pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 5

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

billyelliotfan123
#100The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/26/15 at 11:11am

Do you think they will release singles off the Cast Recording?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#101The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/26/15 at 11:39am

To play on the radio? I can't imagine.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Lilly7
#102The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/26/15 at 12:56pm

They must be done with the album by now because the deadline to submit for Grammy consideration ends today. (The submittal deadline is different from the eligibility release date) At least that's the only reason I could come up with on why the digital and the CD has a different release dates.

If they are creating bonus content, it could very well be only on the CD. 

Lilly7
#103The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/26/15 at 11:57pm

https://twitter.com/blackthought/status/636253761539694592

I think this is the secret project, the cast is doing a piece for the BET awards. 

gmhots
#104The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/27/15 at 12:33pm

This may be random, but is Philippa Soo doing Great Comet at the ART in Winter? When is she leaving the show?

dramamama611
#105The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/27/15 at 12:37pm

I do not think so.    

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#106The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/27/15 at 12:39pm

gmhots said: "This may be random, but is Philippa Soo doing Great Comet at the ART in Winter? When is she leaving the show?"

It is inconceivable she would leave Hamilton before the Tonys.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#107The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/27/15 at 12:50pm

In a recent interview, Leslie said that his contract is for a year, so I would assume that the rest of the leads are also for a year.

Pippa's Natasha understudy, Lauren Zakrin, was really good in The Great Comet, so I'm hoping that she gets to reprise the role at ART.

dramamama611
#108The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/27/15 at 4:07pm

I have no info on casting, but I do know that its an entirely new production so it's likely that no one from the NY production will be involved.  (Not saying there wont be, however.)  While I don't know what they are, they have big plans and are losing about 25% of their seats for the set design.

dramamama611
#109The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/27/15 at 11:29pm

I've tried googling, but to no avail.....has any one found anyplace with the lyrics?  

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#110The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/27/15 at 11:53pm

Has everyone already seen this 8-minute film by Leslie Odom about the cast's experience of opening night?

dramamama611
#111The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/28/15 at 12:10am

^I saw it earlier today, very sweet.

dev101
#112The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/28/15 at 5:43pm

The show was just so amazing and I can't wait for the cast album to come out. Such a great show I don't even know what else to say about it!

gmhots
#113The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/28/15 at 5:50pm

Thanks everyone. The ART is using her picture in all their promos for Great Comet so I thought I'd ask (definitely seemed silly to me too, but you never know...)

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#114The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/1/15 at 1:01am

I've seen it a number of times from 2nd row to row M. After the second time, some of the magic wears off. But Leslie doing the room where... is worth everything. It's the best thing I've witnessed in 25 years of shows. I didn't realize how good Ramos is until I saw his understudy. Big difference. I really don't like the female characters except Maria. Angelica is ok but Eliza is unbearable. I think I hate the actress but I might hate the part? I think it's a great show. If you see it 1 time, your mind will be blown. Twice, you will see the things you missed and appreciate the individuals more. 3x and more, that is where the (few) flaws begin to emerge. That being said, I'll probably go again after New Years. It's definitely the best show playing right now and the cast is very nice and approachable. I haven't stage doored in 20 years but most of this cast knows my name so it's good enough to make a jaded person geek out! 

dramamama611
#115The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/1/15 at 3:08am

They simply have permission to use see the photo.  Paulus specifically said something like that at the subscribers reception.

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#116The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/6/15 at 4:15pm

Saw Hamilton last night. It's a remarkable show in a lot of ways, yet it occasionally felt exhausting, heavy and long. Sometimes it felt like songs were just being thrown at you.

Still, it's impossible not to admire what Lin Manuel Miranda was able to pull together. It's been a long while since I've seen a new production that was this consistently strong, number to number. Some of the songs were just beautiful.

I did not leave the theater as mesmerized as I did after I saw, say, Skylight or The King and I, but I very much appreciated what I saw. I feel like my opinion of the show will grow once I listen to the cast recording, which I'm dying to do. (LOVED 'Satisfied'; Renee Elise Goldsberry was a scene-stealer for me.)

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'
Updated On: 9/6/15 at 04:15 PM

Markie27 Profile Photo
Markie27
#117The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/7/15 at 1:58am

Just watched it this afternoon.  What a magnificent show!  Miranda infused so many different genres and yet it worked seamlessly.  The acting was superb (they would definitely sweep the Tonys).  As much as I like Leslie Odoms work, I think Lin Manuel Was breathtaking.  Best actor would be hard to predict this year.  Lin's little nuances were pure perfection.  And Jonathan Groff was hilarious as King George and worthy of a win as well.  And that's saying a lot too cause I did enjoy Daveed's work immensely.  Jonathan brought the house down with his excellent comedic timing.   During his first song he was just physically standing most of the time but his face was doing aerial acrobats!  It was so expressive, full of emotions and yet so hilarious.   Philippa was heartbreaking and Rene was strong and commanding.  

I went there with very high expectations because of all the hype but I never though it would exceed it.  The hype is real.  But I do agree with some of the posters here.  I have high praises for this show but I really couldn't say that this is groundbreaking.  It did move theatre forward with its brilliant use of contemporary music.  And I do agree interwoving the blind casting aspect in the book rather than by the whim of the director or casting agent is refreshing.   but groundbreaking?  I don't know.   The contemporary music and blind casting have all been done before although it was done brilliantly by Hamilton.   But this show doesn't have to be groundbreaking for it to be considered one of the greatest musicals of this generation.  

Updated On: 9/7/15 at 01:58 AM

karen24 Profile Photo
karen24
#118The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/9/15 at 1:12pm

I loved the show and can't wait to go back. I wanted to mention that I sat in the front mezz, Row B on the right aisle, (we had seats 2, 4 and 6), and sitting in seat 2 (the aisle seat) I found that the sort of square bar that sticks up out of the mezz in front of row A was a little annoying. I wouldn't say it was an obstructed view but it was right in my line of vision if someone came to the front of the stage. I think this may only be an issue for people in a small number of seats, since had I been one row closer or one row further back I don't think it would have bothered me (of course, it also depends on how tall you are - I'm 5' 5"The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]. Next time I hope to sit somewhere in the orchestra, if I can scrape up enough money!

On a completely different note, I had a random question about all of these celebrities that are photographed with the cast after they see the show. I was wondering what they all do during intermission. Do they stay in their seats (if so, do people leave them alone?) Or do they go backstage then (I had assumed that they went backstage after the curtain call, but maybe I'm wrong about that.) Or are they whisked off to a secret lounge for famous people? The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD] Just curious. If anyone's been at a performance where someone famous was there, I'd be interested to hear about it!

Maggie-the-schnoodle

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#119The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/9/15 at 1:19pm

I think the celebrities just kind of do whatever they want at intermission - I'm sure some people come up to them. I was there when Joe Biden was in attendance and I watched him walk through the lobby and go down to use the men's room like a normal guy (a normal guy with armed guards). 

Figure these celebrities are most likely sitting in house seats so the house manager is well aware of their presence ahead of time. I'm sure the house manager and staff have gotten very adept at whisking them away to backstage after the show. A lot of them do seem to be taking pictures on stage which is cool.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

dramamama611
#120The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/9/15 at 3:07pm

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "I think the celebrities just kind of do whatever they want at intermission - I'm sure some people come up to them. I was there when Joe Biden was in attendance and I watched him walk through the lobby and go down to use the men's room like a normal guy (a normal guy with armed guards). 

Figure these celebrities are most likely sitting in house seats so the house manager is well aware of their presence ahead of time. I'm sure the house manager and staff have gotten very adept at whisking them away to backstage after the show. A lot of them do seem to be taking pictures on stage which is cool.

"

It is totally up to the celeb.  If they want to be away from the public, they do so....easy enough.   The Clinton's certainly were.   Even off-Bway has a protocol.  I was next to Susan Sarandon at Fela and they brought her in moments before the curtain, and scooted her at the very beginning of intermisison.  All very covert.

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#121The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/9/15 at 6:09pm

Most of the celebs I've seen just mix in with the crowd. They're in the lobby/bathroom during intermissions. I think they go backstage after?

ChiTheaterFan
#122The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/11/15 at 5:57pm

For those who are fans of Odom his solo album is very lovely. I'm traveling today and it's great for that. 

ChiTheaterFan
#123The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/19/15 at 1:43pm

FYI. Leslie Odom Jr. Out sick. Harcourt filling in as Burr. 

https://twitter.com/lin_manuel/status/645291320483909636

wicked1492 Profile Photo
wicked1492
#124The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/19/15 at 2:42pm

Sydney's fine as hell. Mmm.

"These rabid fans...possess the acting talent to portray the hooker...Linda Eder..." -The New York Times