pixeltracker

Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves- Page 4

Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#75Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves
Posted: 9/12/18 at 8:25pm

The only people I’ve ever met who have argued for Bobby being a closeted character are gay men. I presume this is partly due to the fact that Bobby is more often than not played by a very attractive actor many would like to live out a gay fantasy with.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Alessio2
#76Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves
Posted: 9/12/18 at 9:03pm

I am so excited for this.  I am seeing the second performance which is my last night in London on my trip which begins next week!

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#77Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves
Posted: 9/12/18 at 11:45pm

I feel like a transfer could be very possible if this is well recieved, especially with these names attached.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#78Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves
Posted: 9/13/18 at 1:19pm

I’m sure it’ll depend on reviews, but I wonder if they'd bring Rosalie Craig over or go with someone like Laura Benanti.

geoffreyC
#79Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves
Posted: 9/13/18 at 1:37pm

At the time, everyone thought the Titanic was a good idea.  

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#80Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves
Posted: 9/18/18 at 1:51pm

Wow! Here’s a first listen to the title number.
I can’t explain how relieved I am that even with a new orchestrator they kept the original 1970 Tunick sound/style!! So exciting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn3T4sPHCAd/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=14m7qg0xzs8bi

Updated On: 9/18/18 at 01:51 PM

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#81Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves
Posted: 9/18/18 at 4:00pm

ljay889 said: "I’m sure it’ll depend on reviews, but I wonder if they'd bring Rosalie Craig over or go with someone like Laura Benanti."

Give me Sutton Foster or don't bother.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#82Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves
Posted: 9/18/18 at 6:53pm

i am over the moon that i get to see this production the first Saturday night when it starts in the West End...i love all the changes Sondheim has given his blessing to,  and as someone who saw the original production on Broadway the Summer of 1970, this is like a full circle for me with Sondheim shows...

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#83Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves
Posted: 9/19/18 at 4:34pm

At the time, everyone thought the Titanic was a good idea. 

At the time, everyone thought the personal computer was a good idea, too.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#84Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves
Posted: 9/20/18 at 6:36pm

This has a lot of buzz, so if it's received well I could definitely see a transfer. Get a Broadway name for Bobbie(Laura Benanti?, Sutton Foster? Cynthia Erivo?).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#85Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves
Posted: 9/20/18 at 7:30pm

ACL2006 said: "This has a lot of buzz, so if it's received well I could definitely see a transfer. Get a Broadway name for Bobbie(Laura Benanti?, Sutton Foster? Cynthia Erivo?)."

There was talk about this in a different thread. Most people Craig would most likely come with the production. I would love to see Sutton or   Rebecca Naomi Jones

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#86Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves
Posted: 9/20/18 at 9:03pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "ACL2006 said: "This has a lot of buzz, so if it's received well I could definitely see a transfer. Get a Broadway name for Bobbie(Laura Benanti?, Sutton Foster? Cynthia Erivo?)."

There was talk about this in a different thread. Most people Craig would most likely come with the production. I would love to see Sutton orRebecca Naomi Jones
"

Jujamcyn is one of the producers so I take it Jordan will check it out and if worthy transfer it in the spring possibly to the Walter Kerr? It has Lupone and Rosalie Craig most likely will come over with it as well!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#87Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves
Posted: 9/20/18 at 9:09pm

broadwaybabywannabe2 said: "i am over the moon that i get to see this production the first Saturday night when it starts in the West End...i love all the changes Sondheim has given his blessing to, and as someone who saw the original production on Broadway the Summer of 1970, this is like a full circle for me with Sondheim shows..."

BWAYBaby Pls report back your thoughts

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#88Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves
Posted: 9/21/18 at 8:38am

Robbie2 said: "broadwaybabywannabe2 said: "i am over the moon that i get to see this production the first Saturday night when it starts in the West End...i love all the changes Sondheim has given his blessing to, and as someone who saw the original production on Broadway the Summer of 1970, this is like a full circle for me with Sondheim shows..."

BWAYBaby Pls report back your thoughts
"

I most certainly will...in one week i will be there...HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBI!

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
Owen22
#90Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves
Posted: 9/23/18 at 2:10pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "ACL2006 said: "This has a lot of buzz, so if it's received well I could definitely see a transfer. Get a Broadway name for Bobbie(Laura Benanti?, Sutton Foster? Cynthia Erivo?)."

There was talk about this in a different thread. Most people Craig would most likely come with the production. I would love to see Sutton orRebecca Naomi Jones
"

Not so fast. I saw Craig, years ago as Giulietta in Aspects of Love at the Menier in London (oddly enough Michael Arden was playing, and miscast as, Alex). She was easily the best thing in the show. Yes. She made Giulietta the best thing in Aspects.  I've seen her on and off since, but her "It Needs Work" in City of Angels at the Donmar was a masterclass in musical theatre song interpretation.  You will be very happy she was not replaced by an American.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#91Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves
Posted: 10/17/18 at 6:53pm

Yes, I'm bumping my own thread, but wanted to know about the press reviews.

JBC3
#92Tony/Olivier-winner to direct gender-swapped COMPANY; Sondheim approves
Posted: 10/17/18 at 7:14pm

per TheatreBoard and danieljohnson14, a poster there—

5* - LondonTheatre.com, Whatsonstage.com, The Stage, Time Out, BroadwayWorld.com, Evening Standard, iNews, The Review Hub, Telegraph.

4* - The Guardian, Financial Times

Positive - Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, The Arts Desk