pixeltracker

Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017 - Page 2

Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017

neonlightsxo
#25Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:33pm

Oh, I forgot the Weisslers were the producers on this.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#26Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:36pm

Jessie is not the sole selling point of the show, as evidenced by the fact that the gross was still more than respectable during her vacation week in September. 

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

KathyNYC2
#27Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:37pm

neonlightsxo said: "10086sunset said: "I don't see this lasting long without her..."

I never had the impression that Jessie was a selling point. It seemed to sell fine without her, didn't it?

"

Yes I agree. I personally think that Sara B is the selling point. When Jessie is not there for whatever reason (however rarely), people are not swarming to the box office to get their money back. When they were at the Thanksgiving parade, Sara and the "cast of Waitress" were announced ..period. Outside of the theater community, it's less important.

Don't get me wrong - Jessie rightly has many fans and she is amazing..but I don't think it' s the kind of show where you need one particular person to star. I mean look at Beautiful (where she won the Tony)..she left and it's still going strong..without a name lead either.

MannPhan24601
#28Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:42pm

maxkko said: "MannPhan24601 said: "Meghan Linsey from "The Voice" wrote on Instagram not too long ago she was at Waitress for "research " and I saw on a music blog recently that she "auditioned for a Broadway show "... She'd make a great Jenna

This is true. I know she has been talking since September with Waitress. She was also about to be Mama Morton in Chicago a while ago, but that fell through. 

I hope she replaces Jessie.I know she's had some acting experience and is the perfect age for the role. Shame her deal with Chicago fell through ..

"

"

10086sunset
#29Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:42pm

neonlightsxo said: "10086sunset said: "I don't see this lasting long without her..."

I never had the impression that Jessie was a selling point. It seemed to sell fine without her, didn't it?
"

Not the selling point?

She's the only one pictured on the marquee...she's the only one on the playbill...The television ads feature her...

DebraR
#30Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:44pm

Does Jessie Mueller have specific days off?  Im taking my daughter for her birthday the first week in March and she would love to see her in the show.  If she is off on a certain day/performance, id like to avoid getting tickets on that day.

Thanks!

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#31Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:46pm

10086sunset said: "neonlightsxo said: "10086sunset said: "I don't see this lasting long without her..."

"

Not the selling point?

She's the only one pictured on the marquee...she's the only one on the playbill...The television ads feature her...

"

That's because she's the star of the show. Being the star and being the "selling point" are two different things.

As has been pointed out, the show does better than fine when she's out. I see no reason why it wouldn't continue to run for a while longer without her.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

neonlightsxo
#32Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:47pm

Debra Ritter, she doesn't have any vacations coming up as far as I know, and she has a great attendance record (she plays all 8 shows unless she's sick). Enjoy!

DebraR
10086sunset
#34Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 2:18pm

AC126748 said: "That's because she's the star of the show. Being the star and being the "selling point" are two different things.

As has been pointed out, the show does better than fine when she's out. I see no reason why it wouldn't continue to run for a while longer without her.
"

Happy to agree to disagree AC126748....

How long can you picture it running without her? You said a while longer and simply curious how long you think that would be...

neonlightsxo
#35Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 2:23pm

Why do you end all your sentences in ellipses?

KathyNYC2
#36Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 2:35pm

10086sunset said: "AC126748 said: "That's because she's the star of the show. Being the star and being the "selling point" are two different things.

"

Happy to agree to disagree AC126748....

How long can you picture it running without her? You said a while longer and simply curious how long you think that would be...

"

How long could you have pictured Beautiful without her...Tony award and all???? Beautiful has been running longer without her than it did with her.

I think the show will last as long as it lasts... regardless of who's the star. I don't think that Jessie being there or not would make a huge difference. I am assuming that most of Jessie Mueller's true and dedicated fans will have seen her by the time she leaves and people who come to see the show will see whoever is there.

I also think that her understudy Stephanie Torns is exceptional in the role but I am not sure how often understudies get hired, especially those that swing for other lead parts. She does a damn good job with Dawn as well as Jenna..and that's not so easy to find.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#37Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 2:42pm

AC126748 said: "Jessie is not the sole selling point of the show, as evidenced by the fact that the gross was still more than respectable during her vacation week in September. 

"

I agree with this. She was out when I saw it and there wasn't a huge crowd running to the box office for refunds or to switch dates. I'm sure a more general audience would know Sara Bareilles over Jessie Mueller. 

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

10086sunset
#38Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 2:52pm

neonlightsxo said: "Why do you end all your sentences in ellipses?"

Why do all your posts tend to lean towards the negative?

neonlightsxo
#39Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 2:57pm

I just asked a question.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#40Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 3:01pm

If Jessie Mueller was the show's main selling point, the grosses would have significantly dropped when she took her vacation. But they didn't. 

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#41Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 5:52pm

Jessie is absolutely amazing in this show (probably in general, but I only saw Beautiful after she left) and I'm sad I won't get to see this again before she leaves. But that being said, nobody outside of the theater community will have any idea who she is. I would image this show sells very well with tourists, both from the US and international. They go to see it because they wanna see the Sara B show or possibly because they know the movie. So no, I don't think Jessie is much of a selling point, at least not to a large percentage of the audience. And if they find a great replacement whose just as beloved in the theater community, those people would be happy too.

I just watched the Bright Star concert and love the idea of Carmen Cusack going into Waitress. That would make me very happy for when I'll go back to see it again in June.

I do think it's time for them to put some sort of rush/lottery policy in place, even if only on weekdays where they don't consistently sell out anymore...

Kinky Boy Profile Photo
Kinky Boy
#42Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 7:22pm

what's next for jessie?

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#43Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 7:27pm

I never saw Stephanie Torns as Jenna, but it would be a damned shame if she wasn't Dawn full time at some point. She was hysterical. I'd love to see Carmen Cusack take on Jenna. I also think Jessica Keenan Wynn (currently playing Cynthia Weil) would do well in the role. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

broadwayindie
#44Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 8:34pm

Just to throw another wrench into the "Jessie Mueller was the selling point of the show" argument. If she was she would have been billed ABOVE the title... and she's not.

I would love to see a fresh face play this role. Like "Jessie Mueller" someone from Chicago or Seattle and have them be INCREDIBLE

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#45Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 9:55pm

so I guess Mueller won't ever stay with a show longer than a year? Such a shame.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#46Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/13/16 at 11:08pm

If Jessie has another project lined up, she should absolutely continue working on various shows. Staying in a show for a year isn't outstanding, but getting continuous work is.

Also, would assume one obvious replacement idea hasn't been mentioned?

Updated On: 12/13/16 at 11:08 PM

yellibean2
#47Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/14/16 at 12:30am

VotePeron said: Also, would assume one obvious replacement idea hasn't been mentioned?

I assume you're talking about Sara Bareilles? Not sure if it's still viable given she probably wants to go back to making more albums, but hey, it would certainly get those seats filled.

broadwayguy91
#48Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/14/16 at 12:49am

I don't think Sara will step in until the very end of the run . Even then. She will probably share the role with the understudy , she's not trained to do 8 shows a week.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#49Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017
Posted: 12/14/16 at 6:06am

ACL2006 said: "so I guess Mueller won't ever stay with a show longer than a year? Such a shame."

She stayed with Beautiful from November 2013-March 2015 (not counting the out-of-town tryout).