pixeltracker

What's next for the Belasco?- Page 2

What's next for the Belasco?

sgreen3 Profile Photo
sgreen3
#25What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/12/16 at 3:45pm

I decided to go for mezzanine at the Belasco for the 1st preview after hearing how bad the balcony was, and was pretty pissed to have spent the extra $$ (since rear mezz at the Music Box would have been totally fine). Decided it couldn't hurt to try, so I called Telecharge; they had me on hold for awhile to check, but they cancelled the order for me, and then I purchased a balcony seat instead --- since they are inexplicably still selling Belasco seating for DEH. No inside knowledge, but I would guess the balcony, now rear mezz,pricing will go up when the Music Box seating goes on sale.

Liza's Headband
#26What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/12/16 at 3:51pm

neonlightsxo said: "Liza's Headband said: "I believe neon thought you were talking about the venue switch for DEH... "

Indeed I did. Next time use proper names so nobody gets confused! Sorry.
"

You're expecting way too much from BWW posters... 

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#27What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/12/16 at 4:03pm

Count me as another one who is so happy about this change.  I debated whether to spend more on mezzanine seats for my students or go cheaper in the balcony.  Was worried about the view since I heard some negatives about the balcony there, but I'm so happy I chose those cheaper seats as I know every seat at the Music Box has a great view.  What's next for the Belasco?

neonlightsxo
#28What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/12/16 at 4:20pm

Liza's Headband said: "neonlightsxo said: "Liza's Headband said: "I believe neon thought you were talking about the venue switch for DEH... "

"

"

Yeah, let that be my downfall.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#29What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/12/16 at 4:46pm

The reason that they are not suspending ticket sales is simple: Assuming that sales are going reasonably well, and I suspect that they are, you'd never, never, NEVER take any action voluntary to change the momentum (like turning off the tap.) That's basic marketing. You never know if the person who is trying to buy tickets will call back or go  online) "next week."  Never for a second doubt the importance of money in hand. While it's true that it might involve additional cost and effort, stopping sales would be far more costly.

Having said all that, this is great news for the show, as the Music Box is so much better in terms of location than the Belasco.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

Oak2
#30What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/12/16 at 5:17pm

neon: Indeed I did. Next time use proper names so nobody gets confused! Sorry."

Liza's Headband: You're expecting way too much from BWW posters...

I was going to let bygones be bygones since you did apologize, but since the two of you are still being snarky and somehow acting like this is my fault, I shall explain that I DID use proper names in that post. The ONLY proper names within that post were the Belasco and Come From Away, and I said nothing of DEH and the Music Box. Therefore, if you decided to treat the post as if it was talking about DEH despite no mention being made of it, that is YOUR idiocy in making a false assumption and not being able to read properly, and to then backtrack and try to act as if it was my fault in being unclear when my language was perfectly clear is simply evil. 

But maybe I'm the one who's expecting way too much from the two of you by expecting you to not be stupid or evil...

Oak2
#31What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/12/16 at 5:17pm

neon: Indeed I did. Next time use proper names so nobody gets confused! Sorry."

Liza's Headband: You're expecting way too much from BWW posters...

I was going to let bygones be bygones since you did apologize, but since the two of you are still being snarky and somehow acting like this is my fault, I shall explain that I DID use proper names in that post. The ONLY proper names within that post were the Belasco and Come From Away, and I said nothing of DEH and the Music Box. Therefore, if you decided to treat the post as if it was talking about DEH despite no mention being made of it, that is YOUR idiocy in making a false assumption and not being able to read properly, and to then backtrack and try to act as if it was my fault in being unclear when my language was perfectly clear is simply evil. 

But maybe I'm the one who's expecting way too much from the two of you by expecting you to not be stupid or evil...

Keiichi2 Profile Photo
Keiichi2
#32What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/12/16 at 6:01pm

I'm just happy the dates have not changed.  This is my most anticipated show for the upcoming trip, and am seeing it on the evening of the 16th, only a couple days after Previews start.  If they had pushed back the start date, I would have been really disappointed.

Tried calling Telecharge about my seat, but they don't know much information.  So, guess I will wait for the e-mail.

carnzee
#33What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/12/16 at 6:51pm

neonlightsxo said: "Liza's Headband said: "neonlightsxo said: "Liza's Headband said: "I believe neon thought you were talking about the venue switch for DEH... "

"

"

Yeah, let that be my downfall.

Oak2's post referenced COME FROM AWAY and made no mention of any other show. So naturally, neon assumed Oak2 was talking about DEH. I guess it would be "expecting way too much" for neon to read before posting.

romain2
#34What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/12/16 at 7:29pm

The Music Box is a good theatre so that's good news.

However, I'm not amused by this Dear Evan Hansen drama.  First, a while back I bought a ticket for a performance (Sunday evening, December 18th) that got cancelled.  So I had to scramble and get tickets exchanged for Saturday the 17th.  (I'm traveling in from out of town, thankfully I had a free slot left.)

And now they're changing theatres.  Egads, so I'll be receiving an email about re-ordering again.  And hopefully I'll get "comparable seats" because I liked the seats I chose.

I know, first world problem, but I hope there are no more changes.

Updated On: 9/12/16 at 07:29 PM

neonlightsxo
#35What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/13/16 at 8:30am

carnzee- your last three posts are literally just targeting me and correcting me. Why are you so obsessed with me? Do you have anything to contribute? Because I'd call that targeted harassment.

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#36What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/13/16 at 8:57am

They aren't asking you to re-order tickets, so can't see how any of this is a drama. They are if possible giving you the same seat in a different theatre. 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Liza's Headband
#37What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/13/16 at 10:12am

romain2 said: "The Music Box is a good theatre so that's good news.

However, I'm not amused by this Dear Evan Hansen drama.  First, a while back I bought a ticket for a performance (Sunday evening, December 18th) that got cancelled.  So I had to scramble and get tickets exchanged for Saturday the 17th.  (I'm traveling in from out of town, thankfully I had a free slot left.)

And now they're changing theatres.  Egads, so I'll be receiving an email about re-ordering again.  And hopefully I'll get "comparable seats" because I liked the seats I chose.

I know, first world problem, but I hope there are no more changes.
"

I didn't realize a venue change and performance cancellation translate to "drama." It's live entertainment... these logistical issues are natural. First-world problem indeed!

Keiichi2 Profile Photo
Keiichi2
#38What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/13/16 at 1:45pm

I still haven't received any e-mail from Telecharge about the situation.  Has anyone else?

Fosse76
#39What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/13/16 at 2:31pm

They just announced it. I assume the reason they are continuing to sell tickets for this show at the Belasco is to prevent duplicate seats. Therefore, I suspect that sometime after the 18th is when all tickets will have been converted and people will start receiving emails.

romain2
#40What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/13/16 at 11:05pm

Liza's Headband wrote:  I didn't realize a venue change and performance cancellation translate to "drama." It's live entertainment... these logistical issues are natural. First-world problem indeed!

Well, as I said, I don't live near NYC.   I'm making a special trip (flying out) to see Evan Hansen and Natasha and Pierre... that weekend.  I'm sure for people living near or in NYC that such a change isn't a big deal.  My time in NYC is limited and I'm so yes, being told that a performance that I bought tickets for was cancelled (and for the show I really wanted to see) was a pain.  If you were traveling somewhere special to see a show and you had received word the performance was cancelled, you would have just shrugged and said "oh well, that's live theatre?"   The next time, because of my work schedule, I would have been able to make it back to NYC to see Dear Evan Hansen would have been May, and it might close by then.  But luckily it worked out.

Receiving word that the show was changing theatres--yes, it caused my eyes to roll.  I have been going to theatre for several decades and I have not encountered the two things happening with the same show.  Throw in the weirdness with ordering tickets for Natasha and Pierre..., this theatre trip just feels a bit more bumpy than usual.   

But I am relieved to hear that the seats I bought for DEH will be comparable, pretty much the same.  At least it's still going to happen.  Hopefully.  : )

Updated On: 9/13/16 at 11:05 PM

Liza's Headband
#41What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/14/16 at 10:21am

The next time, because of my work schedule, I would have been able to make it back to NYC to see Dear Evan Hansen would have been May, and it might close by then.  But luckily it worked out.

If it makes you feel any better, and to dispel any potential worry on this board, it will absolutely still be open in May. The producers have very deep pockets (more so than others) and their advance is significant. Enjoy your trip. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#42What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/14/16 at 10:46am

Liza's Headband said: "The next time, because of my work schedule, I would have been able to make it back to NYC to see Dear Evan Hansen would have been May, and it might close by then.  But luckily it worked out.

If it makes you feel any better, and to dispel any potential worry on this board, it will absolutely still be open in May. The producers have very deep pockets (more so than others) and their advance is significant. Enjoy your trip. 

"

More so than Warner brothers?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Liza's Headband
#43What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/14/16 at 11:02am

Don't be obtuse, jorge. I never implied the producers could ever have deeper pockets than international media conglomerates, such as Warner Brothers, and you know it. I was referring to individual producing teams and consortiums of partnering investors. 

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#44What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/14/16 at 1:27pm

romain2 said:
My time in NYC is limited and I'm so yes, being told that a performance that I bought tickets for was cancelled (and for the show I really wanted to see) was a pain.  If you were traveling somewhere special to see a show and you had received word the performance was cancelled, you would have just shrugged and said "oh well, that's live theatre?"  

Receiving word that the show was changing theatres--yes, it caused my eyes to roll.  I have been going to theatre for several decades and I have not encountered the two things happening with the same show.  Throw in the weirdness with ordering tickets for Natasha and Pierre..., this theatre trip just feels a bit more bumpy than usual.   

Romain2 .... I agree with you completely.  I had tickets for a different DEH Sunday night show that was cancelled and my schedule did not allow me to switch to a different date.  I would feel the same way you do about the theater switch if I had gotten tickets for another date and now found out the seats may or may not be the ones I selected.  And I still don't know if my original Great Comet purchase was ever refunded.

neonlightsxo
#45What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/15/16 at 9:46am

So since it's NOT Come From Away...

JVJ93
#46What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/15/16 at 9:52am

M.Butterfly 

romain2
#47What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/15/16 at 12:30pm

JPeterman wrote:  Romain2 .... I agree with you completely.  I had tickets for a different DEH Sunday night show that was cancelled and my schedule did not allow me to switch to a different date.  I would feel the same way you do about the theater switch if I had gotten tickets for another date and now found out the seats may or may not be the ones I selected.  And I still don't know if my original Great Comet purchase was ever refunded.

I know, it's frustrating isn't it?  Especially when it's for a show you really want to see (and a particular production you want to see).  I understand that things happen though.  Great Comet was the strangest ticket experience I have ever had.  I hope things work out for you!  They both sound like great shows.  Peace!

romain2
#48What's next for the Belasco?
Posted: 9/15/16 at 12:32pm

liza's headband wrote:  If it makes you feel any better, and to dispel any potential worry on this board, it will absolutely still be open in May. The producers have very deep pockets (more so than others) and their advance is significant. Enjoy your trip.

Thanks!  That's good to know.  Oh and I will enjoy my trip.  I always enjoy my Broadway excursions.  Have a good one.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588