pixeltracker

And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???- Page 2

And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#25And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 2/8/16 at 10:07pm

I am beyond happy!!! Can't wait this going to be my 4th straight year. I love A Chorus Line.

nasty_khakis
#26And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 2/8/16 at 11:32pm

This really is difficult to cast. Jullianne Hough is a name and would make a great Val, but she's "name" enough for Cassie, I guess even if she reads younger. Nichole Scherzinger would also make a great Shelia and she's done the bowl musical before. 

Hilty has said she is not a dancer and Smash was very nicely staged and edited to make her look like she could hold her own.

It's truly difficult to think of names/Glee cast that can legitimately dance it.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#27And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 2/8/16 at 11:36pm

That Jessica Simpson video might be the most surprising thing I'll see all year. Wow. SLAY.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#28And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 2/8/16 at 11:39pm

Dianna Agron is a phenomenal dancer, and could definitely hold her own. Although I don't think she'd even consider it, given that she isn't a fan of her own singing voice.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#29And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 2/9/16 at 12:09am

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hoff pop up here since she's an actual dancer. I don't think most of the choices here can dance. 

Remember when Jane Krakowski did "The Music and the Mirror" on ALLY MCBEAL? I'd love to see her as Cassie though that's obviously never happening.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
Updated On: 7/31/16 at 12:09 AM

TerrenceIsTheMann
#30And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 2/9/16 at 12:49am

Jessica Simpson though.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#31And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 2/9/16 at 1:35am

I would die if Jessica from the last  Broadway revival played Cassie.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#32And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 2/9/16 at 12:46pm

JoseLee_ said: "I would die if Jessica from the last  Broadway revival played Cassie.

"

doubtful since she's in TUCK EVERLASTING. And I'd say odds are likely they'll try and get a big name to play Cassie.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

PepperedShepherd Profile Photo
PepperedShepherd
#33And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 2/9/16 at 4:36pm

QueenAlice said: "An interesting, but odd choice because these summer shows at the Bowl usually are all about 'names' and I don't think there are too many name performers who could handle doing that choreography.  Hiring 'names' in these roles also kind of defeats the whole point of the show... "

^^ This. ^^

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#34And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 2/9/16 at 6:51pm

I just have a feeling Mario Lopez will be Zach & odds are his wife will play someone on the line, too. Courtney Laine Mazza was in the revival and it's how the two met. Mazza u/s the following roles: Kristine, Connie, Diana, Judy & Val.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#35And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 5/21/16 at 11:13am

Any news on this cast?  Deciding whether or not I want to check it out.

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#36And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 5/21/16 at 11:53am

Oh, cast be damned, you should just book your ticket and go. I've been super-impressed with about half of the Bowl musicals I've been to in the last several years (loved their RENT and HAIRSPRAY), and even the losers have something interesting to offer (Ellen Greene as Adelaide in GUYS & DOLLS, anyone?)

I find that the coolest shows are ones where they multiply the ensembles by many times the original just to fill that huge portal-- I can only imagine how thrilling "At The Ballet" will be with hundreds doing the barre exercises. (I hope.)

PS Is anyone else joining us at the Paul Simon concert there on June 1?

Updated On: 5/21/16 at 11:53 AM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#37And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 5/21/16 at 1:00pm

Me

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#38And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 5/21/16 at 5:58pm

Got my tickets! 

Elle89
#39And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 5/23/16 at 9:31pm

Any other cast predictions? I'm having a hard time dreaming up casting choices with this one! 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#40And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 5/24/16 at 11:29am

been trying to legitimately think of 19 celebrities to cast for this. I really think about 10 will be "names" and the others will be Broadway vets. Wouldn't mind Alison Porter reprising Bebe, but I don't think she's doing musicals anymore.

Zach - Mario Lopez

Don - Nick Carter

Maggie - Mara Davi

Mike - Riker Lynch

Connie - J. Elaine Marcos

Greg - Broadway vet

Cassie - ???

Sheila - Paige Davis

Bobby - Darren Criss

Bebe - Krysta Rodriquez

Judy - Rumer Willis

Richie - Jacob Artist

Al - Drew Lachey

Kristine - Lea Lachey

Val - Courtney Laine Mazza-Lopez

Mark - Chris Colfer

Paul - Corbin Bleu

Diana - Naya Rivera

Larry - Broadway vet

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#41And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 5/24/16 at 3:20pm

Wow, ACL, someone's really working hard at this! I'm impressed.

My only critique is that sure, a few of these folks can sing well, but unless you're a phenomenal dancer, I just don't want to see you in the cast of A CHORUS LINE. There's no hiding on that stage-- there's no chance of sitting out a number while the ensemble executes the choreography without you. You are the ensemble. You better be able to nail the moves or you should have been cut before "God I Hope I Get It" is over.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#42And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 6/1/16 at 2:22pm

When do they usually announce the cast? I want more Broadway vets over celebrities.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#43And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 6/1/16 at 4:48pm

they just held their open call a month ago, so I'd imagine calls have gone out. And remember, the Hollywood Bowl only has 10 days of rehearsal, so they typically only announce their casting a month before. I'd give it a few more weeks until we know.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#44And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 6/2/16 at 1:50pm

Casting for the Hollywood Bowl's upcoming production of A Chorus Line, which won the Tony® Award for Best Musical, has been announced: Sabrina Bryan asValerie ClarkRobert Fairchild as Mike Costa, Spencer Liff as Larry,Ross Lynch as Mark Anthony, in addition to Mara Davi as Maggie Winslow, Denis Lambert asGregory GardnerJ. Elaine Marcos as Connie Wong, Jason Tam as Paul San Marco, and Leigh Zimmerman as Sheila Bryant. Additional casting will be announced at a later date.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#45And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 6/2/16 at 1:56pm

I wonder who they're trying to star-cast as Cassie.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#46And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 6/2/16 at 2:02pm

What a dreadfully boring set of names. 

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#47And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 6/2/16 at 2:05pm

Leigh Zimerman was excellent in London

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#48And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 6/2/16 at 2:12pm

I suppose these names are boring if you were hoping for some true "all-star" Hollywood line up, but as has already been discussed in the thread -- most Hollywood names couldn't handle the dancing, and secondly, 'star' casting completely defeats the point of the story.

I personally think this is an excellent group.  A bit of the 'best' of the Broadway revival, along with Leigh Zimmerman who won an Olivier Award for playing Shelia in London, and Robert Fairchild who is fabulous in An American in Paris.  They should all be wonderful and will serve the show well.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Liza's Headband
#49And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???
Posted: 6/2/16 at 2:15pm

How do they sell these performances at the massive Hollywood Bowl without any names? Unless they're planning to get superstars for the roles of Zach and Cassie, which is certainly possible...