She Loves Me Stagedoor

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#25She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 4/17/16 at 1:34pm

I was just wondering if anyone had gone lately and if more of the cast has been coming out regularly? 

ChiTheaterFan
#26She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 4/17/16 at 3:27pm

I was there the first weekend in April (between Laura's illnesses) and pretty much everyone came out. I don't remember for sure if EVERY minor character came out but it was almost everybody if not everyone. They were all super nice. 

smidge
#27She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 4/17/16 at 3:55pm

I read on another board that lately Laura had pre signed playbills distributed.

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#28She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 4/17/16 at 4:02pm

Jane Krakowski isn't taking photos? Any ideas on why, or if this will change? I'm seeing the show in June, and was hoping to get a photo

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#29She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 4/17/16 at 10:05pm

I went on a Saturday matinee and was told that no one would come out because the cast has very little time before performances to eat, rest up, before it's showtime. But Zachary Levi did come out with his portable stereo and so did Gavin Creel and Nicholas Barasch. Jane I was told doesn't come out between performances because she has to ice her feet and get physical therapy. No idea about Laura.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#30She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 4/17/16 at 10:10pm

I can only read this thread title in a pirate voice.

potato2
#31She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 4/26/16 at 8:33pm

I was wondering if anyone has been to a Wednesday matinee lately for the show, and whether anyone from the cast came out?

Laurapattifan Profile Photo
Laurapattifan
#32She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 4/26/16 at 8:37pm

potato2 said: "I was wondering if anyone has been to a Wednesday matinee lately for the show, and whether anyone from the cast came out?

"

Zachary always comes out Laura doesn't come out between shows if she comes out 

potato2
#33She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 4/26/16 at 8:40pm

Thanks!!

mpkie
#34She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 4/26/16 at 9:20pm

I did this Sunday's matinee and only Zachary Levi and Nicholas Barasch came out.

Bummed that I didn't get to gush at Gavin Creel in person but whaddya gonna do?

DrJekyll Profile Photo
DrJekyll
#35She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 4/27/16 at 2:10pm

potato2 said: "I was wondering if anyone has been to a Wednesday matinee lately for the show, and whether anyone from the cast came out?

Same experience as mpkie when I attended Wed matinee end of March.  Only Levi and Barasch came out.  Both were delightful to talk to. 

"

rjm516
#36She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 4/27/16 at 2:52pm

I'm going on a Saturday night so I assume the stage door is crazy? Is it manageable or like don't even bother if you can't run from your seat at the end? (I can never leave without going to the bathroom anyway.)

Corey38
#37She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 4/27/16 at 3:40pm

Now that it's a little later in the production, does anyone know if Jane has started coming out more often?

Laurapattifan Profile Photo
Laurapattifan
#38She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 4/27/16 at 4:23pm

rjm516 said: "I'm going on a Saturday night so I assume the stage door is crazy? Is it manageable or like don't even bother if you can't run from your seat at the end? (I can never leave without going to the bathroom anyway.)

"

When I went they added gates as more people came and it was only about 2 people if that deep 

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#39She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 4/27/16 at 4:25pm

I went at the end of March and everyone came out and signed/took pictures except for Krakoswki. It was pretty manageable, though my friends and I rushed out of the theater to secure a good spot. As everyone has stated above, Levi was a joy with his routine and Benanti was extraordinarily kind!

BwayinVan
#40She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 4/27/16 at 11:48pm

Corey38 said: "Now that it's a little later in the production, does anyone know if Jane has started coming out more often?

"

I was there tonight and the stage door was manageable. I was up in the mezz and still managed to secure a good spot but that was because I knew the stage door was on the 53rd st side. Unfortunately Laura had to race off to perform with the Skivvies (ironically next door) but the doorman came out with a big stack of signed playbills and handed them out. Andrew Kober was one for Sipos and was the first to come out. Zach was his usual charming self. Gavin was last to come out and Nicholas Barasch also came out. I saw Jane duck out quickly and go straight to a waiting car. Once in it I saw her duck down and hide so she definitely didn't want to be seen. Overall it was one of the more pleasant stage door experiences I've had

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#41She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 4/28/16 at 12:23am

" I can only read this thread title in a pirate voice. "

This made me laugh, and now i can only read it that way too.  :)

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#42She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 6/2/16 at 1:51pm

If anyone was interested in an updated experience, here’s mine from last night. This was my third time seeing the show, but my first time doing stage door. The first time I had to rush somewhere after the show, and the second time I didn’t realize the stage door was at the back of the theatre so I stood around the front doors like a lame duck and eventually sulked back to Brooklyn.

But last night, with the added knowledge of where the stage door actually is, I was able to get there probably around 5-10 minutes after the show ended. I came from the rear mezz and was able to get a spot at the barricade. It’s actually a pretty nice setup they have, with a long line of barricades that fits enough people without having to form a double row.

Zac came out first and set up two speakers on a chair right in front of me, so they could play music while they signed/took pictures. He worked his way down the row signing playbills, then rounded back to do the same but to take pictures this time. Nicholas Barasch just did it all in one fell swoop. They took their time to talk to everyone and Zac spent a considerable amount of time with fans.

Jane came out third and did the same, taking her time to talk to people and take pictures. She was so nice and sweet, all of them were. I left after talking to Jane, so I’m not sure if Gavin ended up coming out or not. Same with Tom McGowan.

Megan Hilty came out too, from visiting backstage. Didn’t stop or anything though. Ben Platt was there last night too but I don’t think he stuck around to go backstage.

And of course Laura’s playbills were passed out, but I think that’s just standard now? People seemed disappointed but she really can’t risk getting sick anymore.

Wayman_Wong
#43She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 6/3/16 at 7:41am

Slumdogdelaware, thanks for the update. It's one of the friendliest stage-door experiences I've ever seen on Broadway. (Weeks ago, when I stopped by, Laura Benanti and Gavin Creel both came out, too.)  And kudos to Zachary Levi, who's given this meet-and-greet his own spin. I've never seen another Broadway celeb turn on the music, chit-chat, sign every Playbill he's offered and then go through the line a second time for photos. He's said: "I like being able to say thank you. Call it something that started in community theater." Recently, this TV star of "Chuck" dished about growing up a "theater nerd" and his roots onstage in Southern California.

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/page/rialto/past/2016/051916.html

Updated On: 6/3/16 at 07:41 AM

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#44She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 6/3/16 at 11:44pm

Was there tonight. Everyone came out except Laura, but her signed Playbills were distributed before anyone else emerged. It's the most polite efficient stage door. Security announced who was coming out and who wasn't. All actors had their own silver or gold Sharpies. Jane came out, spent a lot of time working the line-talked to everyone, took a photo with everyone. Was in absolutely no hurry. One of the kindest, most gracious people I've ever met at the door. Hugged people in photos and had people touching her despite her wearing just a black cocktail dress and heels. Blown away by her kindness. Guess it depends on the night if she can do that. 

There was absolutely no hysteria at the door which was awesome. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

desperateAndee Profile Photo
desperateAndee
#45She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 6/4/16 at 1:39pm

I was also there last night and I completely agree with Bettyboy72. Was blown away by how incredibly gracious and wonderful Jane Krakowski was; at one point I even saw her hold someone's phone and take the photo herself. Zachary Levi was a pure gentlemen, too. 

mattmarkowski99 Profile Photo
mattmarkowski99
#46She Loves Me Stagedoor
Posted: 7/6/16 at 1:53am

I was just wondering who had been coming out after matinees lately. I think I'm going to see the show on Saturday at 2. Thanks for any help.