pixeltracker

What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?

What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?

Scott Rosson
#1What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/11/16 at 11:06pm

Hi all. What do you think the chances are for a transfer of this show ? I have heard nothing but positive reviews and it seems like it has a decent level of hype and success. If it does would it open in the fall or spring ?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/11/16 at 11:07pm

Good.

Also, *Hansen.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
broadwaysfguy
#5What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/12/16 at 12:51am

Coming to a broadway theatre near you....

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#6What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/12/16 at 1:02am

I'd lower the odds slightly (maybe 85%) but I agree with the consensus. 

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#7What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/12/16 at 1:26am

The question is when and where.

Tking0012
#8What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/12/16 at 3:02am

I have 2 tickets to Friday Night May 13th performance that I am trying to get rid of 

PM me if interested 

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#9What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/12/16 at 7:38am

I hope a cast recording is released soon...prior to a Broadway opening maybe? Loved the show in previews and going again next week! 

Felm_heart Profile Photo
Felm_heart
#10What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/12/16 at 10:16am

It will be setting up shop in either the Schoenfeld or the Broadhurst this fall.

Felm_heart Profile Photo
Felm_heart
#11What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/12/16 at 10:16am

Updated On: 5/12/16 at 10:16 AM

JM226
#12What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/12/16 at 10:27am

Felm_heart said: "It will be setting up shop in either the Schoenfeld or the Broadhurst this fall.

"

that's completely false. 

BroadMagTech
#13What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/12/16 at 11:16am

JM226 said: "Felm_heart said: "It will be setting up shop in either the Schoenfeld or the Broadhurst this fall.

"

that's completely false. 

"Then where will it play?

JM226
#14What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/12/16 at 11:21am

the idea that it's all but confirmed it will be in one of those two houses by this fall is completely false. that is all i know and all i said. i never suggested to know anything more.

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#15What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/12/16 at 11:29am

I haven't show yet, but I'm wondering how well you all think it will translate into a Broadway house. Is it the type of show that could play any house or do you think it will lose the magic in a bigger house?

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#16What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/12/16 at 11:30am

I'm just really hoping it transfers and hoping for the Booth.

LarryD2
#17What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/12/16 at 11:36am

A transfer is happening; however, anyone information about specific dates or theaters is untrue, because nothing specific has been confirmed yet. The only thing that seems in place is that it will be some time next season. That is what I heard from someone directly involved in the process.

JM226
#18What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/12/16 at 11:41am

LarryD2 said: "A transfer is happening; however, anyone information about specific dates or theaters is untrue, because nothing specific has been confirmed yet. The only thing that seems in place is that it will be some time next season. That is what I heard from someone directly involved in the process.

"

that is only partially true, actually.  feel free to PM me if you're confused about which part. 

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#19What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/12/16 at 11:46am

backwoodsbarbie said: "I haven't show yet, but I'm wondering how well you all think it will translate into a Broadway house. Is it the type of show that could play any house or do you think it will lose the magic in a bigger house?"

It's similar to Next to Normal in size (and partially in subject matter) and really should be in a small house. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#20What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/12/16 at 11:48am

JM226 said: "LarryD2 said: "A transfer is happening; however, anyone information about specific dates or theaters is untrue, because nothing specific has been confirmed yet. The only thing that seems in place is that it will be some time next season. That is what I heard from someone directly involved in the process.

A similar source told me that they're looking to open in the spring of 2017.  As the cops would say, the source is a "reliable informant."

"

that is only partially true, actually.  feel free to PM me if you're confused about which part. 

"

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#21What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/13/16 at 6:19am

Is the show appropriate for 12 year olds?  They're drama kids and love theatre, but I don't know about the language or content.  Any insight is appreciated.

rebeccmam31
#22What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/13/16 at 6:49am

DramaTeach said: "Is the show appropriate for 12 year olds?  They're drama kids and love theatre, but I don't know about the language or content.  Any insight is appreciated."

There is a fair bit of foul language as well as a masturbation reference or two. I took two fourteen year olds and definitely winced a few times. They both loved the show, though, and found the themes very relevant. You know your kids and what they can handle. I mentioned the cursing to the young man with us, and he said, "You know I ride the school bus, right?"

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#23What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/13/16 at 6:56am

rebeccmam31 said: "DramaTeach said: "Is the show appropriate for 12 year olds?  They're drama kids and love theatre, but I don't know about the language or content.  Any insight is appreciated."

There is a fair bit of foul language as well as a masturbation reference or two. I took two fourteen year olds and definitely winced a few times. They both loved the show, though, and found the themes very relevant. You know your kids and what they can handle. I mentioned the cursing to the young man with us, and he said, "You know I ride the school bus, right?"

"

Thanks for the feedback.  A few curses we can handle (even School of Rock had some cursing).  Not sure about the masturbation references.  Any other sexually explicit moments?  

rebeccmam31
#24What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/13/16 at 7:06am

DramaTeach said: "rebeccmam31 said: "DramaTeach said: "Is the show appropriate for 12 year olds?  They're drama kids and love theatre, but I don't know about the language or content.  Any insight is appreciated."

"

Thanks for the feedback.  A few curses we can handle (even School of Rock had some cursing).  Not sure about the masturbation references.  Any other sexually explicit moments?
"

Not that I remember. There was a little making out, but nothing explicit. My daughter was seeing it with her boyfriend, so I was likely pretty hyper-aware, too.

edited to add that the cursing in frequent and includes a fair bit of the f-word.

Updated On: 5/13/16 at 07:06 AM

JM226
#25What are the chances Dear Evan Hanson Transfers to Broadway ?
Posted: 5/13/16 at 8:33am

there's no "sexually explicit" moments.  there are a couple of sexually themed jokes regarding masturbation but it goes by so quickly. visually, there's nothing except some kissing.  there are a few curse words, including use of the 'f word' two or three times but it's not gratuitous at all.  your 12 year-olds hear these words every day and if they are true theatre fans, there shouldn't be any issue with this show. they are old enough to find the issues and topics very relevant.