pixeltracker

American Psycho was SNUBBED- Page 2

American Psycho was SNUBBED

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#25American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:42am

What a joke, this show is far more impressive, creative, exciting than so many shows. They should have forgot Broadway and just taken it in to the West End. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#26American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:43am

songanddanceman2 said: "What a joke, this show is far more impressive, creative, exciting than so many shows. They should have forgot Broadway and just taken it in to the West End. "

It's probably only fair to say that if you've actually seen the other nominees in the category. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

JM226
#27American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:44am

songanddanceman2 said: "What a joke, this show is far more impressive, creative, exciting than so many shows. They should have forgot Broadway and just taken it in to the West End. 

"

most ridiculous OPINION written on here this morning. 

brian1973
#28American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:44am

Benjamin Walker gives THE best male performance of the year. To be snubbed just so they can throw more nominations at Hamilton is a disgrace. 

Why not leave out Laura Benanti and nominate someone in the Hamilton chorus instead?

Lost all respect for the Tonys now. 

JM226
#29American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:45am

brian1973 said: "Benjamin Walker gives THE best male performance of the year. To be snubbed just so they can throw more nominations at Hamilton is a disgrace. 

Why not leave out Laura Benanti and nominate someone in the Hamilton chorus instead?

"

do you have any PROOF to back up this CLAIM? also, that's not proper usage of the word "snubbed." 

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#30American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:47am

Initially , I thought the subject matter would be a turn off. They did it really well so the shock is it will fail since a few people did not like it . The fact that in this day and age people still do not make up their own mind and listen to critics to decide what they see is flat out amazing. We saw it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Feel sorry for the cast and crew and Walker especially who deserved a nod.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 5/3/16 at 09:47 AM

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#31American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:48am

songanddanceman2 said: "What a joke, this show is far more impressive, creative, exciting than so many shows. They should have forgot Broadway and just taken it in to the West End. "

More impressive than the other shows you haven't seen?  Ok.

10086sunset
#32American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:51am

Jordan Catalano said: "
"Tend to think that closing notice may get posted in the near future."

And why would you think that? What educated guess made you come to that conclucsion? The show has been playing at around 90% each week. Awards don't make shows stay open, money does.

"

Numbers don't lie. They were playing close to 90% thanks to a ton of tickets that were sold at under 20 bucks... 57% of potential is not good. Now erase any hope of a bump from the noms and tell me how long you see this show lasting?

Updated On: 5/3/16 at 09:51 AM

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#33American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:57am

I'm seeing the show tomorrow. I hope that I leave sharing your feelings that it was snubbed. The score category this year was essentially filled with celebrities so it was going to be a tough nomination for them to pull off. 

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#34American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 9:59am

They may be celebrities, but the writers of those scores actually deserved those nominations (and I for one think Sara B should actually win that award over Lin-Manuel... blasphemy!)

LightsOut90
#35American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 10:01am

while the Tonys might not have shown it love, AP did pick up 8 Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle nominations and 2 Drama League nominations, so while it may not walk away with Tony love, it still has a chance at picking up some other prizes, this will run til atleast the end of summer. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#36American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 10:03am

I didn't expect many nominations for AP, especially in the face of much more qualifying fare, but I did expect a nod for Benjamin Walker (and MAYBE one for Helene Yorke), but that's the game.

Who does Benjamin Walker have to blow to get a Tony nod though?

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#37American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 10:04am

"The show has been playing at around 90% each week."

Now Jordan - you know very well that what keeps a show open is money, not attendance. That 90% of which you speak is not, at present, paying enough to keep this show running for long.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#38American Psycho was SNUBBED

JM226 said: "songanddanceman2 said: "What a joke, this show is far more impressive, creative, exciting than so many shows. They should have forgot Broadway and just taken it in to the West End. 

"

most ridiculous OPINION written on here this morning. 

Whats silly about it? It's something I truly believe, I never said the others weren't good (I've not seen them all as only get to NY every so often) but I know that they have done something very unique and I will say as much fun School of Rock is its book is easy, score simple and it really just has the feel good factor and not much else. The score to Bright Star is sleep inducing. 

"

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#39American Psycho was SNUBBED

To bjh

Recant your blasphemy you heathen.

Poster Emeritus

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#40American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 10:06am

"They should have forgot Broadway and just taken it in to the West End."

Why didn't they?

nolanativeny
#41American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 10:19am

Yeah, I am very surprised about Benjamin Walker. He throws himself into that performance like few other actors I have seen and it saddens me that he isn't being recognized for it. Oh well. Guess I should see it again soon. Hope they record it. 

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#42American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 11:05am

bjh2114 said: "songanddanceman2 said: "What a joke, this show is far more impressive, creative, exciting than so many shows. They should have forgot Broadway and just taken it in to the West End. "

More impressive than the other shows you haven't seen?  Ok.

"

Haven't you heard? The American philistines who don't see American Psycho as a groundbreaking work of staggering genius just don't GET it. Any possible criticism is coming from someone who doesn't GET it. 

#43American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 11:08am

score and Ben Walker would be the only two things besides the set and lighting (that were nominated) I would call a snub. This is A)not a good idea for a musical and B) not a well crafted musical.

jcitybone
#44American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 11:13am

I'm excited to see American Psycho in a few weeks!.  The only other musical nominee I did see was Waitress, which I found so tedious that I kept nodding off until Christopher Fitzgerald popped in to wake me up.

hork Profile Photo
hork
#45American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 11:18am

JM226 said: "brian1973 said: "Benjamin Walker gives THE best male performance of the year. To be snubbed just so they can throw more nominations at Hamilton is a disgrace. 

"

do you have any PROOF to back up this CLAIM? also, that's not proper usage of the word "snubbed." 

Why do you KEEP capitalizing random WORDS?

broadwayboy223
#46American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 11:29am

I hope this production is recorded somehow!!!

neonlightsxo
#47American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 11:36am

JM226 said: "if you are "outraged" over an award nomination, there is something wrong with you. "

Why are you so obsessed with commenting on my opinions? Get a life.

Owen22
#48American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 11:47am

Once again, Songanddanceman's inflated opinions are supported by supposition.  At least he isn't all and out lying to back up his opinions this time. Or is he.....?  He is so ridiculous.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#49American Psycho was SNUBBED
Posted: 5/3/16 at 12:03pm

re AP's grosses-they are not perilous like some shows. They are within budgeted reserves for this point in time. Now is when a producer has to show what they are worth. See,e.g., Finding Neverland.

re outrage and the like: this is a theatre board. Outrage is in context. No one here labors under the belief that any of this is actually "important" unless they have skin in the game or a job on the line. Anyone who thinks the world has too many problems for anything here to be worthy of emotion is being hypocritical because, by that standard, one should be out saving the planet instead of posting here.