pixeltracker

SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE in Performances (The 2017 Revival)- Page 12

SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE in Performances (The 2017 Revival)

Whateverjsays
#275Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/2/17 at 11:18pm

I tried getting a ticket to see this again before it's over, nothing left except the $425 seats -.-  I'm truly hoping they record the album. It's probably my favorite show and I can't get Annaleigh's performance out of my head! Fingers crossed they announce an album soon 

alexidarling15
#276Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/3/17 at 11:51am

Thanks for the report on Row F belcony - that's also where I'm sitting. Can't wait! 

Willie4316
#278Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/6/17 at 3:52pm

Managed to grab a last minute ticket to this last night. 

All I can say is that this is a spectacular production of Sunday. My seat was G8 in the right balcony, which was a perfect view and everything takes place center stage. The design, in particular the chromolume, was visually stunning.

Jake was brilliant. His acting alone justified the ticket price, and his singing, while not as strong as I would have thought, was more than serviceable, but I can imagine a 2-show day would explain that.

Annaleigh, whom I did not consider a dramatic actress, was breathtaking. Her and Jake's "Move On" will be stuck in my head for a good few weeks if not longer. 

The ensemble did an excellent job, especially with playing multiple characters. Jenni Barber and Ashley Park, whom I've seen both of in Wicked and The King and I, provided many laughs and helped to carry the chorus with their voices, particularly in "Sunday." 

Overall, an amazing production of a Sondheim classic and I do hope that either a video recording or cast recording will be made. 

jo
#279Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/7/17 at 4:12am

https://twitter.com/RealHughJackman/status/849821289397309440

Hugh and Jake co-starred in the movie directed by Denis Villeneuve called PRISONERS.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#280Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/7/17 at 11:49am

Can I just say this article is rude? Giving me (us?) hope when there's none to be found

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Rialto-Chatter-SUNDAY-IN-THE-PARK-WITH-GEORGE-Producers-Hope-to-Extend-Shows-Run-20170407

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#281Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/7/17 at 11:51am

^ Seriously, though! What was the point of that?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#282Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/7/17 at 12:07pm

That stings! I really hope they can get this filmed/streamed or at least recorded.

Willie4316
#283Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/7/17 at 12:12pm

Perhaps a possible 2 week extension, depending on how complex the set is for 1984? If not, I really do hope for at least a cast recording. 

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#284Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/7/17 at 12:13pm

I wonder if there's a possibility that it'll get filmed closing night?

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#285Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/7/17 at 12:13pm

Could it (would it?) potentially be moved? 

Willie4316
#286Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/7/17 at 12:30pm

GreasedLightning said: "Could it (would it?) potentially be moved? "

Financially I think it is a possibility but unless anything closes rather quickly, there won't be any houses available. I don't think if they were to move that they want to move into a bigger house. 

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#287Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/7/17 at 12:32pm

They probably could extend at least through the 30th? That still gives 18 days for 1984 to load in and tech.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#288Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/7/17 at 12:50pm

IdinaBellFoster said: "They probably could extend at least through the 30th? That still gives 18 days for 1984 to load in and tech."

Oh, PLEASE do this! We're going up April 27-30 and I really wanted my husband to see this.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#289Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/7/17 at 12:57pm

If they were to extend, wouldn't they have to replace Gyllenhaal?  I'm pretty sure that his schedule wouldn't really allow for them to extend very much.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#290Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/7/17 at 1:04pm

icecreambenjamin said: "If they were to extend, wouldn't they have to replace Gyllenhaal?  I'm pretty sure that his schedule wouldn't really allow for them to extend very much."

I highly doubt there would even be talk of an extension without Gyllenhaal.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards
Updated On: 4/7/17 at 01:04 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#291Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/7/17 at 1:35pm

It sucks they couldn't have extended without jake. Jeremy Jordan would have been brilliant as George 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#292Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/7/17 at 1:45pm

Is anyone here Jake's personal assistant? Because I don't know his schedule. Annaleigh Ashford's doing a show in Colorado on 30th April (Sunday), 7:30PM. So she'll be out on 30th, assuming this extends and she isn't replaced.

Edit : also, please no to Jeremy Jordan as George. I love his voice (and that pretty face) but the guy has very little of the gravitas and subtility needed by a character like George.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 4/7/17 at 01:45 PM

PepperedShepherd Profile Photo
PepperedShepherd
#293Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/7/17 at 4:40pm

Willie4316 said: "Perhaps a possible 2 week extension, depending on how complex the set is for 1984?"

Unless they are seriously revamping 1984 for Broadway, I don't think the set is particularly complex, although there is quite a bit of technology involved.  There are video screens, special effects, and a few other surprises [no spoilers], but, otherwise, most of it is contained in one basic room.  

Sunday in the Park with George performances

jo
#294Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/7/17 at 10:08pm

Jake Gyllenhaal has a very busy film career so his schedule may not permit any extension.  His film commitments could also have been the reason for the short run of the production.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0350453/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Willie4316
#295Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/7/17 at 11:49pm

I don't normally like to rush a closing show out of a theatre, but perhaps a transfer to the Booth now that Significant Other is closing?

Tsao5
#296Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/8/17 at 12:02am

Lovely show!! Just wonderful. Every aspect, especially the leads.  For Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids last night, after the curtain call, a very charming and funny leading lady, let the audience know that the sketches that Jake G. was stenciling in the various scenes (the dogs for instance) of last night's show could be purchased in the lobby with his signature for $200.  She joked he was a big movie star and we could then go sell them on Ebay for a million dollars.  Jake then chimed in and said there was one very special drawing he did during the show that one could purchase for $1000. Anybody want to guess what it was?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#297Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/8/17 at 2:57am

Dot!!!!

BTW, they changed the prices! I saw SITPWG on Thursday evening and they were selling the sketches with Jake's signature for $750 each; except the Dot one which was priced at $1000.

orlikethecolorpurple
#298Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/8/17 at 5:14am

How much have signed posters been going for lately?

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#299Sunday in the Park with George performances
Posted: 4/8/17 at 2:55pm

Last night posters were $200.