2016 Tony Awards Bingo

HoldMeBatBOy
#12016 Tony Awards Bingo
Posted: 5/11/16 at 3:50pm

Hey guys! I'm trying to make my own Tony Award Bingo cards for the Tony party I'm attending. Anyone have some fun ideas for squares? Need to think of a lot so figured I'd ask here first for suggestions! Thanks!

lucillefrank Profile Photo
lucillefrank
#22016 Tony Awards Bingo
Posted: 5/11/16 at 4:17pm

Someone makes a joke about how hard it is to get tickets to Hamilton. You could probably make a whole board of that and everyone would win.

i've got 99 problems and a revival of parade would solve like 94 of them
Updated On: 5/11/16 at 04:17 PM

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#32016 Tony Awards Bingo
Posted: 5/11/16 at 5:17pm

Would you mind posting the board when you make it? I think it's a great idea and I'd love to play with some friends!

jkstheatrescene Profile Photo
jkstheatrescene
#42016 Tony Awards Bingo
Posted: 5/11/16 at 5:32pm

How about a square for "A winner NOT involved in Hamilton makes a reference to Hamilton"?

"A winner makes a reference to Donald Trump"?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#52016 Tony Awards Bingo
Posted: 5/11/16 at 5:33pm

Spinning the medallion.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#62016 Tony Awards Bingo
Posted: 5/11/16 at 5:36pm

Lin not doing a rap acceptance speech.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Dolly's Levi's Profile Photo
Dolly's Levi's
#72016 Tony Awards Bingo
Posted: 5/11/16 at 5:37pm

Jokes about:

NPH not hosting/not being available etc. 

Harvey Weinstein (isn't that an awards show requisite ?)

Broadway pregnancies (Audra, Annaleigh etc.)

Presidential candidate. More specifically - Donald Trump (bonus or everybody drink if it's a Donald Trump/American Psycho joke)

Other boxes:

Something beats Hamilton (in a category in which it is nominated)

Anyone not associated with Hamilton raps. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#92016 Tony Awards Bingo
Posted: 5/11/16 at 7:54pm

Skip the bingo and take a shot anytime somebody or something relating to Hamilton is mentioned.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#102016 Tony Awards Bingo
Posted: 5/11/16 at 8:04pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Skip the bingo and take a shot anytime somebody or something relating to Hamilton is mentioned."

That sounds really difficult. After a while I would have to start throwing away my shots. 

StarOnStage
#112016 Tony Awards Bingo
Posted: 5/12/16 at 12:17am

Hi HoldMeBatBOy, 

I create one via Drunk Broadway (drunkbroadway.tumblr.com) every year, and I'm working on one now. I'm also totally open to square suggestions! :)

Cheers,

Joey

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#122016 Tony Awards Bingo
Posted: 5/12/16 at 12:24am

BroadwayConcierge said: "Skip the bingo and take a shot anytime somebody or something relating to Hamilton is mentioned.

"

You'd probably die of alcohol poisoning. 

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#132016 Tony Awards Bingo
Posted: 5/12/16 at 11:11am

JBroadway said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "Skip the bingo and take a shot anytime somebody or something relating to Hamilton is mentioned."

That sounds really difficult. After a while I would have to start throwing away my shots.
"

Slow. Clap.

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#142016 Tony Awards Bingo
Posted: 5/12/16 at 11:39am

1. Anytime somebody jokes about Audra being ignored by the nominating committee. 2. A reference is made to audience members' use of cellphones. 3. A joke is made about Jennifer Hudson/her salty tweet.   4. A mention of/promo for Frozen on Broadway. 

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

HoldMeBatBOy
#152016 Tony Awards Bingo
Posted: 5/12/16 at 11:54am

Oooo. Those are some great ideas! And thanks, Joey StarOnStage!

StarOnStage

Videos