10. Run and Tell That - Ephraim Sykes
  11. Big, Blonde and Beautiful - Martin Short
  12. (You're) Timeless to Me - Martin Short
  13. Good Morning Baltimore (Reprise) - Maddie Baillio
  14. Without Love - Maddie Baillio
  15. I Know Where I've Been - Jennifer Hudson
  16. (It's) Hairspray - Derek Hough
  17. Cooties - Dove Cameron
  18. You Can't Stop the Beat - Original Television Cast of Hairspray LIVE!
  19. Come So Far (Got So Far to Go) - Jennifer Hudson

AKarp2013 Profile Photo
AKarp2013
#2HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Soundtrack track listing
Posted: 10/29/16 at 12:37pm

Bizarre credit listing for some of the tracks. Odd to see Martin Short listed for Big, Blonde and Beautiful. Most likely a typo.

But no "Big Doll House"??? I had thought every song from the musical was going to be in there, sans Madison of course.

Updated On: 10/29/16 at 12:37 PM

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#3HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Soundtrack track listing
Posted: 10/29/16 at 12:38pm

I hope it's just Martin Short that sings Big, Blonde and Beautiful. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#4HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Soundtrack track listing
Posted: 10/29/16 at 1:08pm

Hahaha. This is from amazon. It's a real shame if this means Big Dollhouse got cut; it's one of my favorites and was already cut for the 2007 movie  

Updated On: 10/29/16 at 01:08 PM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#5HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Soundtrack track listing
Posted: 10/29/16 at 1:48pm

I would have rather seen "Big Doll House" included over "Ladies' Choice." Blech. Not surprising that they'd find some ways to mess it up though. All they had to do was trust the material and they've proven over and over that they don't trust the material with any of these live television  musicals.

seaweedjstubbs Profile Photo
seaweedjstubbs
#6HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Soundtrack track listing
Posted: 10/29/16 at 1:53pm

Interesting that "Good Morning Baltimore (Reprise)" is listed after "Timeless To Me." Wonder how that'll work structurally. Will also be sad if Big Dollhouse gets cut yet again. Such a fun number. So happy we'll have a recording of "Velma's Revenge," though!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#7HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Soundtrack track listing
Posted: 10/29/16 at 2:22pm

I think it's safe to assume that "Big Doll House" will be a bonus track on an exclusive somewhere: iTunes or Target, etc.  They stated all the songs from the Broadway musical adaptation were being used so if one number wasn't being used they'd have said "most numbers will be included."  

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#8HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Soundtrack track listing
Posted: 10/29/16 at 2:48pm

Harvey said on Theatre Talk that the only song cut from this new version would be "The Madison". It was replaced by "Ladies Choice".

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#9HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Soundtrack track listing
Posted: 10/29/16 at 2:56pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "I think it's safe to assume that "Big Doll House" will be a bonus track on an exclusive somewhere: iTunes or Target, etc.  They stated all the songs from the Broadway musical adaptation were being used so if one number wasn't being used they'd have said "most numbers will be included."  "

I think Brody has it right here. They might want to keep us guessing for a while, and throw that in as a surprise. You never know.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Liza's Headband
#10HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Soundtrack track listing
Posted: 10/29/16 at 3:30pm

Valentina3 said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "I think it's safe to assume that "Big Doll House" will be a bonus track on an exclusive somewhere: iTunes or Target, etc.  They stated all the songs from the Broadway musical adaptation were being used so if one number wasn't being used they'd have said "most numbers will be included."  "

I think Brody has it right here. They might want to keep us guessing for a while, and throw that in as a surprise. You never know.

"

It's not really a surprise if the writers of the piece have already stated all songs from the Broadway production (except for "The Madison"HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Soundtrack track listing will be included.... 

The Josh Profile Photo
The Josh
#11HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Soundtrack track listing
Posted: 10/29/16 at 3:55pm

So Corny is singing Ladies Choice instead of Link? 

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#12HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Soundtrack track listing
Posted: 10/29/16 at 4:27pm

Just a thought - maybe Martin Short really is singing 'Big Blonde and Beautiful' to (or about) Edna? After all, Jennifer Hudson is certainly not big.

Updated On: 10/29/16 at 04:27 PM

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#13HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Soundtrack track listing
Posted: 10/29/16 at 4:44pm

That would mean Edna is blonde, which could make sense if she decides to do her hair like Tracy's at the end? It's not a bad theory at all.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

maxkko Profile Photo
maxkko
#14HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Soundtrack track listing
Posted: 10/29/16 at 5:00pm

If they have Wilbur sing it to Edna, then how would they work the whole second half of the song when they protest and are arrested by the police. 

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#15HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Soundtrack track listing
Posted: 10/29/16 at 5:07pm

The listing probably just only lists one of the many singers for the songs. Like when your iTunes labels "The Wizard & I" as being sung only by Carole Shelley. 

As for "Big Dollhouse" its omission from the album, especially if it IS indeed in the show, is just annoying and dumb.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

AKarp2013 Profile Photo
AKarp2013
#16HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Soundtrack track listing
Posted: 10/29/16 at 5:09pm

It also wouldn't make sense, unless they've rewritten the lyrics. And besides what would be the point when Wilbur already has a song showcasing his love and devotion to Edna?

And with Hudson as Motormouth it also wouldn't make sense that they would take one of her two songs away from her and give it to Short, leaving Hudson's only solo being "I Know Where I've Been."

Which is why I believe it's just a mistake on the listing.

Mr. Nowack also makes a good point, considering Sean Hayes is listed as the singer for "Welcome to the 60's" and Maddie Baillio is listed for "It Takes Two".

Updated On: 10/29/16 at 05:09 PM

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#17HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Soundtrack track listing
Posted: 10/29/16 at 5:37pm

Actually, I think It Takes Two is rewritten as a solo for Tracy after Link's tragic and gory second act death that they added in. From a trusty source. Maddie Baillio just might win an Emmy yet!

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."