Waitress Rush Tickets

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#75Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 3/31/17 at 1:12pm

The box seats are still sold at the BO only in advance, but the price went up from $79 to $89, at least for the performance in June when I'm seeing the show again. I think they told my friend it's for the duration of Sara's run.

Shannonigans
#76Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 4/5/17 at 12:22am

Bump... is it still the case that there is no rush policy for Waitress? Hoping to score some tickets for the weekend and wondering how to best go about it. 

SingingChef Profile Photo
SingingChef
#77Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 5/5/17 at 9:49am

Anybody try this recently?

doritxuuu
#78Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 5/7/17 at 1:55pm

Does anybody have recent experience with the box seats? Do they sell out in advance or is there a chance to get them a day or two before performance day?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#79Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 6/22/17 at 9:00am

Is it possible to get tickets the morning of?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#80Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 6/22/17 at 9:37am

Yes. When I saw it last July, I bought my ticket ($79 box) 30 minutes before curtain. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#81Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 6/22/17 at 10:13am

Yes! Just got four tickets! Can't wait to see Betsy!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

notalwaysontime Profile Photo
notalwaysontime
#82Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 8/23/17 at 6:38am

Can I get some advice? I'm coming to NYC in October, and I'm trying to decide if I should buy my ticket in advance or wait and try for the rush. Right now, with a ticket code, there's an Orchestra ticket available on the right side, row J, Seat 2 (so right on the aisle and not super far off to the side) for $89. from what I can tell it's a really great seat for a great price, but I'm not sure where the rush seats have been since they started (I know there's probably not many reports on that yet) or how crowded the rush even is. Trying to decide if it's worth trying to save $49 or if if the extra $$$ is worth it for the seat available.

Btb1993 Profile Photo
Btb1993
#83Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 8/23/17 at 11:39am

notalwaysontime said: "Can I get some advice? I'm coming to NYC in October, and I'm trying to decide if I should buy my ticket in advance or wait and try for the rush. Right now, with a ticket code, there's an Orchestra ticket available on the right side, row J, Seat 2 (so right on the aisle and not super far off to the side) for $89. from what I can tell it's a really great seat for a great price, but I'm not sure where the rush seats have been since they started (I know there's probably not many reports on that yet) or how crowded the rush even is. Trying to decide if it's worth trying to save $49 or if if the extra $$$ is worth it for the seat available.

I saw the show on Sunday and sat in the orchestra row N seat 2 on the aisle which was a great seat. However in my entire row there was only 4 seats filled (the first four closest to the middle aisle) which was sad. I am assuming that the rush tickets will be all of those far side seats that are not selling which depending on what side you're on will be partial view. So I guess to answer your question if you don't mind paying a little more I think it'll be worth it compared to a partial view where you might not be able to see some parts. Just my guess based off of what I saw the other day. Hope this helps!

"

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#84Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 8/23/17 at 11:55am

I sat on the far right of the orchestra and was fine. You don't miss much. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

onesongglory2 Profile Photo
onesongglory2
#85Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 8/27/17 at 11:42am

Anyone try the rush yet? Curious how busy the crowd has been and where the seats are located.

notalwaysontime Profile Photo
notalwaysontime
#86Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 8/28/17 at 1:34am

I just realized I never replied to anyone! Sorry guys, thank you so much for your input. I think I'm gonna let fate take the wheel and see what I get when I get there.

deathofacatler
#87Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 8/28/17 at 5:02pm

hey guys, i may rush on saturday so i'll definitely update you! even if not, i'll definitely pass by the theater!

onesongglory2
#88Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 8/30/17 at 10:13am

Any updates??

Btb1993 Profile Photo
Btb1993
#89Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 8/30/17 at 10:26am

When I was at the box office the other day, the one man said people have been lining up around 7am and choice of seats will vary on what's available that day!

onesongglory2
#90Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 8/30/17 at 10:33am

Thanks!

ccbway
#91Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 9/2/17 at 11:50am

Rushed Saturday morning for the matinee, got there maybe 15 minutes before the box office opened and they said there were only 30 rush tickets per show, but there were easily 20-30 people ahead of me and I still got tickets in the rear orchestra (far left).

JennH
#92Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 9/2/17 at 1:58pm

Finally implementing rush must be working for them, because I finally saw it this week and I saw a close to full house, as opposed to when I bought that ticket, it was barely (maybe) half full, and still was when I checked a week previous to satisfy my curiosity. 

KathyNYC2
#93Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 9/2/17 at 2:22pm

JennH said: "Finally implementing rush must be working for them, because I finally saw it this week and I saw a close to full house, as opposed to when I bought that ticket, it was barely (maybe) half full, and still was when I checked a week previous to satisfy my curiosity."

The last time this show was "half full" was sometime last fall in a slow period and that was just occasionally. There have certainly been some quieter days but it's never been only half full recently.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the new schedule takes over next week. 

Updated On: 9/2/17 at 02:22 PM

JennH
#94Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 9/2/17 at 2:36pm

KathyNYC2 said: "JennH said: "Finally implementing rush must be working for them, because I finally saw it this week and I saw a close to full house, as opposed to when I bought that ticket, it was barely (maybe) half full, and still was when I checked a week previous to satisfy my curiosity."

The last time this show was "half full" was sometime last fall in a slow period and that was just occasionally. There have certainly been some quieterdays but it's never been only half full recently.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the new schedule takes over next week.
"

Yeah I wonder what that new schedule might do. 

Also what I meant was, when I bought that ticket ticket online, that house was barely half full at the time. I saw mostly blue, aka available seats. They were very scattered around the house but it was quite empty, borderlining on half full. That was about three weeks ago. Just for fun, I checked again a week before I saw it and not too much had changed. When I finally got the show it was pretty packed. Aka rush is working. Obviously it wasn't "Half full" by performance time, but it was when I bought the ticket 3 ish weeks ago.

Updated On: 9/2/17 at 02:36 PM

KathyNYC2
#95Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 9/2/17 at 11:00pm

Oh I didn't understand what you meant. Now I see. 

I am sure rush is helping but there are a limited amount of rush seats of course so it doesn't change too much. 

Next two weeks are two for one tickets so all the shows should have more people (but less $$) but it's worth it. 

deathofacatler
#96Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 9/3/17 at 9:23pm

I passed by on Saturday at around 9, and the line looked to be about 10 people long. I went there after getting SRO to Hello Dolly at about 10:40 and they were out. 

yesraccoons Profile Photo
yesraccoons
#97Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 9/4/17 at 10:59am

Waitress sells 30 rush tickets to each performance according to the box office. The tickets are back orchestra to the right, but not partial view. My friend was about 10th in line during a two show day, and got L16 and L18. Don't fret about showing up too early, an hour before the box office opens on a two show day should be good.

ashleyjena
#98Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 9/15/17 at 11:39pm

How early should I arrive if I want a rush ticket on a Sunday? I am going with a friend and we are debating between Waitress and Come from Away but he prefers Waitress.

chuckydisc
#99Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 9/16/17 at 12:18pm

ashleyjena said: "How early should I arrive if I want a rush ticket on a Sunday? I am going with a friend and we are debating between Waitress and Come from Away but he prefers Waitress."

IMHO a sliding time of 9:30 - 10:30 ( assuming a noon box office opening ) depending on how close to sold out the show is