Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS

KathyNYC2
#50Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 8/30/16 at 3:07pm

I saw the segment. No info 

freewilma
#51Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 9/1/16 at 9:28pm

Does anyone know if Danielle Brooks has been out of Color Purple filming OITNB as well?  She's still listed as current cast....but I didn't know how updated the playbill site stays these days??

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#52Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 9/2/16 at 9:14am

What is up with these producers taking their sweet time with casting change announcements. I hope Kimiko isn't gone, but I'd like to know who I'm expected to see if I buy a ticket even 2 weeks in advance.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

neonlightsxo
#53Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 9/2/16 at 9:15am

freewilma, Danielle has been in Purple. Saw her this week.

freewilma
#54Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 9/2/16 at 9:45am

neonlightsxo said: "freewilma, Danielle has been in Purple. Saw her this week.

Thank you!  We have tickets for Saturday night and I was hoping we'd be fortunate enough to see her! 

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#55Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 9/2/16 at 10:11am

Saw Waitress on Wednesday evening and Ms Ushkowitz was great. Not the strongest actress but her singing was phenomenal and she had good chemistry with Fitzgerald

And Brooks was still in Color Purple last night. . 

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

Liza's Headband
#56Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 9/2/16 at 10:56am

freewilma said: "Does anyone know if Danielle Brooks has been out of Color Purple filming OITNB as well?  She's still listed as current cast....but I didn't know how updated the playbill site stays these days??

"

Kimiko is filming something else right now.. not OITNB. 

trpguyy
#57Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 9/2/16 at 1:24pm

Valentina3 said: "What is up with these producers taking their sweet time with casting change announcements. I hope Kimiko isn't gone, but I'd like to know who I'm expected to see if I buy a ticket even 2 weeks in advance."

Well remember that it's the same producers as Chicago, so a bit of musical chairs when it comes to casting should be expected. 

Notreallysilent 2
#58Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 9/2/16 at 1:52pm

The thing is if Jenna stays past September 4th will they announce that? 

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#59Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 9/2/16 at 2:03pm

They just announced a talkback with Jessie and Jenna on September 7th, so based on that it seems she has extended. Also, if she were leaving this weekend, I feel somewhere on social media that would be mentioned and yet nothing. 

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Jessie-Mueller-and-Jenna-Ushkowitz-to-Appear-at-WAITRESS-Talkback-Next-Week-20160902

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 9/2/16 at 02:03 PM

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#60Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 9/10/16 at 7:24pm

Saw the matinee today. Jenna still in. 

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

orlikethecolorpurple
#61Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/5/16 at 1:20am

Do we think Kimiko is out for good?

Thparkaly
#62Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/5/16 at 1:31am

Updated On: 11/8/17 at 01:31 AM

neonlightsxo
#63Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/5/16 at 8:16am

I'm really hoping Kimiko returns, but I have no info.

KathyNYC2
#64Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/5/16 at 6:33pm

I would imagine if the show wanted the general public to have info, it would be out there. 

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#65Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/5/16 at 6:40pm

I have no facts to back this up other than that September 4th (published "final performance"Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS has come and gone, but I think Jenna Ushkowitz is here to stay. She's done media appearances and seems to be quite entrenched in things. 

I saw her Sunday and of course she was different than Kimiko or the cast recording, but I thought she did a lovely job. She had great chemistry with all the actors and while she came across as slightly less neurotic/dorky - perhaps because her voice was not as nasal (not a knock on Kimiko), she was a convincing and solid Dawn.  

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#66Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/5/16 at 7:58pm

I've heard Jenna Ushkowitz is leaving the show later this month to head back to LA but that Kimiko Glenn will not be returning.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 10/5/16 at 07:58 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#67Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/5/16 at 8:00pm

Is jeanna de Waal doing anything? Maybe she'll return.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#68Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/5/16 at 8:24pm

Having seen both Kimiko and Jenna, I must say I prefer Kimiko. Vocally Jenna was cleaner but she brought almost no humor to the role. I really hope Kimiko returns. I'm at least glad she was in the OBC and on the recording so I can relive her performance. Personally, Jenna was too pedesrian for the role and did not bring any quirkiness the way Kimiko did. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#69Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/5/16 at 8:29pm

Or Ashley park 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#70Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/5/16 at 8:38pm

I'm returning to Waitress with family later this fall, and I'm really, really hoping Kimiko returns by then. She was a standout when I first saw the show.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#71Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/5/16 at 9:00pm

I really wonder what happened to Kimiko...

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#72Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/5/16 at 9:04pm

Ashley Park would be amazing, actually. If Kimiko really is gone for good, the way they handled it publicly is so weird. 

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

orlikethecolorpurple
#73Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/5/16 at 9:19pm

Updated On: 10/5/16 at 09:19 PM

orlikethecolorpurple
#74Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS
Posted: 10/5/16 at 9:21pm

I'm seeing Waitress for the first time in November. Jenna is very talented, but I'm really hoping Kimiko returns. She's just so charming.