pixeltracker

COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced- Page 4

COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#75COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/12/16 at 1:05pm

Call_me_jorge said: "What if this is taking the Belasco while DEH moves to the music box?"

I've been told by a friend who is affiliated with the Shubert Org.

Updated On: 9/15/16 at 01:05 PM

neonlightsxo
#76COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/12/16 at 1:09pm

DEH is already selling tickets at the Belasco. How do they deal with that if they are indeed moving?

eta: Never mind. This is on Telecharge.

Dear Evan Hansen Special Information

All performances of Dear Evan Hansen will now be at the Music Box Theatre, not the Belasco Theatre as previously announced. The show will begin performances as scheduled on November 14 at the Music Box.

Until September 18, tickets for Dear Evan Hansen are still on sale for the Belasco Theatre. All purchased tickets will be honored. Telecharge will contact ticket holders by email or phone about exchanging into comparable seats at the Music Box Theatre.
Updated On: 9/12/16 at 01:09 PM

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#77COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/12/16 at 3:24pm

Glad I read this thread. Not many tickets left, but I got one!

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?

Oak2
#78COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/12/16 at 3:37pm

Just bought one of the last tickets remaining to see this in the matinee next Sunday at Ford's, since it's the only day I have free during its run to see it. Looking forward to seeing it based on all the reviews I've seen here! And because I like to make the most of my time when I leave the house, I'll be seeing a second show later that evening, a regional production of Urinetown, which I've never seen. Hopefully the mood whiplash won't be too strong there between the two shows. 

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#79COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/12/16 at 4:40pm

Wow, I was hoping to see this again. I'll have to check the box office tomorrow during my lunch break.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

batchels
#80COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/13/16 at 2:44pm

The Ford's run has been extended for 1 week through 10/16 so that should improve ticket availability although it appears they have increased the price of tickets by about 25%.

asmith0307
#81COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/13/16 at 3:14pm

Darn. I needed them to extend one more week. I guess I'll wait until Broadway. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#82COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/14/16 at 5:16pm

Bought a ticket for October 15th! Can't wait :)

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#83COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/15/16 at 9:18am

Thoughts on the Schoenfeld? Is it perhaps too big for this show?

Updated On: 9/15/16 at 09:18 AM

Willie4316
#84COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/15/16 at 9:19am

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Breaking-News-COME-FROM-AWAY-Lands-Its-Home-on-Broadway-20160915#

Previews start February 18, opening night is March 12 at the Schoenfeld theatre. 

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#85COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/15/16 at 9:26am

Does this mean THE HUMANS is closing at the start of the new year?

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

neonlightsxo
#86COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/15/16 at 9:29am

I think the Schoenfeld is the right size. Haven't seen the show yet, but there's not a smaller option really.

Willie4316
#87COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/15/16 at 9:37am

IdinaBellFoster said: "Does this mean THE HUMANS is closing at the start of the new year?

"

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/185983/911-musical-come-from-away-to-move-into-the-humans-broadway-theater/

Last peformance is January 15th.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#88COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/15/16 at 10:00am

Oh, the Schoenfeld is only barely above 1,000 seats. Not sure why it was much larger in my head. I hope this show can achieve success there!

GoblinKing2
#89COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/15/16 at 10:04am

Although an activity frowned upon by many here-anyone know if the cast is signing/stage dooring at Ford's Theater?  I'm going to DC on a business trip and have tickets the first week in October, and I was wanting to take my If/Then Playbill to get Jenn's signature.   She was on vacation when I saw the show on Broadway and I have most of the other principals, including Idina, and just wanted to round it out. 

Willie4316
#90COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/15/16 at 11:51am

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Tony-Winning-Play-THE-HUMANS-to-Close-This-January-201609151

Closing announcement stating their making room for Come From Away. 

Updated On: 9/15/16 at 11:51 AM

nolanativeny
#91COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/15/16 at 2:06pm

When I read The Humans announced its closing I thought this show would work well at the Schoenfeld, and I'm glad that's where it's headed. I've only seen American Psycho here but I saw it twice from the rear mezz and found it surprisingly intimate. 

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#92COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/15/16 at 3:45pm

Sadly won't get the chance to see this in DC, but hopefully on Broadway at some point. I wanted to ask if anyone might be willing to pick up an extra playbill for me? I would obviously be more than happy to pay for the shipping to get it to me. Thanks!

Fosse76
#93COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/15/16 at 5:19pm

nolanativeny said: "When I read The Humans announced its closing I thought this show would work well at the Schoenfeld, and I'm glad that's where it's headed. I've only seen American Psycho here but I saw it twice from the rear mezz and found it surprisingly intimate. "

Was the closing even announced? It seems like the only reason we know about its official closing is through the announcement of the next show at the theater.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#94COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/15/16 at 7:01pm

From my end, it seems like the "Come From Away" announcement came before the "The Humans" closing notice, but only in a matter of a few minutes. As soon as I finished reading the CFA announcement, and read the (at the time) short thread on the announcement, when the page refreshed "The Humans" had announced their closing.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Wicked Fanatic Profile Photo
Wicked Fanatic
#95COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/15/16 at 8:42pm

Iain got this right!

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#96COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/16/16 at 1:44am

I THINK Iain JUST sold me my 4th 2017 Broadway ticket...

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#97COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/16/16 at 8:37am

gleek4114 said: "Sadly won't get the chance to see this in DC, but hopefully on Broadway at some point. I wanted to ask if anyone might be willing to pick up an extra playbill for me? I would obviously be more than happy to pay for the shipping to get it to me. Thanks!

"

I'm not going till Oct. 8, but I can send you my playbill. I don't save them. I just hope I remember!

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?

massofmen
#98COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/16/16 at 5:30pm

I have a bad feeling this show will get good reviews and close early. It seems like an Atlantic theater company show rather than a 1000 seat. Commercial broadway venture. 

Unless it wins the tony award for best musical (which seems like a long shot against groundhog day/comet/ dear evan hansen/ Amalie (if it comes in) anastasia/ Charlie and the chocolate factory) I feel like it will be a critics darling that fades away to regional theater land fairly quickly. 

persephone88
#99COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
Posted: 9/17/16 at 6:14am

Saw this last night with my family at Ford's and we all truly enjoyed it. Fantastic ensemble piece and the entire cast did a beautiful job seemlessly switching from one role to another. For a show with minimal props and set, they made you believe they were on that airplane, in that town hall, on that bus, etc. See it in the front of the balcony or front mezz because you will want to see the full scope of the stage as actors use the whole space and the staging makes certain scenes. I laughed a lot more than I expected - it is a warm and funny show but with a number of very moving moments throughout. And while it is set in the time frame of 9-11 and how that affected people who were "away" when that happened, it is really a broader story about our shared humanity in the scope of tragedy. Really uplifting - a little show with a lot of heart, and the cast was just great. This is not a blockbuster type show, but you will leave the theatre smiling.

Updated On: 9/17/16 at 06:14 AM