pixeltracker

The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?- Page 3

The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#50The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 2:18pm

So a limited run of GIRL FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY this Spring/Summer? TINA arrives here in the Fall.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#51The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 2:19pm

Totally baseless fantasy in my head: limited transfer of City Center's Chorus Line in the spring before Tina in the fall.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#52The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 2:23pm

The City Center production of A CHORUS LINE isn't happening. Half the cast would need to be replaced.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

GreeneStreet Profile Photo
GreeneStreet
#53The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 2:27pm

JLP? Timing works with the Lab.

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#54The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 2:32pm

GreeneStreet said: "JLP? Timing works with the Lab."

I assume you're saying Jagged Little Pill? From what I have seen and read it seems like a small show, some were even suggesting the Hayes Theatre whenever it happens. So I think the Lunt may be too big. 

Dreamgirls to me makes the most sense. Big musical house with a big marquee, and only 1 other show to compete with in its category. Id take Girl From The North Country as well though, while I have been absolutely loving the plays this season, Id like a musical to go here as well. The way this week has been going in terms of announcements, Id expect an announcement soon if not before Christmas. 

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#55The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 2:46pm

Girl From The North Country

Broadway World's Fireman.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#56The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 2:50pm

Not getting the obsession with pulling hypothetical musical revivals out of thin air. We'll survive with only one. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#57The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 3:08pm

Would Sutton's Sweet Charity get any traction?

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

wcoyote
#58The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 3:09pm

Updated On: 11/28/18 at 03:09 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#59The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 3:09pm

JSquared2 said: "Dolly80 said: "I said this already weeks ago..

TINA with Adrienne Warren is booked in there already. Opens Fall 2019
"

The theatre will not be empty for 9 months. With the Palace out of commission, the Nederlanders can't afford to have 2 musical houses dark.

"

That's for sure!!! Look what happened sadly to the Mark Hellinger in the late 80's!
TINA takes it fall '19 but in the interim???

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BroadwayConcierge
#60The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 3:10pm

wcoyote said: "Look for that to go to the Kerr after Springsteen.."

Bruh.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#61The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 3:13pm

Girl From The North Country has been announced for a Fall 2019 Toronto run, so either it will see a limited spring/summer run or not until afterwards...?

brian1973
#62The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 3:56pm

TINA is going here. In Fall 2019. 

They will either have a filler show..or not. That I don’t know. All I know is that Tina has booked this theatre for an October opening. An announcement is going to be made in the next few weeks.

AnnieBlack
#63The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 4:07pm

Is Girl From North Country no longer playing Toronto? There seems to be no mention of it on the Mirvish website or ability to purchase tickets in February 

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#64The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 4:10pm

^It was cancelled for the spring but they just announced (via instagram) that it will be in Toronto next fall.

MyLife
#65The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 4:12pm

A smaller house is needed for Girl From North Country anyway. It's more like a play with music and the Lunt would swallow it.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#66The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 4:34pm

Tag said: "^It was cancelled for the spring but they just announced (via instagram) that it will be in Toronto next fall."

Heard Girl will come to Broadway-Theatre? after the Toronto run so spring '20 next season

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#67The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 5:02pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Not getting the obsession with pulling hypothetical musical revivals out of thin air. We'll survive with only one."

I agree but I only said because the London production said they were going to Broadway with Amber Riley I believe so there's a little more speculation with that, but if we're pulling musicals out of thin air give me a Urinetown revival this February. 

C4b2a3b
#68The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/28/18 at 9:05pm

Robbie2 said: "Tag said: "^It was cancelled for the spring but they just announced (via instagram) that it will be in Toronto next fall."

Heard Girl will come to Broadway-Theatre? after the Toronto run so spring '20 next season
"

Wow, that'd be an even bigger theatre than Lunt (according to the number of seats on Wikipedia -1761 seats vs 1591). 

msbungee
#69The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/29/18 at 1:21am

Curious no one has mentioned this?

https://nypost.com/2018/11/22/the-boss-is-paving-the-way-for-big-musicians-on-broadway/amp/

Possible a slate of music stars might snatch up the Lunt-Fontanne?

EJ24642 Profile Photo
EJ24642
#70The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/29/18 at 8:53pm

New article from Michael Riedel on the New York Post is saying GFTNC producers were "blindsided" by Hadestown going into the Kerr, and that it will play a six month engagement at the Lunt-Fontanne before Tina moves in. 

https://nypost.com/2018/11/29/north-country-producers-stunned-by-broadway-theater-change/

AnnieBlack
#71The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/29/18 at 9:21pm

Fascinating... 

BroadwayConcierge
#72The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/29/18 at 9:25pm

"Commercial prospects for 'North Country' are iffy: The show’s about depressed people during the Depression and is about as uplifting as a razor blade to the wrist."

LMAO.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#73The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/29/18 at 9:55pm

a negative prognostication from Riedel is the best thing that's ever happened to this show. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#74The Lunt-Fontanne: What's Next?
Posted: 11/29/18 at 10:04pm

but what if the show's a hit? Does it opt to move theaters?