pixeltracker

Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times - Page 2

Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#25Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/7/15 at 5:41pm

Once, yes, once for a lark. Twice, though, loses the spark...

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#26Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/7/15 at 6:03pm

"Perhaps she needs a hobby to fill the time."

Oh, I think this IS her hobby that's filling the time.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#27Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/7/15 at 6:38pm

Wasn't there someone who saw Rock Of Ages over 500 times? Wonder what happened to him.

Poster Emeritus

Musical Trekkie Profile Photo
Musical Trekkie
#28Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/7/15 at 8:43pm

There was also this woman who had seen Les Mis 957 times in 2013. Probably over a thousand by now if she's still at it: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-20969174

Starship
#29Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/7/15 at 10:09pm

Her life, her money. Get over it, people. Just because you personally wouldn't do it doesn't mean it's suddenly wrong.

KathyNYC2
#30Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/7/15 at 10:50pm

I personally don't understand seeing shows only once (ignoring the money part)...I always get more out of it after the first time. It's never the same exact show - there are diff cast members, etc...all make the experience unique.  If I can watch a fav movie over and over (which I can) - which never changes at all...I can certainly see a live production more than once.  The more the cast changes - the more likely I am going to go again but I have been known to see the same exact performers more than once as well. (Oh and I like to reread books over and over as well).

600+ is extreme - but it's her life and if she can go and still gets something out of it, why not? It's certainly good for business...

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#31Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/8/15 at 12:44am

bfreak said: "Who could spend their life watching the same show 675+ times? No offense intended, but I just can't fathom it. If I see a show twice it's a huge deal."

You don't have to understand it. To each their own. Live and let live.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#32Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/8/15 at 1:52am

Starship said: "Her life, her money. Get over it, people. Just because you personally wouldn't do it doesn't mean it's suddenly wrong."

A+

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#33Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/8/15 at 6:45am

"I personally don't understand seeing shows only once (ignoring the money part)...I always get more out of it after the first time.

That is easy for you because I assume you live in the NY area. I live out of state and get to NYC at most twice a year. Due to that, I want to see as many different shows as possible and not go back to something I have seen already.

Dave19
#34Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/8/15 at 6:55am

I think if you would ask the audience of let's say, Les Mis, prior to any given performance: "Raise your hand if you have seen the show before". A considerable amount of people will raise their hand.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#35Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/8/15 at 7:51am

"Her life, her money. Get over it, people. Just because you personally wouldn't do it doesn't mean it's suddenly wrong."

Some people like myself said that it would not be something I would ever do and that is not saying what this women is doing is wrong. 

KathyNYC2
#36Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/8/15 at 9:15am

yankeefan7 said: ""I personally don't understand seeing shows only once (ignoring the money part)...I always get more out of it after the first time.

That is easy for you because I assume you live in the NY area. I live out of state and get to NYC at most twice a year. Due to that, I want to see as many different shows as possible and not go back to something I have seen already.

But that's not what we are talking about.

Of course what you say is true. That's why I said ignoring the money part...and I guess I should have included the travel parts. And no one is saying that everyone needs to see a show more than once.

But obviously this woman does not have money or travel issues and people are commenting about someone seeing the show a huge number of times....just because they want to...and saying they don't understand it. And while I don't personally understand seeing a show 600 times, I also don't understand seeing a show only once (again without travel and money restrictions). Again, just my opinion..not to negatively color anyone else's

musicaljen Profile Photo
musicaljen
#37Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/8/15 at 9:38am

Cant say I blame her as Jersey Boys is one of the best shows on Broadway right now. Enjoyed it much more than Wicked.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#38Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/8/15 at 9:57am

"But that's not what we are talking about.

Of course what you say is true. That's why I said ignoring the money part...and I guess I should have included the travel parts"

Money is not the only reason for someone like me to rarely see a show twice, it is also a matter of time. Since I get to NYC once or twice a year, there are usually 4-5 shows I would like to see and would rather see something new than something I have already seen. As for this fan, I agree if that is what she wants to do with her time and her money than she should do it. 

Updated On: 11/8/15 at 09:57 AM

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#39Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/8/15 at 10:04am

She is happy and not hurting anyone, so what's the big deal?  I love to see a show I enjoy more than once since its live theater and it's never really the same each time.  Unfortunately time and resource restrictions don't allow that for me that often, but hooray for anyone who can.. People watch the same movie dozens of times, so why is this any different? 

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#40Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/8/15 at 10:17am

yankeefan7 said: "That is easy for you because I assume you live in the NY area. I live out of state and get to NYC at most twice a year. Due to that, I want to see as many different shows as possible and not go back to something I have seen already."

Do you not see shows that come to your area? I lived in California until 2011 and was racking up multiple visits to the same shows when they came back. (And no, that didn't mean I was avoiding other shows that were new/new to me.)

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#41Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/8/15 at 11:18am

"Do you not see shows that come to your area? I lived in California until 2011 and was racking up multiple visits to the same shows when they came back. (And no, that didn't mean I was avoiding other shows that were new/new to me."

My wife and I go to several shows a year in Charlotte NC, we have pretty good selection of shows that come every year. The ones we see here are normally ones that we missed seeing on Broadway. (exp. West Side Story revival).  I saw "Next To Normal" on Broadway but went to see it in Charlotte  when it came here because my youngest daughter missed it when we saw it on Broadway.

Updated On: 11/8/15 at 11:18 AM

mpkie
#42Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/8/15 at 11:47am

Wow... my jaw dropped when I read this. But she seems like a sweet lady. I just realized she's the lady in the photo I took of Dominic Scaglione Jr at stage door when I saw the show earlier this year! Red shirt and all.

broadwaysfguy
#43Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/8/15 at 12:50pm

rock on jo anne

finally read the article

this was her favorite music with her "local boys made good" band  of her pre teen and teen years

she gets to feel 11 or 12 again with her whole life in front of her every time she goes

pretty good deal for $60.....

Pootie2
#44Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/8/15 at 3:22pm

Producers must love these people. From the Broadway League for the 2013-2014 season: "The group of devoted fans who attended 15 or more performances comprised only 5% of the audience, but accounted for 35% of all tickets (4.2 million admissions)."

Edit: Though that doesn't specify "same," so there's that. But viewers of multiple shows or repeat viewers of anything on Broadway are a severe minority that disproportionately represent ticket sales.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin
Updated On: 11/8/15 at 03:22 PM

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#45Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/9/15 at 2:10am

As others have said, I am an advocate of watching LIVE shows multiple times. Every live show is different. When I see a show the first time, you are usually just caught up in the with the performance, and miss a lot of the little things. I love to see a show multiple times to catch the little things I missed on the first go around. Also, it is fun to see different actors and sometimes I have found the standby to be better than the starring actor. 

However, I think the most I have seen a show is maybe 10 times and that is including multiple runs on tour. I am embarrassed to say which show I have seen 10 times, as it is not my favorite, but it is one of the more popular shows on tour. I can say I have seen Book of Mormon 9 times including 4 times in SLC, and proud of it. As I don't live in NYC, if there is a great show in town, I see it multiple times.  It is hard for me to sit at home, when there is a great show with Broadway talent in town. 

If I am in NYC, there are too many other shows to see, instead of seeing the same show over and over again. There is no way I could see Book of Mormon again on Broadway, but I would buy another ticket on tour if it is near me. 

Not to be confused with Dave19.

mailhandler777
#46Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/9/15 at 8:31am

Mr Roxy said: "Wasn't there someone who saw Rock Of Ages over 500 times? Wonder what happened to him."

He is still seeing Rock of Ages and has become a good friend of mine. He also sees like every show there is from DC,VA and NYC and in numerous other cities and states.

As for the lady in the article if it makes her happy more power to her. She isn't hurting anyone and doesn't seem to be a crazy like some fans are. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)
Updated On: 11/9/15 at 08:31 AM

bstoll1
Margo319
#48Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 11/19/17 at 6:13pm

The world is sh*t right now.  Glad she is experiencing some joy.

TREAT YO SELF!!!!

bstoll1
#49Jersey Boys Superfan Has Seen The Show 675 Times
Posted: 3/18/18 at 4:17pm

I am working on another talk about Broadway and will briefly discuss REPEAT ATTENDERS.  I would GREATLY appreciate it if any of you would be willing to share your stories if you've seen a production lets say more than 25 times.  For those who have seen a show 200 times or more PLEASE send me a DM! THANKS!!!