pixeltracker

Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton- Page 5

Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#100Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 11:50am

If it messes up again, I'm just going to forget the trip to Chicago.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

angelamjeffries Profile Photo
angelamjeffries
#101Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 11:50am

I called, and I tried the "Express Line," but it said nothing was available. So even calling is a crapshoot, even if it was faster than the website.

Thoroughbred
#102Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 11:51am

Had the same issue - waited, then it brought me back to the seat map. Attempting to reselect the seats.

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#103Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 11:55am

I had lost my map tickets but still had the "find my seats" going for a half hour but it finally worked right when I had given up! If you have one running don't exit out- it works eventually! Got my tix. 

DottieD'Luscia
#104Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:03pm

You mean in actually being able to purchase the ticket?!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#105Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:03pm

I was on the page for the date I wanted and, when the countdown to when tickets were on sale reached 00:00, nothing happened. I refreshed the page, but the actual calendar was not coming up. Finally, when it did come up, it said you needed an offer code to buy tickets. Refreshed it a few times and finally (minutes after 10AM) the calendar to select seats came up. I selected my seats and pressed continue. Like others, my wait time kept fluctuating anywhere between 4 minutes - 30 minutes. After about 40 minutes, it finally got down to "Less than 1 minute" and then up popped the interactive seating chart error and I was told to refresh and have Ticketmaster find tickets for me. That's been searching for tickets for about 15 minutes now.

Anyone else get the calendar asking for an offer code the first few minutes?

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#106Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:04pm

Leaf Coneybear said: "I had lost my map tickets but still had the "find my seats" going for a half hour but it finally worked right when I had given up! If you have one running don't exit out- it works eventually! Got my tix. "

Well, that's encouraging, although I haven't even gotten to the screen where it tells me what seats are available. But I won't close the window, unless of course it's still running when I leave work at 4!

JeffDaEgg2
#107Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:05pm

Mobile didn't have any tickets available for the first five minutes or so, and when it did start working most shows seemed to only have Amex seats (code required) as an option. However, if you're willing to be a loser and go in a cold month then you might have luck.  I got a third row side orch single ticket for the 2/25 matinee, and made someone happy by releasing the exact same ticket for the 2/26 matinee.  The search on mobile took around 15 minutes but the checkout took less than 10 seconds.

Leaf Coneybear
#108Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:06pm

Anyone else get the calendar asking for an offer code the first few minutes?

I did as well. 

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#109Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:10pm

Chicago in winter is such a crap shoot I'm not even going to try to get tickets between November and May.   I live in Ohio and bad weather at any stretch along the way can make traveling a nightmare. No thanks!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#110Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:12pm

I'm afraid to click on a new tab. I don't want to lose these tickets, the weird thing is it's been stuck at 45 minutes for 10 minutes now.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Jallenc32
#111Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:13pm

Mine always said "more than 45 minutes" until it went below that point.  Are you sure that's not what it says?

another sloe eyed vamp Profile Photo
another sloe eyed vamp
#112Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:16pm

Pretty sure - mine went between 45 and 28 minutes (in both directions) before it gave up with an error message.

Considering what Ticketmaster is getting in service charges for all these tickets, you'd think they could get their site and app working.

Updated On: 6/21/16 at 12:16 PM

Thoroughbred
#113Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:22pm

I was just kicked out back to the seat map for the second time. 

mtchairs Profile Photo
mtchairs
#114Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:37pm

It's now just after 2.30am in Sydney and I have 3 screens on the 'Searching....sit tight' message. I was originally able to select 2 tickets from the map but after 45 minutes of waiting the tickets were gone and I got thrown out of the map. Not sure whether it's worth keeping trying at this point?

Call_me_jorge
#115Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:43pm

My time keeps hovering in the low 20's

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

jon5202 Profile Photo
jon5202
#116Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:44pm

Well, considering all of the press about this show, I guess I am not surprised at the lines and phone problems this morning.  Here is another look at the morning madness in downtown Chicago:

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20160621/downtown/chicago-hamilton-tickets-are-already-8000-on-stubhub

I honestly don't ever remember this much anticipation/demand for a show with a line completely around the block and at the age of 64 I have seen quite a few shows in Chicago and even worked for the Shubert Organization when they had theatres in Chicago.  Not certain if the article indicates that ALL tickets are sold out til March 19, 2017 but it appears that is possible (at least via the box office).  

As a long time Broadway in Chicago subscriber, I do have a ticket for one of the first performances so I will see it in September.  Note:  I rarely have paid more than $100.00 for a ticket but I also see about 150 shows a season in Chicago and New York so luckily most Chicago shows are in small theatres with low prices. 

Updated On: 6/21/16 at 12:44 PM

Kitzka
#117Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:49pm

By some miracle i was able to get three tickets for my family. We will be sitting in the way way back of the balcony but at this point i am just happy we will have tickets. Hopefully the view is fine.

thanks to the OP who posted about this. Despite living 10 mins from NYC my whole family hasn't been able to see it here. 

Call_me_jorge
#118Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:49pm

It just kicked me out of the map now it's saying its searching for seats.

sparepart973
#119Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 1:10pm

It's a joke for Ticketmaster to call itself a ticketing site in 2016. Nothing about this works. 

Leaf Coneybear
#120Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 1:28pm

Guys- I've gotten tickets twice. The trick is to not do the map (once you wait it exits you out) but to do the "find me tickets" and it takes a loooong time for it to find tix (took me 2 hrs the second time) and just wait it out. Once you've found the tickets it's easy to check out and I've done it twice and it works fine. You just have to wait! 

DottieD'Luscia
#121Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 1:32pm

^Thanks, I took a shot at that 15 minutes ago, but specified section I wanted.

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#122Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 1:35pm

Still searching for tickets! 

Updated On: 6/21/16 at 01:35 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#123Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 1:37pm

For NY tickets this last time, I had the same experience as Leafy -- picking my own tickets was like hitting a wall, having the computer do it took much less time and I ended up in row C of the Orch.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Call_me_jorge
#124Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/21/16 at 1:39pm

Finally got tickets! For a different date than expected but I'm happy nonetheless.