pixeltracker

Possible Jenna Replacements- Page 5

Possible Jenna Replacements

Jjohansan
#100Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 9/29/17 at 4:21pm

broadwayguy91 said: "speaking of Cynthia Weil, would Becky Gulsvig be a good fit for Jenna? (maybe Dawn..?)

and speaking of Legally Blonde, I wonder how Laura Bel Bundy would fare in the role of Jenna. Her most high profile Broadway stints have been Glinda , Elle Woods and Amber in Hairspray - all comedic roles (although Glinda has some serious moments), so it would be interesting where she could take the character.
"

Wow LBB would be phenomenal! 

trpguyy
#101Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 9/30/17 at 8:44am

Call_me_jorge said: "MannPhan24601 said: "wssinsider said: "Don't be surprised if they announce a new Jenna for the tour. Something is brewing."

Did something happen with Desi?
"

There was a rehearsal video where desi seemed to be messing up. I don’t know if that’s the reason why and I wouldn’t think it would be since Desi seems to be a pro. But that’s what I’ve got. I’ll try to post the video, but I don’t know how to on here.
"

Jesus H... rehearsals are for messing up. That's kind of the point. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#102Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 9/30/17 at 10:36am

Siobhan Dillon, maybe?

She just released a heart-rending version of "She Used to Be Mine" on her website...

https://www.siobhandillonofficial.com/blog-1/2017/4/6/siobhan-on-the-haven-charity-and-dealing-with-her-cancer-diagnosis

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#103Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 9/30/17 at 11:01am

I really liked the Siobhan Dillon version.  It conveys the emotion well.  She's not the most exciting performer, but she's solid and consistent. If there is a London production (is there? I can't remember if one has been announced), I would see her as a front runner for Jenna.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#104Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 9/30/17 at 12:19pm

I liked Dillon's version a lot too, it's so beautiful. Hope she feels better. I had never noticed the cardinal rhyming sin of making singular and plural case words rhyme until I heard her enunciate so distinctly - 

That these shoes and this apron
      That place and its patrons

Seth Rudetsky had a minor infraction lol.

I still think Rachel Tucker would be an easy front-runner if this show ever transferred.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#105Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 9/30/17 at 12:20pm

Jenna Leigh Green

sugarbuttersara Profile Photo
sugarbuttersara
#106Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 10/1/17 at 2:23am

wssinsider said: "Don't be surprised if they announce a new Jenna for the tour. Something is brewing."

Would Sara and Jason do the LA engagement together? I'd love to see that.

I also saw your post on the "Next for Ana Villafañe?" thread and you replied saying she might be serving pie next. So naturally, I'm losing my mind cos that would be awesome. Hope we find out the news soon.

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#107Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 10/1/17 at 9:09am

I have the same answer every time this question is asked: Jenna Leigh Green.

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#108Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 10/1/17 at 1:56pm

.... Kelly Clarkson. (sorry, I just want to hear her sing this score)

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

tbaker2
#109Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 10/2/17 at 2:42pm

Jessica Vosk would be a PERFECT Jenna!

Okay, I'm done.

broadwayboy223
#110Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 10/2/17 at 5:12pm

Valentina3 said: ".... Kelly Clarkson. (sorry, I just want to hear her sing this score)"

Honestly I love this. She'd probably feel more comfortable as Becky though. But either way it would be brilliant stunt casting

anthonyg2
#111Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 10/2/17 at 7:05pm

I dunno, I kinda want to see Sutton Foster play the part, but then again she's not really that kind of person. I just want to see Sutton on Broadway again

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#112Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 10/2/17 at 7:25pm

I wonder if this will turn into a Kyle Sieg/Pippin situation. The rehearsal footage of Desi left a lot to be desired in my opinion. Ana seems like a much more interesting choice if rumors end up being true.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#113Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 10/2/17 at 7:35pm

^I disagree. I loved the footage of Desi I saw from the video on Playbill of Opening Up and can't wait to see her in the role,

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 10/2/17 at 07:35 PM

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#114Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 10/2/17 at 7:36pm

I'd like to see Ana's take on the role but i'm confused because like they had their press day and allowed the media to still publish stuff WITH Desi in it. If the rumor is true about their being some drama...this is odd... especially since their first performance is in a few weeks. 

That said, Diane and the Weisslers must love Charity Angel Dawson since they bumped her up on broadway and the tour!! She is a true talent 

broadwayboy223
#115Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 10/2/17 at 7:52pm

I'd see Sutton in anything. Is Sweet Charity still coming in? I saw it off Bway and Sutton was STUNNING. That being said I think her voice would be too musical theatre esque for the score of Waitress. It would be nice to see a completely different voice as Jenna. Maybe Laura Benanti? I know she was involved in a reading or lab at some point. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#116Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 10/2/17 at 7:58pm

ethan231h said: "I'd like to see Ana's take on the role but i'm confused because like they had their press day and allowed the media to still publish stuff WITH Desi in it. If the rumor is true about their being some drama...this is odd... especially since their first performance is in a few weeks.

That said, Diane and the Weisslers must love Charity Angel Dawson since they bumped her up on broadway and the tour!! She is a true talent
"

They had Kyle Selig do press for Pippin. He even got a brief interview on cbs Sunday morning. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Observation
#117Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 10/2/17 at 8:16pm

Oh wait, what are the rumors about drama with the waitress tour? Can someone PM me?