pixeltracker

Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots- Page 2

Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#25Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/24/17 at 6:46pm

he sounds great!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#26Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/24/17 at 6:53pm

Is it wrong of me to think he sounds too perfect? I kind of miss the little bit of strain heard in Sands voice when he was hitting the high notes...

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#27Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/24/17 at 7:02pm

yes, bdn223 - it is wrong of you to think that. Also, give him a couple weeks of performing 8 shows a week - he'll get there. :)

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#28Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/24/17 at 7:11pm

No TY!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

RW3
#29Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/24/17 at 7:26pm

Sidenote: Can we start a petition for him to do Broadway Bares this year? 

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#30Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/24/17 at 11:29pm

Stark will always be my favorite, but he sounds great too

Darreyl with an L!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#31Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 12:16am

Well no offense, but Starks is not a singer. Urie is a singer. And this is evident here. His vocals are gorgeous. I'm excited to hear him, as I can't listen to the recording because all the Charlie's have been "eh" to me vocally. 

VintageSnarker
#32Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 3:02am

Does anyone else feel like he wouldn't be out of place in A Bronx Tale? 

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#33Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 7:38am

RippedMan said: "Well no offense, but Starks is not a singer. Urie is a singer. And this is evident here. His vocals are gorgeous. I'm excited to hear him, as I can't listen to the recording because all the Charlie's have been "eh" to me vocally. 

"

Starks is not a singer?? I disagree completely. Stark's voice is smooth, well-used, and high quality. I think he's a much better singer than Urie.

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#34Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 8:52am

RippedMan said: "Well no offense, but Starks is not a singer. Urie is a singer. And this is evident here. His vocals are gorgeous. I'm excited to hear him, as I can't listen to the recording because all the Charlie's have been "eh" to me vocally. "

What version of reality does this comment come from?

Broadway World's Fireman.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#35Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 9:47am

HenryTDobson said: "Stark's voice is smooth, well-used, and high quality. I think he's a much better singer than Urie."

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  Don't get me wrong; I love Stark and have for a long time.  And I enjoy his voice.  But in no world is he a better singer than Brendon Urie.

Liza's Headband
#36Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 10:11am

There is a world wherein that's true. It's called the world of subjectivity..... 

HenryTDobson
#37Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 10:31am

bjh2114 said: "HenryTDobson said: "Stark's voice is smooth, well-used, and high quality. I think he's a much better singer than Urie."

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  Don't get me wrong; I love Stark and have for a long time.  And I enjoy his voice.  But in no world is he a better singer than Brendon Urie.

"

Thanks for laughing at my opinion. I didn't realize YOUR opinion was the only one that mattered.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#38Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 11:11am

Liza's Headband said: "There is a world wherein that's true. It's called the world of subjectivity..... "

Actually no.  Stark would be the first person to say that he's not an singer, but rather an actor who sings.  Brendon is a singer by trade, and for good reason.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#39Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 11:21am

HenryTDobson said: "Thanks for laughing at my opinion. I didn't realize YOUR opinion was the only one that mattered."

Oh, my opinion isn't the only one that matters, and I think you know that's a bit of a stretch to claim that.  But you know... hyperbole for dramatic flair... I get it.  But there's also a difference between opinions and facts.  You can ENJOY Stark more than Brendon, by all means.  But that doesn't make Stark the better singer.  That's like saying that since I enjoy listening to Madeline Kahn's versions of the songs from On the Twentieth Century more than Kristin Chenoweth's, Madeline is the better singer.  That is factually untrue.  Kristin is a better singer than Madeline, but I just happen to like her versions less.

Liza's Headband
#40Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 12:49pm

How is that factually true?  You've notated multiple vocal performances of different singers, and somehow come up with a method of quantitatively measuring said performances when compared against the original sheet music? 

HenryTDobson
#41Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 12:58pm

I am (for the first time ever) agreeing with Liza's Headband on this one. Saying Kristin Chenoweth is a better singer than someone else is an opinion. End of story. 

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#42Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 1:29pm

Liza's Headband said: "How is that factually true?  You've notated multiple vocal performances of different singers, and somehow come up with a method of quantitatively measuring said performances when compared against the original sheet music? "

We had this exact same conversation regarding Corey Cott's acting in another thread.  There are objective ways to evaluate talent.  When it comes to singing and acting, there ARE certain qualities that are considered good and bad.  That isn't to say that there aren't many different kinds of good actors and singers; of course there is a spectrum.  I would never say that Kristin Chenoweth and Madeline Kahn are similar types of singers.  Is Madeline Kahn a bad singer?  NO!  But when you look at the type of singer that Kristin is, she has a TECHNICAL ABILITY and command of certain musical aspects that Madeline Kahn didn't have.  And in that sense, she is a better singer.  I think people get their panties in a twist when someone says person A is better than person B.  That's not saying that person B can't be enjoyed!  It just means that from a technical aspect, person A has a better command of the skills.  And if you ask any music teacher, they will agree with that.  There are ways to evaluate if someone is singing correctly,  Sorry if you disagree, but those are the facts.

HenryTDobson said: "Saying Kristin Chenoweth is a better singer than someone else is an opinion. End of story."

Haha, so now YOUR opinion is the only one that matters?  "End of story."  Oh, ok.  But in all seriousness, you have to be delusional to truly believe that.  So if I say "Kristin Chenoweth is a better singer than Bill Gates" that's just an opinion?  There's no fact there at all?  REALLY?  I'm going to let you think about that for a bit.

HenryTDobson
#43Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 1:40pm

"Haha, so now YOUR opinion is the only one that matters?  "End of story."  Oh, ok.  But in all seriousness, you have to be delusional to truly believe that.  So if I say "Kristin Chenoweth is a better singer than Bill Gates" that's just an opinion?  There's no fact there at all?  REALLY?  I'm going to let you think about that for a bit."

Opinion - a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. It may not be an opinion I agree with, but people may think that Bill Gates is indeed a better singer than Cheno. This is their opinion, there is no facts. You can talk all day about technique and voice control and blah blah blah, but if someone thinks that Bill Gates is the better singer, they are not wrong. They are just stating their OPINION.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#44Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 1:49pm

I think my issue is with your use of the word "better."  To me, "better" is a comparison of something concrete that CAN be measured.  I can play the dictionary game too:

"Better" - of a more excellent type or quality.

If your opinion is that Bill Gates is a more enjoyable singer than Cheno, fine.  If your opinion is that Stark Sands is a more enjoyable singer than Brendon Urie, fine.  If your claim that Bill Gates or Stark Sands are BETTER singers, that is literally untrue by the definition of the word "better".

HenryTDobson
#45Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 2:56pm

But the quality of something can be viewed with different opinions. It's not like Kristin Chenoweth and Bill Gates are taking a biology test and Cheno gets a 90% and Gates gets a 65% - Cheno then is factually better than Gates at biology. Singing doesn't have such a test. Sure, YOU may like the quality of Cheno's voice better (as do I), but some people may not have the same opinion, and their opinion is not wrong. Therefore, it is not a fact that Cheno is a better singer than Gates.

It's a silly discussion but one I think is important these days with "fake" news and all. I do want to say that I always have respected your opinion and input on these boards, so I'm sorry if I am coming on too strongly. 

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#46Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 3:10pm

bdn223 said: "Is it wrong of me to think he sounds too perfect? I kind of miss the little bit of strain heard in Sands voice when he was hitting the high notes...

"

As funny as it sounds, I agree.   Never thought you could be too good to sing on Broadway.  

Not to be confused with Dave19.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#47Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 3:26pm

He and his people have been nothing but hard-working, humble, and friendly here at the theatre. And, yes, he can act. He's going to be fantastic. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#48Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/25/17 at 5:42pm

Just saying Stark Sands is an actor first, and Urie is a singer. You might prefer Sands interpretation of the song over Urie's, but I think Urie sings it better. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#49Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots
Posted: 5/26/17 at 11:08pm

For those interested, the show seems mostly sold-out this weekend. I'd assume they'll sell SRO.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.