Hardest Lottery(s)

djoko84
#50Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/1/17 at 1:32pm

I've been trying Anastasia everyday and haven't won yet so there are either a ton of people entering or a small amount of tix or both. It really sucks.

Has anyone tried the Little Foxes TodayTix rush? Is it hard to get? Where are the seats? What TodayTix discounts are there?

MyLife
#51Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/1/17 at 2:20pm

I somehow happen to have really good luck with online lotteries (I've won Hamilton 3 times... don't ask me how) but I still really dislike them. I get that they're easier and have a bigger reach but there was something so special about a community gathering in one place. It was exciting! Entering online isn't fun at all. And while winning is fun however it's done, it's less so online. 

The lotteries definitely need to fix their system to prevent people from winning and not using the tickets. I've heard since increasing Hamilton lotto seats to 46 there is an average of 6-8 that are sold to the cancellation line PER SHOW! I like the idea of taking credit card information ahead of time. I also like what TodayTix does for its lottos. TodayTix a handful of entrees to be on a  waitlist. These people do not receive a "Congratulations" or "Try Again" email until all of the winners have claimed their tickets. Once all winners claimed their tickets then those on the waitlist will receive a "Try Again" email. If a winner does not claim seats in the alotted time, TodayTix then reaches out to the top of the waitlist until all of the lotto seats are claimed. All shows should have a similar mechanism.

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#52Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/1/17 at 2:21pm

Mildred Plotka said: "Does anyone who has won the Six Degrees lottery know when the deadline to purchase tickets is if you win? I'm going to have to enter during my layover in Chicago and wont be landing until 12pm. The site says the winners are announced at 9am but it doesn't say when you have to purchase won tickets by. 

Tickets must be purchased by 11am

theater245
#53Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/1/17 at 3:03pm

I live 4 hours away from New York and I just enter a bunch of lotteries whenever I am there visiting for a weekend and see what I get. Here is what I have won and their seat locations for the last 3 years-ish:

Aladdin (in person lottery): balcony (#4 name called)

American in Paris: rear side orchestra row U

Curious Incident: second row side orchestra (very good seat)

Chicago (rush): first row side orchestra, lined up at 9:40am

Fun Home: an amazing seat somewhere in fourth row 200s

Gents Guide: extreme side orchestra row K

Groundhogs day (rush): got there at 9:50am during the previews, got extreme right orchestra row D

Lion King (digital lottery): rear centerish mezzanine

On the Town: Rear center orchestra row Z

School of Rock: side orchestra, two seats not next to eachother

Something Rotten: we stayed at a hotel near the theatre and the moment we won, I raced to theatre to get the centermost first row seats

Almost all these shows were Saturday matinees for two people. My experience says its harder to win Saturday evening. And I've never gotten Hamilton...

Chicken_Flavor Profile Photo
Chicken_Flavor
#54Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/1/17 at 9:19pm

Can someone remind me what shows still have in-person lotteries? 

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#55Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/1/17 at 9:24pm

Chicken_Flavor said: "Can someone remind me what shows still have in-person lotteries? 

"

I feel like Wicked might be the only one? Maybe BOM? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#56Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/3/17 at 5:22pm

I still haven't won the Dear Evan Hansen lotto but I won War Paint on my first try for tonight. 

LxGstv
#57Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/3/17 at 5:57pm

gleek4114 said: "Chicken_Flavor said: "Can someone remind me what shows still have in-person lotteries? 

"

I feel like Wicked might be the only one? Maybe BOM? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

"

That is correct, Wicked and Book of Mormon are the only shows that still have in person lottery. I feel like Hamilton would still have it if it wasn't too disruptive...

ccbway
#58Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/4/17 at 11:14am

One question I've always had about lotteries, especially the difficult to win ones like Hamilton, Dear Evan Hansen, or apparently, Anastasia - is whether it's better to enter the lotteries for a single seat or for 2?

Does anyone have any opinions on this?  Does it even matter?  Past Hamilton/DEH/Anastasia winners have any thoughts/advice?

Updated On: 5/4/17 at 11:14 AM

TorontoBroadwayFan
#59Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/4/17 at 5:38pm

I won the Lion King digital lotto twice (two wins on two entries) - one was for Sunday evening show last October and the other for a Wednesday evening last week...less busy times may have helped.

I won the sunset bouvelard lotto on my first try as well. I was told by other fans while waiting in the SOR rush line last Sunday that it is dead easy to win and that they give out really good tickets, so thanks to that tip...I entered right before the lotto closed and won (also won on my hubby's account)

I have also won some of the today's tix lottos....and the digital rush for sweat.

i entered pretty much every other digital lotto during my visit last week and lost all of them. 

broadwaybaby11
#60Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/4/17 at 5:48pm

Ugh! I hate hearing that it's so easy to win SOR lotto's. I've heard that many times before. For some reason I CANNOT seem to win that one. I've entered 50+ times. I should really just rush.... 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#61Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/4/17 at 5:53pm

ccbway said: "One question I've always had about lotteries, especially the difficult to win ones like Hamilton, Dear Evan Hansen, or apparently, Anastasia - is whether it's better to enter the lotteries for a single seat or for 2?""

I figure there is always a chance that the way things work, sometimes they need someone who only needs one to finish off the winners, and if you put 2, you aren't going to get picked. Also, if you only need one, let someone else win.

ccbway
#62Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/4/17 at 10:03pm

haterobics said: "ccbway said: "One question I've always had about lotteries, especially the difficult to win ones like Hamilton, Dear Evan Hansen, or apparently, Anastasia - is whether it's better to enter the lotteries for a single seat or for 2?""

I figure there is always a chance that the way things work, sometimes they need someone who only needs one to finish off the winners, and if you put 2, you aren't going to get picked. Also, if you only need one, let someone else win.

That's what I always think as well, but I was curious whether or not such a small chance ever really has any effect or if everyone is really entering for 2 everytime.  It's not like if I won for 2 that I wouldn't use both tickets - more that I would be willing to go alone if it somehow made it easier to win.

"

Updated On: 5/4/17 at 10:03 PM

djoko84
#63Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/5/17 at 7:04am

ccbway said: "haterobics said: "ccbway said: "One question I've always had about lotteries, especially the difficult to win ones like Hamilton, Dear Evan Hansen, or apparently, Anastasia - is whether it's better to enter the lotteries for a single seat or for 2?""

That's what I always think as well, but I was curious whether or not such a small chance ever really has any effect or if everyone is really entering for 2 everytime.  It's not like if I won for 2 that I wouldn't use both tickets - more that I would be willing to go alone if it somehow made it easier to win.

"

Can't you check the box that says you'll take less than 2 if you win, but still choose 2?

ccbway
#64Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/5/17 at 10:32am

djoko84 said: "ccbway said: "haterobics said: "ccbway said: "One question I've always had about lotteries, especially the difficult to win ones like Hamilton, Dear Evan Hansen, or apparently, Anastasia - is whether it's better to enter the lotteries for a single seat or for 2?""

"

Can't you check the box that says you'll take less than 2 if you win, but still choose 2?

"

Nope.  They got rid of that option, and only certain lotteries even used to offer that.

wonkit
#65Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/5/17 at 10:34am

I have a question about the HAMILTON lottery. Just a reality check. Everyone I know who is over 60 and who enters the lottery faithfully almost on a daily basis for months has not won. And everyone I know who enters once or twice and is under 30 wins. I know that it is a random lottery (whatever that means) but someone cure my paranoia and tell me that they have seen senior citizens in the front row with any frequency. Again - this is my experience and I just want confirmation that it is an outlier, so don't freak out on me, please.

lczvera
#66Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/5/17 at 11:03am

wonkit said: "I have a question about the HAMILTON lottery. Just a reality check. Everyone I know who is over 60 and who enters the lottery faithfully almost on a daily basis for months has not won. And everyone I know who enters once or twice and is under 30 wins. I know that it is a random lottery (whatever that means) but someone cure my paranoia and tell me that they have seen senior citizens in the front row with any frequency. Again - this is my experience and I just want confirmation that it is an outlier, so don't freak out on me, please.

"

I‘m also under 30 and have been putting lottery for Hamilton since last June (not every single day, but 4-5 times a week on average) and haven't win yet. All my friends are all in their early 20s and no one has ever win Hamilton lottery yet (among us, we pretty much won all other shows, including DEH).

Hamilton is still the most popular show on Broadway and probably tens of thousands people trying to win that twenty tickets everyday. I personally don't think any lottery would purposely eliminate a certain entry based on its age, postcode, etc. They do not care that much about who won the lottery ticket.

wonkit
#67Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/5/17 at 11:16am

Thanks. 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#68Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/10/17 at 10:37am

wonkit said: "I have a question about the HAMILTON lottery. Just a reality check. Everyone I know who is over 60 and who enters the lottery faithfully almost on a daily basis for months has not won. And everyone I know who enters once or twice and is under 30 wins. I know that it is a random lottery (whatever that means) but someone cure my paranoia and tell me that they have seen senior citizens in the front row with any frequency. Again - this is my experience and I just want confirmation that it is an outlier, so don't freak out on me, please.

"

wonkit. My mom won and sat front and center at the age of 77 and she is still entering the lotto so I will let you know if she wins again now that she has turned 78. :)

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

broadwaybaby11
#69Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/10/17 at 10:56am

That's awesome!

I finally managed to win SOR last night and was Orchestra Row J, good seats. Took me over a year to win that one for some reason! Crazy how many open seats there were in orchestra, too.

Great show... man, those kids are talented! 

Chicken_Flavor Profile Photo
Chicken_Flavor
#70Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/10/17 at 8:33pm

Do you know approximately how many people enter the hamilton lottery? It must be lower now that the original cast left...

LxGstv
#71Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/10/17 at 11:13pm

Chicken_Flavor said: "Do you know approximately how many people enter the hamilton lottery? It must be lower now that the original cast left...

"

According to their FAQ it's more than 10,000 people a day...

mpkie
#72Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/10/17 at 11:47pm

Just curious, has anyone ever paired up as lotto buddies?

I enter more singles than doubles but have won both. Considering how practically effortless it is (just need to remember to do it, then remember to check when the time comes), I still am and always have been a fan of digital lottos since their inception. I like being "guaranteed" to have a ticket "in hand" before arriving at the theater, so I like that majority or all systems now make you buy in advance.

TodayTix may be the best system with the waitlist, and the calling service is rather high touch for a discount provider, even if it may be a little harder to win.

I was glad one time I had gotten a call because I had been sleeping in and wouldn't have known I won without the phone call, haha. The reps are always super nice too.

djoko84
#73Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/11/17 at 6:13am

That's another issue. A lot of much older and younger people are entering the lottery now who couldn't get to the theatre beforehand. It's good for them, but sucks for the rest of us because of a lot more competition. Digital lottery just really sucks all the way around for us now.

JustAnotherNewYorker
#74Hardest Lottery(s)
Posted: 5/11/17 at 6:49am

djoko84 said: "That's another issue. A lot of much older and younger people are entering the lottery now who couldn't get to the theatre beforehand. It's good for them, but sucks for the rest of us because of a lot more competition. Digital lottery just really sucks all the way around for us now."

Not sure who the"us" is  Some of "us" have day jobs too, and can't do in person. Doesn't suck for me...