pixeltracker

Mike Pence Gets "Boo'd" at HAMILTON Tonight- Page 3

Mike Pence Gets "Boo'd" at HAMILTON Tonight

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#50Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 12:11am

So happy about this speech, so professional, so honest and so true. I really hope tonight had a impact on Pence, prob not tho. I really hope he realizes that he just witness not only a gay, HIV positive in a total role in a huge musical but also a Latino, and a cast of many other different ethnicities. It was nice to see the wings on stage too. but i have a question, Why the hell did Pence see Hamilton?!?!

justoldbill Profile Photo
justoldbill
#51Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 12:14am

He probably went to the show absolutely clueless, like those Trump family members in Florida posing smiling and clueless with those ladies in the "Latinas Contra Trump" shirts. I'm originally from Indiana, and the people there were actively trying to end his term as governor, although THIS isn't quite what they had in mind. ( Maybe now the roads in Indiana will get fixed. )  Bravo to the cast of HAMILTON- if theatre does not respond conscientiously and responsibly to society, it's not theatre in the true sense, but just another ratty tourist trap.

Well-well-well-what-do-you-think-of-that-I-have-nothing-here-to-pay-my-train-fare-with-only-large-bills-fives-and-sevens....

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#52Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 12:16am

@z5 said: "He's going to be the next VP of the USA...try to show a little bit of respect at least. I would have been honored and privileged to have been at the show with him tonight. 

"

No. He should be honored to be in front of the people. Not the other way around. That's the case for all politicians. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#53Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 12:18am

broadwayguy91 said: "Thanks for the tip. If I ever have the chance I'll be sure to shove Mike Pence into the path of incoming traffic, hopefully it'll be a heavy vehicle that 'breaks his bones'

God knows that asshole deserves that and worse
"

What the hell is wrong with you?

Broadway Forever2
#54Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 12:19am

Like honestly. Half of America is very concerned about the Trump administration. Trump is appointing white nationalists like Steve Bannon as key positions for goodness sake,n I appreciate Hamilton used it's voice to speak out. The crowd may have done too much perhaps but I don't blame them. And The cast did nothing wrong. 

Updated On: 11/19/16 at 12:19 AM

Mediamaven2
#55Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 12:19am

@z5 said: "He's going to be the next VP of the USA...try to show a little bit of respect at least. I would have been honored and privileged to have been at the show with him tonight. 

"I agree it might have been polite to hold the boos. I mean, you don't have to cheer or applaud. Silence would have been effective.  But, hey, free speech. It's a beautiful thing. If he can't take it he's in the wrong line of work.

I think the speech by BVD was very polite and respectful; but it sounds like Pence left the theater way before it was finished.

Mediamaven2
#56Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 12:24am

ethan231h said: "..........................Why the hell did Pence see Hamilton?!?!

Seems really appropriate that like any VIP in NYC he'd see Hamilton. Haven't they all (except Trump). 

I know what you are getting at, but it doesn't need to be that deep (his motivation).

And hey, maybe the art will have some power to reach in a way other things haven't....

"

Jiaroony
#57Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 12:25am

Yes but just say you were pro abortion. Someone came up to you were watching for sake of argument during 'JCS' and said you evil because you believed in it. And they saw only a facebook post.

I believe that being LGBT is a legal right and should be that way. Updated On: 11/19/16 at 12:25 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#58Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 12:30am

Ok...

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#59Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 12:31am

Mediamaven2 said: "ethan231h said: "..........................Why the hell did Pence see Hamilton?!?!

Seems really appropriate that like any VIP in NYC he'd see Hamilton. Haven't they all (except Trump). 

I know what you are getting at, but it doesn't need to be that deep (his motivation).

And hey, maybe the art will have some power to reach in a way other things haven't....
"
"

On a technical side, I'm wondering about this -- was it a relatively last-minute move to make him look like a nice guy who supports the arts? Or did he buy these tickets months ago and was hoping he'd have not much to do this fall so he may as well see a show?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#60Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 12:45am

LizzieCurry said: "
On a technical side, I'm wondering about this -- was it a relatively last-minute move to make him look like a nice guy who supports the arts? Or did he buy these tickets months ago and was hoping he'd have not much to do this fall so he may as well see a show?

"

The Hollywood Reporter quotes Seller as saying they received the request from Pence's people that afternoon. I laughed at the "rather than rejecting the request..." - is that THR shade, or Seller's?

"The production received Pence's request to attend the night's performance earlier that afternoon, producer Jeffrey Seller told The Hollywood Reporter after the show. Rather than rejecting his request, the show — which has participated in multiple Democratic fundraisers throughout the presidential election season and held weekly voter registration drives outside the theater — opted for the unique curtain call."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hamilton-broadway-cast-addresses-mike-pence-audience-work-behalf-all-us-949075

trpguyy
#61Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 12:51am

They routinely hold seats in the event of last minute VIP ticket requests. Like him or (definitely) not, Pence is a VIP and I for one think the Hamilton folks did the honorable thing by securing him a seat and giving a powerful and respectful curtain call speech. 

Broadway Forever2
#62Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 12:53am

lol so it was publicity stunt on Pence's part. He should have expected the response. They were right in going what they did.   

After Eight
#63Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 12:58am

As if it weren't already obnoxious/repugnant/appalling enough that our screedicals lecture/harangue/indict their poor captive audiences in the course of a performance. Now they extend their lectures to post-performance speechifying. The arrogance, self-importance, effrontery---not to mention the staggering lack of propriety --- are not only beyond the pale, but beyond the stratosphere.

Next up, pre-performance guilt-trips. Oh wait, the oh-so-superior, chichi one-percenters who can afford to pay $500 for the critics' darling of the ages have just provided one! 

justoldbill
#64Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 1:06am

Speaking of Indiana (see above), I think it would be just nifty if Mike Pence and Dan Quayle took a house on Lake Wawasee together. They could take turns learning how to spell "potato".

Well-well-well-what-do-you-think-of-that-I-have-nothing-here-to-pay-my-train-fare-with-only-large-bills-fives-and-sevens....
Updated On: 11/19/16 at 01:06 AM

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#65Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 1:13am

Don't forget this wart on humanity incited rabid lynch mobs against Hillary. This is the very least he deserves. Mike Pence can go fvck himself. 

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

justoldbill
#66Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 1:18am

Well, Indiana was always Klan Kountry.  You'll see more Confederate flag bumper stickers there than ever seen in Dixie.

After Eight
#67Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 1:22am

"it sounds like Pence left the theater way before it was finished."

He should have left before it had even begun.

Actually, he never should have gone to see the show in the first place. He would not only have spared himself the boos and lecture, he would not have had to suffer through the whole ponderous, pretentious farrago on stage.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#68Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 1:24am

The show has nothing to do with it. He only went to see it out of ego, he now sees himself as a statesman in the same league as the characters onstage. The man is scum.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

belrowley
#69Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 1:25am

BroadwayConcierge said: "If any Republican politician showed up at Hamilton, y'all would be up in arms regardless."

Considering that both GWB and Paul Ryan were in the Hamilton doc, I don't think so.

If you don't see the difference between an ideological disagreement and standing up against a man who sparked a health crisis in his state and tried to divert HIV/AIDS funds for gay conversion therapy, I don't know how to help you.

bigbelterbaby
#70Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 1:26am

I think it's highly hypocritical considering Alexander Hamilton invented the Electoral College that got Trump the presidency....while liberals keep complaining about the popular vote. I also think it's entirely unprofessional to address an audience member, a man who will be Vice President for the next 4 years. I think it's great he went to see Hamilton, although I'm sure he will never see a Broadway show again if this is the reaction. It's also disrespectful to anyone who voted for Trump/Pence in the audience. They are alienating their ticket holder and making them feel not wanted just because of their beliefs differ from what I guess is an entirely liberal cast and crew. 

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#71Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 1:27am

LizzieCurry said: "Mediamaven2 said: "ethan231h said: "..........................Why the hell did Pence see Hamilton?!?!

"
"

"

I think his wife wanted to go and needed him for the connection. 

Broadway Forever2
#72Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 1:39am

bigbelterbaby said: "I think it's highly hypocritical considering Alexander Hamilton invented the Electoral College that got Trump the presidency....while liberals keep complaining about the popular vote. I also think it's entirely unprofessional to address an audience member, a man who will be Vice President for the next 4 years. I think it's great he went to see Hamilton, although I'm sure he will never see a Broadway show again if this is the reaction. It's also disrespectful to anyone who voted for Trump/Pence in the audience. They are alienating their ticket holder and making them feel not wanted just because of their beliefs differ from what I guess is an entirely liberal cast and crew. 

"

Free speech, they didn't say anything disrespectful just told him to look out for ALL Americans. If that message offends people thank i don't know what to say to them. The crowd is the one that booed not the cast. Not the casts fault the audience booed. 

If you follow Lin on twitter you see young people tweeting him scared of the election results. No way they were going to host Mike Pence, give him VIP tickets and not say anything.

Considering he asked them for tickets like 8 hours before the show began and they willingly gave them to him, when they didn't have to, he should be grateful. 

Updated On: 11/19/16 at 01:39 AM

Broadway Forever2
#73Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 1:41am

Also He DID stay for the whole show. Some people thought he left at intermission but he returned in the middle of What'dd I miss after the lights were dimmed. He apparently tried to leave before the curtain call was finished though judging by the facebook video. 

aaaaaa15
#74Mike Pence Gets
Posted: 11/19/16 at 1:45am

Hamilton 'invented' the electoral college to keep people like Trump who are unqualified for the job out. Hamilton did not believe that those who aren't thoroughly educated on politics should have much of a say. The idea was that if the people elected an idiot then the states could rule against it. That was an effective method 200 years ago when the country and states worked very differently.