SHUFFLE ALONG rush

Capeguy Profile Photo
Capeguy
#25SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/7/16 at 4:20pm

Yes, I was in B6 last night. It was the WORSE seat I've ever had in 40+ years of going to the theater and I paid $169 -- there was no warning that it was partial view (I got my ticket last October). I'm only 5'6" -- maybe if you're tall, it's not an issue. For me, when the performers are at the front of the stage -- you see them from about their knees up. When they're dancing in the center of the stage -- you see them from the waist up. And often -- you only see their heads. I think there was good dancing but I couldn't really tell. At intermission, many of us sitting in row B went to see the manager. He shrugged and said we could stand in the back of the theater in the standing room area. Don't waste your money. You will be better off just getting standing room. He told us that the producers now realize there is a problem but still will not lower the price. I have been looking forward to this for so long and came from Cape Cod to see this. I was so disappointed that I can't even judge the show.

Updated On: 5/7/16 at 04:20 PM

VintageSnarker
#26SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/9/16 at 5:10pm

For those of you who've seen the show, or even been in the theatre, do you think it makes more sense to take a chance on rush ($40) and hope to get seated somewhere OK or to get a seat in one of the last two rows ($65)? I'm short so all of these reports about not being able to see have me very nervous about where to sit and how much money to spend if I'm going to spend the whole time with a partial view seat (whether or not it's marked partial view). 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#27SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/9/16 at 5:14pm

VintageSnarker said: "For those of you who've seen the show, or even been in the theatre, do you think it makes more sense to take a chance on rush ($40) and hope to get seated somewhere OK or to get a seat in one of the last two rows ($65)? I'm short so all of these reports about not being able to see have me very nervous about where to sit and how much money to spend if I'm going to spend the whole time with a partial view seat (whether or not it's marked partial view). "

When I did rush 3 weeks ago I got a partial view seat on the Left Box. It was perfectly fine though since I saw all the tap dancing! How much is SRO? If you're going to sit in the last 2 rows, you might as well get a SRO ticket since you'd be standing behind those seats! SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code

Samanthacq Profile Photo
Samanthacq
#28SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/11/16 at 2:43am

Anyone tried to rush recently? Wondering if they still offer rush ticket, or it's only SRO now. And since SRO is only available when the show sold out, how often would that happen?

Thx!

Samanthacq Profile Photo
Samanthacq
#30SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/11/16 at 3:47am

Thank you so much for the information! $99 for a partial view seat is really a bit too much. 

brdway411
#31SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/11/16 at 4:00am

I just checked Broadwayforbrokepeople.com and yes, it us only SRO, WHEN THE SHOW IS SOLD OUT now. 

nolanativeny
#32SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/11/16 at 10:12am

The Theatermania discount works for the next month and the last two rows of the mezz are $55. I sat in the center of the second to last row last night and it was just about perfect for the price. 

Updated On: 5/11/16 at 10:12 AM

brdwybuff
#33SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/11/16 at 10:36am

Has only gotten sro for this show? If so how is view and what time did you get to the box office?

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#34SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/14/16 at 11:44pm

Just buy a $55 rear mezzanine seat as the view from there is fine unless you want to spend more and sit closer...

Discount offer good for seats till 10/9/16 but expires 6/10/16

telechargeoffers.com  

code: sadmx1016

Orchestra/Front mezzanine: $99

Mid Mezzanine-Rear Mezzanine seats: $75-$55

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

VintageSnarker
#35SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/15/16 at 2:07am

Are the rear mezzanine seats obstructed in any way? I can't remember seeing a show in the Music Box. Is it steep?

doritxuuu
#36SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/15/16 at 9:01am

We got SRO tickets for the matinee yesterday - I think evening SRO tickets were gone right when the box office opened (if I understood a girl at the Waitress box office line correctly). We got to the box office around 10:30 and had to wait until they sold the last tickets which happened within 10 minutes or so. If any doubt, I'd call the box office the day before and they can advise.

View is absolutely fine, you cannot see the screen on the top of the stage that indicates the locations but otherwise clear view of everything (I have seen the show before).

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#37SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/15/16 at 4:57pm

VintageSnarker said: "Are the rear mezzanine seats obstructed in any way? I can't remember seeing a show in the Music Box. Is it steep?

SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

brdwybuff
#38SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/15/16 at 7:55pm

No rush tix only SRO. I went to box office yesterday at around 8:30 to get SRO for matinee. I waited until 10:30 for them to sell out.

I saw 7 shows in 5 days and wish I hadn't wasted time on seeing this show. This was my least favorite. Glad I only paid $35. The show is long, redundant, and boring IMHO. Others may think differently.

Sunshine31
#39SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/17/16 at 6:30pm

How are the views from R-Mezz (Rows H-J)?

I may take advantage of the TC offer. 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#40SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/17/16 at 7:14pm

I sat in the rear mezz, last row for PIPPIN and 3 rows from the back. Both center right. Onece on the aisle and once 3 seats in. Perfect view. Especially for SHUFFLE. The chorography looks great from up there.

Just give the world Love.

nolanativeny
#41SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/17/16 at 10:35pm

Just a note that the sign that says the numbers/locations at the top of the proscenium very very briefly (like 10 seconds) obstructs some action if you are sitting in the rear mezz. 

BellaB2
#42SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/19/16 at 10:04pm

Sorry if this has been already answered, but for anyone who got SRO: do they accept credit cards or is it cash only?

Okiekat Profile Photo
Okiekat
#43SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/20/16 at 12:14am

It was cash or credit last weekend.

petewk87
#44SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/28/16 at 2:31pm

I'm planning on doing SRO this Tuesday or Wednesday. How early does one have to show up? For those who have done SRO for this show, how was the view? Thanks!

Updated On: 5/28/16 at 02:31 PM

musicaltheatreman2
#45SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/28/16 at 2:40pm

i recommend buying standing room tickets if you dont mind standing. I was in the standing room last night center section for $35 and had a full view of the stage. 

I think the standing room section is better than particle view side orchestra seats. 

They usually only sell 10 to 16 tickets for standing room, it depends on the day of the week. last night they only sold 10 standing room tickets. people start lining up at 3:45pm / 4:00pm and tickets go on sale at 6pm

Updated On: 5/28/16 at 02:40 PM

billyelliotfan123
#46SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 5/28/16 at 2:45pm

I cant imagine them not selling Rush tickets while Audra is out. 

wicked1492 Profile Photo
wicked1492
#47SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 6/6/16 at 10:42pm

BUMP 

Since it's Tony week, I'd bet they're doing pretty good business, could the SRO go when the Box Office opens this week? Any insight here?

"These rabid fans...possess the acting talent to portray the hooker...Linda Eder..." -The New York Times

mcpdx
#48SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 6/9/16 at 1:37pm

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time posting. Thanks for all the good details in this thread, esp the discount code.

We are visiting NYC from Portland, OR in early July and plan to see Shuffle Along. I want to purchase tickets in the next 2 days (before the Tonys).

For folks that have seen the show, given staging, etc. if you were choosing between the seating options below, which would you choose (ticket price being equal):

1. Orchestra Left, row H (7 rows from stage), seats 13/15 (7 seats in from aisle)

2. Mezz Center, Row D (4th row in Mezz), 2 center seats

3. Mezz Left, Row B (2nd row in Mezz), seats 5,7 (2 in from aisle)

Based on comments in this thread and others and photos I've looked at, I imagine all 3 options are good. I'm just stuck in "analysis paralysis" and could use personal opinion/input.

Thanks in advance!

Jish
#50SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 6/9/16 at 2:00pm

I would vote #2, followed by #3, then #1.

Great show to see from the mezzanine!

bwayluver2
#51SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code
Posted: 6/9/16 at 3:45pm

They've been doing SR most shows but don't sell them until 2 hours before. The line usually starts about 4-5 hours before the show.