pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen Previews- Page 3

Dear Evan Hansen Previews

neonlightsxo
#50Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 1:27pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Very excited for this to begin. Wish it was still at the Belasco, though. "

Wait, why do you wish that? The move to the Music Box was certainly a move for the better.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#51Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 1:58pm

Wait, why do you wish that? The move to the Music Box was certainly a move for the better.

Agreed it's a better business choice, I'm just not a fan of the Music Box. I much prefer the atmosphere of the Belasco and feel like it fits the show better 

Keiichi2 Profile Photo
Keiichi2
#52Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 9:10pm

First performance is well underway, and I'm really excited.  Hoping for some Intermission reports.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#53Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 10:47pm

Just walked out of the theater. Loved it. Saw it twice at second stage. Not many changes since. 

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#54Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 10:57pm

is the song list the same? According to twitter, it looked to be a really fun night, bummed i couldn't be there tonight, can Saturday night come any sooner!?!?!?

Updated On: 11/14/16 at 10:57 PM

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#55Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 11:21pm

ethan231h said: "is the song list the same? According to twitter, it looked to be a really fun night, bummed i couldn't be there tonight, can Saturday night come any sooner!?!?!?"

I agree!!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#56Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 11:29pm

Same songs all around. Switched up some lyrics and maybe the order of one or two. The only song that needs work is the intro to Does Anybody Have a Map?

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#57Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 11:30pm

steven22 said: "Same songs all around. Switched up some lyrics and maybe the order of one or two. The only song that needs work is the intro to Does Anybody Have a Map?

"

Do you happen to remember that order change?

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#58Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 11:38pm

So, no changes to the all-too pat ending, huh?

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#59Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 11:51pm

They added in the ending that Evan found the list of Connor's 10 favorite books in his 8th grade collage, and he was reading them to get to know Connor as a real person.

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#60Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 11:56pm

Just got home! Wow, what an amazing night. This is my first experience with DEH, and I have to say, it went above and beyond what I was expecting. By the second act there was just sniffling all around me (some were my own, naturally). 

I expected to cry, but what I didn't expect were the gaspy sobs that came out of me during "You Will Be Found" & "So Big/So Small". I feel like I'm gonna need a few days to digest this. 

I'm already looking forward to seeing it again. Also, in terms of the theatre, I thought the Music Box was incredibly intimate and just perfect for this show. I sat in the center mezzanine, row J, and still felt pretty close. Next time I'm gonna splurge on orchestra though. 

Merch report: I got the baseball tee, and they also have a regular t-shirt, and I believe I saw a sweatshirt. They have a mug & magnets as well. 

talinatter Profile Photo
talinatter
#61Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/14/16 at 11:59pm

Im not gonna go much into it now bc sleep/school but major changes
- more harmonies and they're so good and tight and add so much vocal layer
- More projections! Stage is bigger so they have the ability to create even more social media and screens and the set is so very cool
- Lyric change in opening 
- Requiem has these insane harmonies and key change 
- You will be found has this new projection thing that sent shivers and moved me unlike anything ever and I mean that
- It says in the playbill there was a YOU will be found reprise but there wasn't?
- Michael park is SO GOOD! Character is way more relatable 
- The ending is a bit different; same idea but more details 
- They add more about Zoe and Evans relationship in context to the fact that it is Connor's sister and best friend and how that causes suspicion and stuff 
That's all off the top of my head! Feel free to ask any other questions! The show was remarkable of course, and the cast and crew all came out and they have first preview free hats (after I bought one at the table ugh...) but other than that, the show was just incredible and I have nothing else to say

slumdogdelaware
#62Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 12:04am

Thank you for mentioning the fact there was no "You Will be Found" reprise. I was waiting for it!!

Dancingthrulife2
#63Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 12:08am

talinatter said: "Im not gonna go much into it now bc sleep/school but major changes
- more harmonies and they're so good and tight and add so much vocal layer
- More projections! Stage is bigger so they have the ability to create even more social media and screens and the set is so very cool
- Lyric change in opening 
- Requiem has these insane harmonies and key change 
- You will be found has this new projection thing that sent shivers and moved me unlike anything ever and I mean that
- It says in the playbill there was a YOU will be found reprise but there wasn't?
- Michael park is SO GOOD! Character is way more relatable 
- The ending is a bit different; same idea but more details 
- They add more about Zoe and Evans relationship in context to the fact that it is Connor's sister and best friend and how that causes suspicion and stuff 
That's all off the top of my head! Feel free to ask any other questions! The show was remarkable of course, and the cast and crew all came out and they have first preview free hats (after I bought one at the table ugh...) but other than that, the show was just incredible and I have nothing else to say

"

The reprise of You Will Be Found is in the much longer version of the exploding comments after the release of "Connor's suicide note." The "reprise" is the chorus (Jared, Alana and probably one more person) repeating the line "you are not alone."

nightnic001 Profile Photo
nightnic001
#64Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 12:10am

Could you list the understudies/standbys?

slumdogdelaware
#65Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 12:23am

Here's an album of pics of the playbill: http://imgur.com/a/aQiJ7 including cast, song list, etc.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#66Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 12:25am

Did anyone happen to sit in the front rows, specifically of the left orchestra? How was the view?

Dancingthrulife2
#67Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 12:36am

The stage is super high, actually way higher than your head. However, there's a ramp so I guess that helps. I sat in the fourth row dead center and it felt pretty much like the second row at Second Stage. I'm going back again on Thursday and will report back more.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#68Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 12:43am

nightnic001 said: "Could you list the understudies/standbys?"

Michael Lee Brown, Garrett Long, Olivia Puckett, Colton Ryan, and Asa Somers

http://thestagereview.net/2016/11/14/pasek-pauls-dear-evan-hansen-opens-tonight-broadway/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

HSky
#69Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 1:00am

I was front row center orchestra. The stage is high (around head level), so if you don't like craning your neck, I'd recommend maybe 4 or 5 rows back. A couple in right orchestra front row were reseated in the second row and liked it much better. I've seen the show several times so I knew what to expect (in terms of not missing anything) and enjoy seeing the emotions up close,  so I didn't mind. If it is your first time and you want the stage picture,  they wouldn't be the best choice. 

The cast board is: http://imgur.com/ckzXezV, I missed listing Colton Ryan in an earlier post. 

From what I recall, merch had windowcards, tote bags, black hats, rubber wristbands, blue sharpies, a henley type long sleeve shirt, one or two short sleeve shirts, a zip up hoodie, scarf, 4 pack of buttons, mugs, water bottles, and magnets (same design as 2ST but with Music Box printed at the bottom). 

A few quick additions were ambient notification sounds playing on a loop prior to the show followed by projections and sounds indicating the no cell phone/no photography warning just before it started, which is much appreciated for the larger Broadway house since the start is a bit abrupt. The projection work continues to be refined, too. I noticed the prominent background text during "Sincerely, Me" no longer was the song title,  but instead the portion about friendship. The fan video during "You Will Be Found" has a slightly different presentation now. I did still see my clip, which made me smile. 

The design is more or less what was at 2ST with the rear projections suggesting more of the setting,  but the milk crate has been replaced by a small chest of drawers and it slides onstage rather than rising. 

I'll have to post more later since my phone battery is running low.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#70Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 2:05am

Apparently there was a special first preview hat? We're these for sale or given away? If anyone has an extra, pm me! 

HSky
#71Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 2:53am

They were handing out the light blue hats commemorating the first preview as you exited the theater. They have the show name on front, a #Fansen pin on one side, First Preview · Broadway on the back, and 11-14-16 on the other side. Unfortunately, I don't have a spare or I'd offer it.

Updated On: 11/15/16 at 02:53 AM

bdboston
#72Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 4:35am

HSky-- what letter row were you in? I can't tell what the first row is at the Music Box for this show. We have tix in rows B and C, center. Thanks!

kreichelt
#73Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 8:05am

Dancingthrulife2 said: "The stage is super high, actually way higher than your head. However, there's a ramp so I guess that helps. I sat in the fourth row dead center and it felt pretty much like the second row at Second Stage. I'm going back again on Thursday and will report back more."

These are exactly the seats I have.  Were they too close...?

HSky
#74Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 8:24am

I wasn't sure if there would be AA for rush or lottery when I bought my ticket, but it doesn't exist for DEH and Row A is indeed the first row, which is where I was. Since the band is on an elevated platform stage right, there is no orchestra pit and Row A is right up against the stage.

If you've seen the show before, even from the front row, it's still a much closer experience because Arena had a wide pathway in front, and 2ST has the aisle and stadium seating. The Music Box just has a comfortable amount of legroom and then the stage is right there. For those who want some distance for perspective looking at the whole stage, you'd probably be best looking at seats at least 5 or so rows back. 

Updated On: 11/15/16 at 08:24 AM