pixeltracker

The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ? - Page 2

The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#25The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 1/12/16 at 5:56pm

I'm a teacher and my teacher budget isn't very large...I rely on rush for most of the shows I see when I make my trip up there! If I could afford it, I'd buy all my tickets in advance! I'll keep my eyes peeled on the rush report and if it's still crazy these next couple of months, I'll buy one in advance. Thanks for the suggestion!

A.Ham2
#26The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 1/20/16 at 8:00am

How early would one want to get there for a Sunday show?

Broadwaystar2
#27The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 1/20/16 at 8:07am

A.Ham2 said: "How early would one want to get there for a Sunday show?

"

There are 2 shows. The box office opens at 12. So your chances are doubled. 

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#28The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 1/21/16 at 2:15am

Does anyone know if standing room is ever offered? I recall reading it's around $30 or so, but I was wondering what the likelihood of getting it might be.

musicaltheatrechick
#29The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 1/21/16 at 2:40pm

According to the color purple website, there are standing room tickets for $30, but only when the performance is sold out. I havent seen it, so I can't tell you for sure about ticket availablity. 

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#30The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 1/28/16 at 6:23pm

Bump.

Gad anyone done rush recently? Wondering what time I would have to get there on a weekday (figure that would be easier than weekend)?

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#31The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 1/28/16 at 7:22pm

An hour before curtain 2 weeks ago I got a $49 partial view ticket, which was front row mezz all the way on the end. View wasn't partial, and was able to move to center mezz at intermission!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#32The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 1/28/16 at 7:59pm

Do the $49 partial view tickets go on sale when the box office opens? 

_IrisTInkerbell
#33The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 1/28/16 at 8:42pm

Thanks for that tip, that's very good to know! Are these only on sale at the box office? If they are on sale in the morning that might be a good back-plan if I miss out on rush!

@z5
#34The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 1/28/16 at 11:21pm

I went around 2:30 last sunday and got one for that night's show for $59. "Partial View" Orch row I, on the side. There was nothing partial about it, having seen the show multiple times from other locations. 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#35The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 1/28/16 at 11:27pm

So orchestra partial is $59 and front mezz is $49? 

_IrisTInkerbell
#36The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 1/28/16 at 11:41pm

or $59 on the weekend, and $49 on weekdays. Either way a good deal. I would be ok paying the $59, especially since there aren't any discount codes for the cheaper seats, only for Orch.

_IrisTInkerbell
#37The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 11:20am

Got there around 9:15 this morning (Wednesday), there were about 13 people in line ahead of me. At least as many ended up behind me by 10.

I got the last evening rush ticket, there were some matinee tickets left, but not many I think. Overall, most seemed to be singles and limited view (except maybe the first few people). I got a limited view box seat.

Not sure really what the situation with the box seats is, I guess I'll find out tonight (according to the price chart in the BO face value of the box seats is $135, but that seems unlikely if it's limited view? Maybe there are more box seats than what they sell regularly?

Either way, I'm happy it worked out on the first try and I finally get to see it!

brdway411
#38The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 7:40pm

Did rush 2 weeks ago, got box seats. Was able to move to rear orchestra right before the start of the show. It was a crappy weather night, so there were tons of seats in the orchestra. Just asked the usher, she said it was cool. 

@z5
#39The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 8:21pm

I've done box before, and missed an entrance or two on the extreme side but that's really it (having seen the show from different locations)

_IrisTInkerbell
#40The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 11:30pm

I had the probably worst seats in the box, on the outside and back in the front box. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to see a thing but turned out the seats had been arranged wrong (the 2 in the front had stood behind each other, not side by side) and after that was fixed things looked up. Girl next to me on the inside seat was also really nice and let me lean over when i needed to.

It did have to lean left and right a lot to see different sections of the stage, and I missed some parts stage right (was in the left box), esp when Cynthia was sitting on the floor/a chair on that side.

The couple in front left at intermission (I'll go ahead and assume for different seats), so in the 2nd act I had a pretty unobstructed view.

The house was close to sold out so I didn't try to find another seat (or ask for one), and it wasn't bad overall. The advantage vs. rear mezz or rear orch was how close you are, you can really see facial expressions, which I always appreciate.

musicaltheatreman2
#41The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 5/2/16 at 11:13pm

what have been the rush lines been like in the past few weeks since JHud is leaving this week? Also is standing room in this theatre good? 

Thank you :)

@z5
#42The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 5/2/16 at 11:16pm

standing room is excellent

musicaltheatreman2
#43The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 5/2/16 at 11:21pm

I am not able to get to the box office until 5:00, do you think standing room will be sold out by then?

LittleCheno
#44The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 5/3/16 at 1:32am

musicaltheatreman2 said: "what have been the rush lines been like in the past few weeks since JHud is leaving this week? Also is standing room in this theatre good? 

Thank you :)

"

I rushed this past Saturday and the lines got really long before 10 am----maybe 50 people at least? I got there at 6:30am and was 8th or 9th in line. Most in front of me were buying tickets for the evening show. I ended up getting a ticket in row C of the mez, at the end of the row---technically a Partial View ticket, but it really wasn't. I think it may have been better than one of the box seats. Standing room looks to be a fantastic view----and totally worth it. The show was amazing!

billyelliotfan123
#45The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 5/3/16 at 1:38am

Standing Room is a perfect view. No obstructions and you could see facial expressions just fine. It is a small theater. I was able to walk up to the box office at 1:15 on Saturday and buy a Standing Room ticket for the Matinee.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#46The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 5/5/16 at 6:01pm

the show is basically sold-out from tonight through Sunday for Hudson's last week, so SRO should be available. Anyone attempting rush or SRO this weekend and care to report back??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BellaB2
#47The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 5/5/16 at 11:57pm

I'm going to try either rush or SRO this Saturday. Question, if the show is already sold out, does anyone know if they release the SRO tickets right when the box office opens or do they still only do it closer to show time?

mpd4165
#48The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 5/6/16 at 10:32am

BellaB2 said: "I'm going to try either rush or SRO this Saturday. Question, if the show is already sold out, does anyone know if they release the SRO tickets right when the box office opens or do they still only do it closer to show time?

"

When I did SRO in March, I went on a Saturday for the evening performance after striking out at Shuffle...they didn't seem to have any issue giving them out at 10-10:30 am. The view is absolutely perfect for this show since the set is pretty much static and it all plays on pretty level areas.

Sheree1986
#49The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 5/6/16 at 4:48pm

Got SRO ticket for tonight's performance (05/06/2016). My friend arrived at the box office at 10:32 AM and said there were about 30 people on line. She was still able to snag SRO tickets after waiting for about 25 mins.

Videos