pixeltracker

Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording "First Listen"- Page 2

Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording "First Listen"

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#25Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 11:39am

The recording will be the only feasible way many people will be able to experience the score for a long time.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

MyLife
#26Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 11:39am

AngusN said: "I know I'm in the minority, but this show does nothing for me. I've listened to the cast recording and watched the trailers, but it still fails to interest me.

"

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, and I'm sorry that you it doesn't do it for you. Really. For the way this show electrifies me, makes me think, and makes me feel, I wish it could do the same for you. Still, not everything can appeal to everyone. Thank you for being respectful about it.

Signed,

Someone who dislikes 90% of Sondheim

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#27Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 11:51am

It's incredible. Congratulations to the Hamilton team for a wonderful recording!

Sidenote: Lin Manuel should start writing for the radio. His music deserves greater recognition. 

Eirlys87
#28Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 12:20pm

I'm in the UK and just do not have the finances to be able to get out to New York for the forseeable future but I love the idea of this show, have loved the promos and snippits of the music that have been about and so I've been really looking forward to hearing the cast recording. I've had it playing constantly since Lin posted it lunch time our time and I'm completely in love with it. It's made me want to be totally irresponsible and spend the money to get out to New York and see it rather the long wait until 2017. I hear a song, think 'this is my favourite' then hear the next one and think 'no, this is my favourite' - I love it all.

Updated On: 9/21/15 at 12:20 PM

Sorry-Grateful Profile Photo
Sorry-Grateful
#29Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 12:25pm

"I'm in the UK and just do not have the finances to be able to get out to New York for the forseeable future but I love the idea of this show, have loved the promos and snippits of the music that have been about and so I've been really looking forward to hearing the cast recording. I've had it playing constantly since Lin posted it lunch time our time and I'm completely in love with it. It's made me want to be totally irresponsible and spend the money to get out to New York and see it rather the long wait until 2017. I hear a song, think 'this is my favourite' then hear the next one and think 'no, this is my favourite' - I love it all."

Glad to hear you like it! Let this be a lesson to those who keep saying this show would never play well to a British audience.

TodayTix Code: XGAXA
Updated On: 9/21/15 at 12:25 PM

Eirlys87
#30Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 12:50pm

Glad to hear you like it! Let this be a lesson to those who keep saying this show would never play well to a British audience.

I think the story might be a tough sell to a British audience, I mean, we don't care about our own politics most of the time (except today, when we found out that our PM may or may not have done something gross to a dead pig back when he was in rich boy school) so why should we care about some bloke most probably haven't heard of and what he did for the US? But I can't see a British audience disliking it, it's too good. Hopefully enough will know about it already when it comes over, so they'll see it and word of mouth will work. Book of Mormon hasn't tanked and we don't know all that much about Mormons over here. Okay, some old school theatre folks might not take to the 'rap' element, but you've got the possibility of that over there in the US too and it's not hurting it any. Maybe it won't run as long as it's going to in the US, but it won't tank.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#31Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 1:01pm

I'm crying listening to this. I can't help it. I'm so happy this is coming from OUR musical theatre and not some mainstream generic crap. I've never been so excited for a cast recording release!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#32Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 1:03pm

Sorry-Grateful said: "Glad to hear you like it! Let this be a lesson to those who keep saying this show would never play well to a British audience."

Were American audiences really clamoring for an Alexander Hamilton musical, though?! I don't really think this bowled me over because it was about a founding father...

billygoatgirl300
#33Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 1:20pm

What a fantastic recording. My favorite song at the moment is The Room Where it Happens. Will it be eligible for this year's Grammys? 

The towel waving reminded me of a Per?nist rally. I kept chanting "Evita!" whenever they'd pan to the crowds. - SM2

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#34Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 1:23pm

You bet! It definitely will be. If not this year, then the next; not sure about cut-off dates.

karen24 Profile Photo
karen24
#35Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 1:34pm

I was fortunate enough to see the show on 8/24 (my birthday) and I loved it. I was almost afraid to start listening to the cast recording because...well, I can't say why exactly, maybe I was afraid it would somehow take away from the live experience of hearing these songs? Did anyone else who's seen it feel this way? Anyway, I got over it Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording It sounds fantastic.And forget about doing something else while you have this playing - it requires all of your attention!

Maggie-the-schnoodle

Sorry-Grateful
#36Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 1:35pm

Per the Grammy's website: 

For the 58th Annual GRAMMY Awards, albums must be released between Oct. 1, 2014 and Sept. 30, 2015.

It will be eligible for the 58th Grammy Award Ceremony, which will occur in February 2016.

Updated On: 9/21/15 at 01:35 PM

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#37Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 1:43pm

Does the digital release count? The physical copy doesn't drop until October 16th.

ChiTheaterFan
#38Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 1:47pm

karen24 said: "And forget about doing something else while you have this playing - it requires all of your attention!"

Seriously!  I tried listening in the background at work and it didn't work. Taking a lunch break now and revising some favorites. 

I am so glad it turned out so well. Everything I've listened to so far sounds exactly as I remember. 

Sorry-Grateful
#39Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 1:57pm

"Does the digital release count? The physical copy doesn't drop until October 16th."

In a word: Yes. Per the Grammy's website: 

For the 58th Annual GRAMMY Awards, albums must be released between Oct. 1, 2014 and Sept. 30, 2015. Recordings must be commercially released in general distribution in the United States, i.e. sales by label to a branch or recognized independent distributor, via the Internet, or mail order/retail sales for a nationally marketed product.

Updated On: 9/21/15 at 01:57 PM

ChiTheaterFan
#40Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 2:25pm

Yeah they weren't rushing to get this out because we all wanted it so much...  :)

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#41Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 2:40pm

That's so generous of him. Considering most of the population will never in a million years be able to afford tickets to the show, this is their consolation prize. Enjoy it, people!

FindingNamo
#42Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 2:44pm

Most of the earth's population?  

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#43Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 2:53pm

cglaid said: "That's so generous of him. Considering most of the population will never in a million years be able to afford tickets to the show, this is their consolation prize. Enjoy it, people!

I told you a million times not to exaggerate!

"

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#44Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 3:41pm

Seeing the show in October.  Would you guys recommend listening or going in blindly? All I've heard thus far is the white house performance from a few years ago. Thanks 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#45Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 3:47pm

It's totally your own personal preference.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

mailhandler777
#46Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 4:06pm

AngusN said: "I know I'm in the minority, but this show does nothing for me. I've listened to the cast recording and watched the trailers, but it still fails to interest me."

I'm in that minority with you. I think it's way overhyped and so is LMM. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#47Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 4:12pm

I've had a busy day and haven't had time to work through the whole thing, but what I've heard is beyond stunning. It's so dense and rich lyrically, but the music is thrilling as well. I'm already obsessed with the harmonies in The Schulyer Sisters, and Groff's song is fabulous and complete genius. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

ChiTheaterFan
#48Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 4:13pm

the.hard.part said: "Seeing the show in October.  Would you guys recommend listening or going in blindly? All I've heard thus far is the white house performance from a few years ago. Thanks 

"

This thread has some thoughts on this (including mine).  Lots of different opinions of course!  https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1086844&dt=15

Updated On: 9/21/15 at 04:13 PM

serene_embers
#49Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 4:14pm

I got super emotional when listening to this. I love it!