BroadwayConcierge
#1Explosion Reported in Chelsea, 23rd between 6th and 7th
Posted: 9/17/16 at 9:54pm

Is everybody okay?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#2Explosion Reported in Chelsea, 23rd between 6th and 7th
Posted: 9/17/16 at 10:06pm

Scary. I hope it was just a freak accident and not something purposely done. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3Explosion Reported in Chelsea, 23rd between 6th and 7th
Posted: 9/17/16 at 10:06pm

I was a few blocks away. It was LOUD. But people were still eating, shopping, etc. from what I could tell (I had to walk past the area anyway). Some folks who had been working out in that gym over Best Buy were watching from the windows but people seemed pretty calm. I wandered around a bit but no one was freaking out. A lot were taking photos but staying out of the way of FDNY/etc. About 10 minutes later I circled around again and nearly everyone I saw (on break from Eataly, eating in that little park in the Flatiron) was trying to look up info on their phones.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#4Explosion Reported in Chelsea, 23rd between 6th and 7th
Posted: 9/17/16 at 10:15pm

Stuck downtown because none of the west side trains were going uptown. But of course none is us knew that, so every train had a "last stop" at Chambers St. No MTA officials or anything. After waiting an hour, went above ground, and a single MTA worker was telling people individually what to do. So... An announcement would have been nice. Information. Something. 

DeRubaJ
#5Explosion Reported in Chelsea, 23rd between 6th and 7th
Posted: 9/17/16 at 10:54pm

But fortunate that no one got seriously injured . I am hoping this was an accident and not a lone rider. Either if was accident or planned not good

IlanaKeller
#6Explosion Reported in Chelsea, 23rd between 6th and 7th
Posted: 9/17/16 at 10:59pm

Comes on the tail of a bomb in a trash can in Seaside Park, NJ today ahead of race to benefit the Marine Corps. Obviously hoping they are not connected, and wishing the best for everyone. Anti-terror units are looking into both explosions.

http://www.app.com/story/news/local/emergencies/2016/09/17/device-explodes-seaside-park-evacuated/90576408/

Twitter: @IlanaKeller Latest work: app.com/topic/asbury-park-broadway/

LizzieCurry
#7Explosion Reported in Chelsea, 23rd between 6th and 7th
Posted: 9/17/16 at 11:00pm

http://gothamist.com/2016/09/17/chelsea_explosion.php

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#8Explosion Reported in Chelsea, 23rd between 6th and 7th
Posted: 9/17/16 at 11:17pm

Now it is reported a 2 nd device may have been found in Chelsea. Looks like it is starting for real here. 

Poster Emeritus

LizzieCurry
#9Explosion Reported in Chelsea, 23rd between 6th and 7th
Posted: 9/17/16 at 11:21pm

Who reported it? Thanks for the link!

https://twitter.com/NYPDSpecialops/status/777342597283078144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#10Explosion Reported in Chelsea, 23rd between 6th and 7th
Posted: 9/17/16 at 11:28pm

Hope everyone here is ok and that all the people who were hurt are ok. 

I don't for a second believe that they don't have a video of who did this already. 

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#11Explosion Reported in Chelsea, 23rd between 6th and 7th
Posted: 9/18/16 at 12:08am

Video of the explosion on here, not graphic as its not very clear

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=7ce_1474168564

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#12Explosion Reported in Chelsea, 23rd between 6th and 7th
Posted: 9/18/16 at 12:14am

I heard 29 injured, one critically.  They are saying purposely set

I'm midtown and learned about it on fb.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 9/18/16 at 12:14 AM

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#13Explosion Reported in Chelsea, 23rd between 6th and 7th
Posted: 9/18/16 at 12:33am

I'm praying that those affected aren't seriously hurt. My boyfriend works in that area. 23rd between 5th and 6th and my heart stopped when I heard about this. He called to assure me he was ok...thank God. 

He is wondering if it was a test for a bigger attack...I hope not

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#14Explosion Reported in Chelsea, 23rd between 6th and 7th
Posted: 9/18/16 at 1:18am

He is wondering if it was a test for a bigger attack...I hope not

It all I can believe it is, with the explosion in Central Park over the summer that injured a tourist and now this.  It's just a matter of time. 

I'm glad your boyfriend is safe.  I can only imagine how your heart sank.

Updated On: 9/18/16 at 01:18 AM

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#15Explosion Reported in Chelsea, 23rd between 6th and 7th
Posted: 9/18/16 at 12:26pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "He is wondering if it was a test for a bigger attack...I hope not

It all I can believe it is, with the explosion in Central Park over the summer that injured a tourist and now this.  It's just a matter of time. 

I'm glad your boyfriend is safe.  I can only imagine how your heart sank.

Thanks MyFavoriteBrunette. I lost people who were very near and dear to me on 9/11 - and not only in the physical sense. 9/11 left my cousin Sarah scarred for life. She had a severe nervous breakdown that she really never fully recovered from.

"

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#16Explosion Reported in Chelsea, 23rd between 6th and 7th
Posted: 9/18/16 at 1:19pm

All 29 injured have now been released from the hospital.

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#17Explosion Reported in Chelsea, 23rd between 6th and 7th
Posted: 9/19/16 at 12:39am

CarlosAlberto said: I lost people who were very near and dear to me on 9/11 - and not only in the physical sense. 9/11 left my cousin Sarah scarred for life. She had a severe nervous breakdown that she really never fully recovered from.

Bendito, I will think of you & your cousin in my nightly prayers.  While going to college, my best friend worked in the shops below the towers and was thankfully off that day. However, it was tough for her to learn clients she knew well and waited on often to help select gifts for friends and loved ones didn't make it out.  It was a really tough time for her to cope with with happened and the change in her life, hard to watch, I always tried to help.  I can understand what you and your cousin have had to endure emotionally.  

Videos