pixeltracker

"Hello, Dolly" 2017 Cast Recording- Page 2

"Hello, Dolly" 2017 Cast Recording

Dollypop
#25Must Enter a Subject
Posted: 2/27/17 at 12:06pm

Some of Herman's zingers in the MAME score are taken from the stage directions in AUNTIE MAME.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#26Must Enter a Subject
Posted: 2/27/17 at 1:23pm

^^^ Dolly, that makes sense, considering the wit of the author of the book and play. But I figure any adapter gets credit for having the sense to keep the right bits. (And as Alan Jay Lerner complained bitterly in his memoirs, he didn't just type Shaw's PYGMALION into the book of MY FAIR LADY. It took a lot of work to make it seem he had done so.)

billyelliotfan123
#27Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 3/17/17 at 3:17pm

Does anyone know what is the plan for this? Rumors were circulating that it would be available for the first preview.

divarobbie2 Profile Photo
divarobbie2
#28Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 3/17/17 at 3:51pm

billyelliotfan123 said: "Does anyone know what is the plan for this? Rumors were circulating that it would be available for the first preview."

That was only a rumor.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#29Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 3/17/17 at 4:44pm

The recording was available on Amazon on Feb 24th and I clicked "pre-order"..  The purchase page is now gone but it still appears in my open orders as "arriving Apr 21st".  But still that's no guarantee since the original purchase page is now gone.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#30Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 3/17/17 at 4:55pm

billyelliotfan123 said: "Does anyone know what is the plan for this? Rumors were circulating that it would be available for the first preview."

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that rumor is untrue

Alessio2
#31Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/6/17 at 9:19pm

any update on a release date for this?

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#32Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/6/17 at 9:38pm

It's coming out digitally on Friday!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#33Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/6/17 at 11:00pm

The CD has been available at the theatre since last Wednesday. The merch folks said the CD would hit the street in  two weeks. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#34Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/6/17 at 11:11pm

Masterworks Broadway proudly announces the release of The New Broadway Cast Recording of Hello, Dolly! starring three-time Grammy Award-winning legend Bette Midler as Dolly Gallagher Levi. Produced by multiple-Grammy Award® winner Steven Epstein, with a cast of 37 and 28 musicians, the album will be released May 12, 2017 and is available for preorder now.

http://masterworksbroadway.com/music/hello-dolly-new-broadway-cast-recording-2017/

Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#35Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/7/17 at 12:15am

I pre-ordered my copy, but if anyone were able to slide me a PM with a digital download, I would be eternally grateful.

Updated On: 5/7/17 at 12:15 AM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#36Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/7/17 at 12:23am

Robbie2 said: "Masterworks Broadway proudly announces the release of The New Broadway Cast Recording of Hello, Dolly! starring three-time Grammy Award-winning legend Bette Midler as Dolly Gallagher Levi. Produced by multiple-Grammy Award® winner Steven Epstein, with a cast of 37 and 28 musicians, the album will be released May 12, 2017 and is available for preorder now.

http://masterworksbroadway.com/music/hello-dolly-new-broadway-cast-recording-2017/

"

It looks like they expanded the orchestra for the recording. 

bk
#37Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/7/17 at 2:04am

Pardon me for asking the obvious, since no one else apparently wants to ask it - why would someone post here that they'd "heard" that I Put My Hand In was being replaced with Just Leave Everything to Me for the, what, ALBUM?  I'm talkin' to you, Neal B.  Why would you post such a thing, even if you heard some rumor - and where exactly did you hear the rumor?  It was never going to be in this production, it has never BEEN i the production and I don't think it takes much brain power from there to figure out that it ain't gonna be on the album.  

There are times when I just scratch the old noggin' and wonder what drugs people are taking, how much alcohol they've imbibed, or, more likely, what planet they reside on other than Earth.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#38Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/7/17 at 2:16am

^Calm down, honey, nothing to get heated about.  It must have just been a mistake.

Dollypop
#39Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/7/17 at 11:35am

I have to come to Neal's defense here: there had been suggestions (or maybe wishes) that "I Put My Hand In" would be replaced with the movie song. Nothing official was said about it.

Someone also expressed his hopes that Donna Murphy would have a few bonus tracks on the CD but that didn't' happen, either.Now let's all calm down and dance at Ermengarde's wedding....

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#40Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/7/17 at 1:31pm

Did anyone else notice that the finale track is listed on iTunes as 1:43 minutes in length. What's that about? They didn't record the full finale?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#41Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/7/17 at 1:42pm

I feel like sometimes the commercial labels unnecessarily hack the scores, i.e: The King and I 2015 cast album. Independent labels like PS classics, Ghostlight, and Broadway Records are much more inclusive in what they decide to record. 

I hope this Dolly album has the small "I Put My Hand In" reprise and the "Parade" reprise that brings down the curtain. 

amaklo
#42Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/7/17 at 2:20pm

FYI, the Sirius XM Broadway channel has started playing the new recording.  I just heard 'Before the Parade Passes By.'

Another Winter Profile Photo
Another Winter
#43Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/7/17 at 2:27pm

If they're already selling the CD at the theatre and playing the songs on Sirius XM why can't they release it digitally already!

smidge
#44Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/7/17 at 3:33pm

I'm here at the theatre and they are not selling the CD, just the preorder.

BeukyBaby
#45Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/7/17 at 5:03pm

Amazon has a Friday release date for the CD. I hope that's right; I'm looking forward to picking up a copy on Friday!

Updated On: 5/7/17 at 05:03 PM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#46Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/7/17 at 5:05pm

I just heard the title track on XM.  NICE!  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#47Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/7/17 at 6:07pm

SIRIUS XM playing now ELEGANCE

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Alessio2
#48Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/7/17 at 7:38pm

How does Bette Midler pronounce parade in the recording?  When I saw the show a few weeks ago she had her own unique take on pronouncing that word and I've been wondering how it will be recorded.  Anyone else notice this?

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#49Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording
Posted: 5/7/17 at 7:55pm

Can't wait to hear the new album on Friday. I'm expecting it to be better than the OBC album with Channing...but I'm wondering if it could top Pearl Bailey's 1967 recording.

Oh, I saw Carol Channing as Dolly in 1994...it was a performance for the ages! It was probably even better during the original run. I just think the OBC recording is too to the letter. Bailey's 1967 recording sounds like they were all havin' a ball!!