pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 42

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#1025HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/11/17 at 11:45pm

^ think Jasmine Cephas Jones could come back to the show as Eliza? Because I'd pay to watch that.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

hamiltonstradition
#1026HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/12/17 at 8:53am

BroadwayConcierge said: "hamiltonstradition said: "As I said in the Chicago thread, something is telling me to keep an eye out for Samantha Ware, learning an Eliza track seems like they want her to take the role eventually...."

Isn't it peculiar to train your principal Peggy/Maria for the entire Eliza track (and have her go on for it several times, too)? I feel like nobody's really talked about how unprecedented that is, given how many backups are already in the cast (a full-time standby, several understudies, and at least oneuniversal swing...).

In my personal opinion, I'd hope she doesn't advance on the Eliza track. A friendwho saw her said she played Eliza as angry, which is my least favorite way for an actor to portray that role.
"

It's VERY strange to give a principal ANOTHER principal track to U/S (especially with Candace, Aubin, AND Jennie all covering the role as well.) From what I've heard from friends, she went from 0-100 on emotion to the end, which came off for a VERY angry Burn (similar to every Chicago Eliza). She definitely has the voice for it, though. 

hamiltonstradition
#1027HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/12/17 at 9:13am

Valentina3 said: "^ think Jasmine Cephas Jones could come back to the show as Eliza? Because I'd pay to watch that."

She would have to learn the Eliza track, and it doesn't have any advantage of bringing her back if they have to "teach her the part."

aka, why Emmy Raver-L went from Angelica u/s -> Angelica, Michael Luwoye Hamilton s/b -> Hamilton, Rory King -> King; they were already trained for the role.

Also, Eliza Ohman is confirmed to replace Karla. Amber is confirmed to replace Eliza. Elizabeth hasn't posted any goodbye post's, so I assume she is changing roles.

MyLife
#1028HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/12/17 at 9:50am

hamiltonstradition said: "Valentina3 said: "^ think Jasmine Cephas Jones could come back to the show as Eliza? Because I'd pay to watch that."

She would have to learn the Eliza track, and it doesn't have any advantage of bringing her back if they have to "teach her the part."

aka, why Emmy Raver-L went from Angelica u/s -> Angelica, Michael Luwoye Hamilton s/b -> Hamilton, Rory King -> King; they were already trained for the role.'"

Teaching Jasmine a new role is no different than hiring a new actress altogether to teach a role. Anytime an existing cast member moves into a role, someone has to learn their old track. Luwoye moved to the tour and then Donald Webber Jr. learned Hamilton.

That said, I can't see Jasmine coming back anytime soon.

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#1029HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/12/17 at 10:04am

I wish they would replace James Monroe Iglehart.  I never liked him as the Genie in Aladdin and he was terrible as Lafayette/Jefferson.  His diction is so poor that you don't understand anything he says.  He was my biggest disappointment when I saw it last week.  Ewan Morton was amazing.  I loved him.  I was slightly disappointment in the women too but the Wedding toast was my favorite number.

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#1030HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/12/17 at 10:06am

BuddyStarr said: "I wish they would replace James Monroe Iglehart. I never liked him as the Genie in Aladdin and he was terrible as Lafayette/Jefferson. His diction is so poor that you don't understand anything he says. He was my biggest disappointment when I saw it last week. Ewan Morton was amazing. I loved him. I was slightly disappointment in the women too but the Wedding toast was my favorite number."

OOH!! HOT TAKEZ ALERT!!

secretschuylersister Profile Photo
secretschuylersister
#1031HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/12/17 at 5:13pm

It looks like Joanna still isn't ready for Maria/Peggy yet or she just has something else to do because Lauren Boyd will be going on for her.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1032HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/12/17 at 5:13pm

secretschuylersister said: "It looks like Joanna still isn't ready for Maria/Peggy yet or she just has something else to do because Lauren Boyd will be going on for her."

Joanna has said on her Instagram that her official start date is September 23.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1033HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/12/17 at 5:25pm

secretschuylersister said: "It looks like Joanna still isn't ready for Maria/Peggy yet or she just has something else to do because Lauren Boyd will be going on for her."

She isn't ready?! Oh boy, I guess it's Lin and Thomas Kail's fault!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

secretschuylersister Profile Photo
secretschuylersister
#1034HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/14/17 at 2:08am

BroadwayConcierge said: "secretschuylersister said: "It looks like Joanna still isn't ready for Maria/Peggy yet or she just has something else to do because Lauren Boyd will be going on for her."

Joanna has said on her Instagram that her official start date is September 23.
"

Sorry! I should've checked there first before posting. I thought the site would've posted her on the cast page on or after he official start date.

Updated On: 9/14/17 at 02:08 AM

BroadwayConcierge
#1035HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/14/17 at 2:13am

secretschuylersister said: "Sorry! I should've checked there first before posting. I thought the site would've posted her on the cast page on or after he official star date."

Not at all! I really wish whoever's behind the show's cast change announcements could have just an ounce more uniformity between the website, press releases, and social media posts. It's all very unorganized!

BroadwayConcierge
#1036HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/14/17 at 11:56am

Erin Clemons' Instagram confirms she isn't the next Schuyler sister standby, but ensemble and understudying the sisters.

It's funny that we have to dig into social media to find out who's in this show as opposed to reading a press release like, well, normal. Sigh.

HennySlay
#1037HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/14/17 at 12:04pm

To be fair BroadwayConcierge, they wouldn't make a announcement for an ensemble track. But I do agree that their markerting skills aren't the best. 

Harry11
#1038HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/14/17 at 7:02pm

Would anyone think , Josefina Scaglione would make a good Eliza 

BroadwayConcierge
#1039HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/17/17 at 6:08pm

Syndee Winters is leaving the show today. Anybody know who the next Schuyler sister standby on Broadway is?

hamiltonstradition
#1040HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/17/17 at 6:11pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Syndee Winters is leaving the show today. Anybody know who the next Schuyler sister standby on Broadway is?"

I've heard Elizabeth Judd.

elbwaygirl
#1041HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/18/17 at 12:26am

Investors have been told that Ana Villafañe is Broadway's next Angelica.

BroadwayConcierge
#1042HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/18/17 at 12:34am

elbwaygirl said: "Investors havebeen told that Ana Villafañe is Broadway's next Angelica."

Is this real?!?

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#1043HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/18/17 at 9:15am

Whoa!  Huge, if true.  She'd be fantastic

Sarah Jacobs
#1044HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/18/17 at 1:45pm

elbwaygirl said: "Investors have been told that Ana Villafañe is Broadway's next Angelica."

Please be true, please be true, please be true!

BwayinVan
#1045HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/18/17 at 2:47pm

elbwaygirl said: "Investors havebeen told that Ana Villafañe is Broadway's next Angelica."

Please tell me there is also a new Eliza

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#1046HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/18/17 at 7:38pm

To "Investors have been told that Ana Villafañe is Broadway's next Angelica."  and  "Please tell me there is also a new Eliza", Geeze, I hope so!  I'm going back in March 2018 and would love to see Ana as Angelica and a new Eliza is needed badly.  Both these roles need updating.  

Updated On: 9/18/17 at 07:38 PM

BroadwayConcierge
#1047HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/18/17 at 8:00pm

Since we know Joanna Jones is starting as Peggy/Maria this Saturday, September 23, I hope and pray we'll get a press release announcing three new Schuyler sisters in the coming days (I'd also like new people in some other roles in the Broadway company, too, but I'll take what I can get).

neonlightsxo
#1048HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/18/17 at 8:48pm

I don't think Lexi and Mandy are going anywhere. They only had to replace Alysha because she left for Once on this Island... 

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#1049HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/18/17 at 8:59pm

All signs indicate that Mandy and Lexi are both staying out. Like Neon said, if they've renewed their contracts, I doubt they're going anywhere.