwig grosses aren't pretty.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/3/15 at 5:04pm

I remember the days when it was always The Lion King, Wicked, and The Book of Mormon on top EVERY WEEK... NOW The Book of Mormon has gotten replaced by Aladdin and Hamilton. All great shows, just an observation.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/3/15 at 5:12pm

Bye, Wig.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/3/15 at 5:19pm

i mean yea but Hamilton and Aladdin are also in houses with hundreds of seats more than the Eugene O'Neill

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/3/15 at 5:35pm

Jose, BOM is still at capacity and then some.

Stephanatic

bwayfan42
#32Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/3/15 at 7:19pm

So can we expect Amazing Grace to be closing on Sunday?

neonlightsxo
#33Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/3/15 at 7:44pm

"So can we expect Amazing Grace to be closing on Sunday?"

I mean, we expected Amazing Grace to close 2 weeks ago. So who knows? They'll run as long as they have money.  

evic
#34Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/3/15 at 7:47pm

If you think that the producers of OTT have deep pockets....The producers of Amazing Grace have much much deeper pockets...thanks to G-d. And the high grosses for FN and SR continue to amaze me. Is Harvey still padding the grosses?

ebontoyan
#35Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/3/15 at 7:47pm

^Great, I want to see Amazing Grace but I can't get to NYC till Sept!! Hope AG will continue to have money!

skies Profile Photo
skies
#36Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/3/15 at 10:24pm

I understand not liking ":Finding Neverland", but it strikes me as downright delusional to still  push the urban legend that  Harvey has to be buying up bucket loads  of tickets each week at an average price  of close to $ 100/pop and giving them away to crowds to keept it afloat.

I mean, the utter gall of Finding Neverland to have grossed 1.2 millon this week, it's second best gross yet.

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren
Updated On: 8/3/15 at 10:24 PM

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#37Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/3/15 at 10:46pm

I predict On the Town and Amazing Grace close Labor Day Weekend (maybe even before for Grace), Hedwig closes in the fall sometime, and Jersey Boys and Gentlemen's Guide close in Jan. Maybe Kinky Boots too? But I think it'll hold on through next summer

VintageSnarker
#38Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/4/15 at 12:54am

"If you think that the producers of OTT have deep pockets....The producers of Amazing Grace have much much deeper pockets...thanks to G-d."

I don't know if you meant that as a joke but it made me spit out my water.

gmhots
#39Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/4/15 at 7:37am

Unfortunately I don't think GGLAM is going to hold on for long.

Also if I had millions I'd buy a yacht instead of throwing it on OTT. It's more comfortable, still nautical, and actually more entertaining.

actorsnonactors Profile Photo
actorsnonactors
#40Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/4/15 at 5:17pm

"So...is Amazing Grace just going to hang on til Labor Day, just to say they did? "

Seems like it. They're down 3 percent in attendance, 10k worth of more expensive tix sold. It's bombing. It's never not been bombing. It's a pity. 

actorsnonactors Profile Photo
actorsnonactors
#41Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/4/15 at 5:18pm

GGLAM has its 2-year anniversary in early November. That might be the time...I dunno. When does the tour start? Those might line up kinda cleanly...although nobody is transferring so it really doesn't matter.

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#42Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/4/15 at 5:39pm

The 2 year anniversary for GGLAM might make a nice bookend, but I would think that if they go that far they might as well try and cash in on the holiday season rush in December. They close first week of Jan after a period of high ticket sales and make room for Falsettos to start previews in February. That way a fun, well crafted show gets to go out on a high note and Jujamcyn has the theatre dark for the shortest possible time.

...Im not a producer of course. Only speculating an ideal situation. In any case GGLAM will be missed when the time comes.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#43Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/4/15 at 5:50pm

It would sort of make sense for GGLM to close soon, because of the tour launching.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Phillypinto
#44Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/4/15 at 6:05pm

If the show was closing in September, wouldnt we know about it already?

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#45Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/4/15 at 6:31pm

How wonderful for Something Rotten, but i still ponder whether Side Show would be pulling those kinda numbers if it were allowed to find an audience and get some Tony exposure....... Yeah, I'm still bitter 

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup
Updated On: 8/4/15 at 06:31 PM

Clyde15
#46Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/4/15 at 6:32pm

"If the show was closing in September, wouldnt we know about it already?"

You'd think, but you'd also think they would say OTT is closing in September and probably Amazing Grace

Phillypinto
#47Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/2/15
Posted: 8/4/15 at 6:37pm

yeah but usually hits give a few weeks notice, and their last few weeks end strong. Flops like On the Town and Amazing Grace usually give notice the week of because they know its not gonna make much of a difference