pixeltracker

Stephen King's It trailer - Page 2

Stephen King's It trailer

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#25Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/6/17 at 3:00pm

Official reviews for this are looking pretty solid! I'm thrilled to hear the heart of the novel - the comradery of the Losers' Club - has translated so strongly to this adaptation and that the big scare set pieces are as fun and scary as I hoped they'd be. 

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#26Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/8/17 at 10:16am

Really enjoyed it, had some wonderful scares. I forgot how much of a great coming of age story this was.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

ColorTheHours048
#27Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/8/17 at 10:47am

I also really, really enjoyed it. Planning on going back multiple times. It was so much fun. I mean, as fun as a movie about child murders can be.

What I loved most was how, yes, the Pennywise set pieces are all elaborately designed and staged to great effect (though I wish there was a bit less CGI), but the real horror comes from the everyday lives of these kids. The things that are real and don't just surface every 27 years. It gives the movie some real pathos to make up for the change in King's plotting and some less-than-stellar pacing problems. The acting - especially the kids - is uniformly excellent. Bill Skarsgard is indeed nightmarish, though he spends most of the movie as a vehicle for some crazy CGI.

I'm curious to see what happens with Chapter Two, as there are a lot of things from Chapter One that will alter the story as written in the novel. This was an excellent adaptation of a Stephen King novel that just will never work on screen as written. But as page-to-screen adaptations go, this really gets to the core of what makes the novel tick.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#28Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/8/17 at 11:43am

ACL2006:: "Also, currently the only King book to adapt well to the movies was The Green Mile."

Jay Lerner Z:  That's just not true. Misery, Dolores Claiborne, Carrie, Christine...not a fan? I know The Shining is different from the book, but it's still a great movie. I actually think there are more successful adaptations than unsuccessful. I even liked Secret Window, though, so take that for what it's worth...
"

True, Jay Lerner Z, yet you somehow left out The Shawshank Redemption, The Dead Zone and Stand by Me.  Three great movies.

Few if any writers have had as many successful adaptations to film.  

Updated On: 9/8/17 at 11:43 AM

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#29Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/8/17 at 1:56pm

I only left them off because Mister Matt had already listed them! Well, two of the three anyway. :)

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$
Updated On: 9/8/17 at 01:56 PM

henrikegerman
#30Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/8/17 at 3:17pm

^cool, missed that

hork Profile Photo
hork
#31Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/8/17 at 4:24pm

I think there have been a lot more hits than misses when it comes to Stephen King adaptations. I enjoyed most of the ones already mentioned, and I think Cujo and Apt Pupil are both underrated.

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#32Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/8/17 at 4:39pm

I have seen the movie yesterday and loved it!

Especially the great scenes between the kids, the friendship, the struggles, it was refreshing to see such good acting and writing in a horrormovie. I really felt for these kids.

Some choices for Pennywise were a bit odd to me, his look didn't strike me as scary enough and the way he used his voice seemed odd to me at times. But not in a scary way, just weird/funny.

Updated On: 9/8/17 at 04:39 PM

FrankieSay Profile Photo
FrankieSay
#33Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/8/17 at 4:53pm

Was there a good percentage of kids of color in the movie?

Oh, segne deine Herzen

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#34Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/8/17 at 5:23pm

I would like to add 1408 as a pretty good adaptation of a Stephen Kings short story.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#35Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/8/17 at 5:54pm

FrankieSay said: "Was there a good percentage of kids of color in the movie?"

You should ask others on this board who's focus when rating a movie lies only on that. You can especially find them in the Aladdin thread.

Updated On: 9/8/17 at 05:54 PM

ColorTheHours048
#36Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/8/17 at 8:01pm

There is only one child actor who is Black, which is a major plot point in the book but just feels sort of awkward in the movie since Mike (the character) is severely underwritten here in service of a larger narrative.

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#37Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/9/17 at 3:31am

FrankieSay said: "Was there a good percentage of kids of color in the movie?"

Why I really don't want to feed the troll, why in f*ck does that even matter

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#38Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/9/17 at 8:41pm

Just got back from watching "It" which is a really, really good Stephen King movie adaptation. The direction, writing, the cast, and everything else were all near top notch and the scary moments are great, even if you do see a pattern with them. 4/5

AEA AGMA SM
#39Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/9/17 at 11:29pm

I saw it tonight and really enjoyed it. It's a very strong adaptation of a book that could be very unwieldy if they had stayed fully true to it, and the changes work very well for the most part. 

I actually want to go see it again so I can focus on it as its own thing now. I spent a bit too much time noticing "this is different" or wondering "with this change how/will they set up this other moment."

The only couple of things that I really did find fault with: I agree with many others who said that Mike was underwritten, and a major aspect of his character from the book was reassigned to one of the other kids. I also wish that they hadn't made Pennywise so obviously creepy in his standard look. What made Curry's performance so great was that he did look like a normal clown for the most part. I think Skarsgaard gave a good performance, but his look would have sent any normal kid running from the start, and Pennywise is supposed to be the lure to the children It preys upon, not necessarily the form of the ultimate fear.

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#40Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/10/17 at 7:11am

AEA AGMA SM said: "I also wish that they hadn't made Pennywise so obviously creepy in his standard look. What made Curry's performance so great was that he did look like a normal clown for the most part. I think Skarsgaard gave a good performance, but his look would have sent any normal kid running from the start, and Pennywise is supposed to be the lure to the children It preys upon, not necessarily the form of the ultimate fear."

This is interesting. I thought Pennywise did not look scary at all in the new version. I just saw a babyfaced boy putting on faces that he thought would make him look angry or scary.

Curry, even when "acting friendly" scared the **** out of me. He looked like a complete psychopath.

I feel they hired the wrong actor for the role. Playing the standard scary is not scary in the end. You need someone with this subtle form of threat, even when acting friendly.

Skarsgard: https://goo.gl/images/BdsvXb

Curry: https://goo.gl/images/dgzznh

Also, the fact that he sounded like a mix of Bart Simpson's mom and Scooby Doo did not help.

Updated On: 9/10/17 at 07:11 AM

hork Profile Photo
hork
#41Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/10/17 at 6:53pm

I thought Skarsgard was the best thing about the movie. The kids, not so much. It's hard to find kids who can act, I guess.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#42Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/10/17 at 6:55pm

Xavier Dolan tweeted that IT is his favorite movie of this century, so I'm even more excited now.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

hork Profile Photo
hork
#43Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/10/17 at 7:14pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Xavier Dolan tweeted that IT is his favorite movie of this century, so I'm even more excited now."

That's just weird.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#44Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/10/17 at 8:33pm

I heard that Tilda Swinton was up for the part of Pennywise.  I liked Skarsgard, but I can't help but wonder what Swinton would have done with the part.

henrikegerman
#45Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/13/17 at 6:34pm

AEA AGMA SM said: "I saw it tonight and really enjoyed it. It's a very strong adaptation of a book that could be very unwieldy if they had stayed fully true to it, and the changes work very well for the most part.

I actually want to go see it again so I can focus on it as its own thing now. I spent a bit too much time noticing "this is different" or wondering "with this change how/will they set up this other moment."

The only couple of things that I really did find fault with: I agree with many others who said that Mike was underwritten, and a major aspect of his character from the book was reassigned to one of the other kids. I also wish that they hadn't made Pennywise so obviously creepy in his standard look. What made Curry's performance so great was that he did look like a normal clown for the most part. I think Skarsgaard gave a good performance, but his look would have sent any normal kid running from the start, and Pennywise is supposed to be the lure to the children It preys upon, not necessarily the form of the ultimate fear.
"

I agree with everything you've written, AEA.

With all the caveats you've stated, it's a terrific movie and the direction is otherwise outstanding. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#46Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/13/17 at 7:41pm

So I saw this on Saturday, and I'm not really good horror films and boy was this not an exception. Every time IT came up on the screen I was SHAKING and my brother had to hold my hands so I wouldn't cover my eyes. It was absolutely terrifying. On the other hand, I was just in love with the kids and the jokes coming from the one from Stranger Things. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#47Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/13/17 at 9:25pm

By far, this is my favorite film of the year so far. I think it's an almost perfect film and I'm so excited to hopefully soon get an announcement about the adult casting for part 2.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#48Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/14/17 at 1:03am

I loved this film! Extremely well-done, and I think the things they excised from the novel wouldn't have translated well on screen or in this day and age (all of the kids having to lose their virginity to Bev, for starters). The kids were all EXTREMELY well-cast, which is never an easy thing to do. I loved them all, but the kid from Stranger Things was my favorite. 

It's significantly scarier, and the pacing is much better, than the plodding mini-series, which really drags in spots.

One of my favorite horror movies in quite awhile. I can't wait to go back. 

ColorTheHours048
#49Stephen King's It trailer
Posted: 9/14/17 at 2:40pm

I've seen this now 4 times since it was released last week and it really holds up every time. I maintain that I wish there was less CGI vs. practical effects and the score has the tendency to insist a moment is terrifying instead of going quiter and letting the moment speak for itself. But DAMN is this an effective movie. Can't wait to own it in a few months.

Videos