pixeltracker

SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews- Page 2

SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#25SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 9:39pm

smidge said: "BeukyBaby said: "And once again Jeffrey just posts a bunch of links with no commentary. Anyone care to post those reviews the correct way?

I feel like there should be some sort of recourse for the emotional and physical pain inflicted on you by Jeffrey posting links to theater reviews.

I just feel like Jeffery should locate a brain cell since so many people say the same thing to him yet still he continues. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Mike66
#26SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 9:46pm

songanddanceman2 said: "

I just feel like Jeffery should locate a brain cell since so many people say the same thing to him yet still he continues. 

Two suggestions:

1.  Don't worry, all of this will be over in a few days, at least until the Fall.

2.  With all of the crap happening all over the place, maybe there are more important things to obsess about.  You can start with what's happening to funding for the Arts.  Or maybe what the current administration's environmental goals are. 

(Wrap your head around that, make some phone calls, write some letters.  You'll feel better.  And so will Jeffrey.)

"

songanddanceman2
#27SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 9:50pm

Don't be condescending, it's not a good look on anyone. 

mar6411
#28SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 9:55pm

songanddanceman2 said: "Don't be condescending, it's not a good look on anyone

And this is a response after saying: I just feel like Jeffery should locate a brain cell since so many people say the same thing to him yet still he continues. 

So perhaps - don't be an asshole, it's not a good look on anyone.  But you wear it well.  

Carry on.

perfectliar
#29SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 9:56pm

Mike66 said: "Two suggestions:

1.  Don't worry, all of this will be over in a few days, at least until the Fall.

2.  With all of the crap happening all over the place, maybe there are more important things to obsess about.  You can start with what's happening to funding for the Arts.  Or maybe what the current administration's environmental goals are. 

(Wrap your head around that, make some phone calls, write some letters.  You'll feel better.  And so will Jeffrey.)"

Ew.

Updated On: 4/25/17 at 09:56 PM

And Peggy Profile Photo
And Peggy
#30SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 9:58pm

songanddanceman2:

9:39 PM "I just feel like Jeffery should locate a brain cell..." 

9:50PM  "Don't be condescending, it's not a good look on anyone."

Ummm..... ?

littlemouse921 Profile Photo
littlemouse921
#31SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 10:00pm

I was also there tonight and I didn't know anything about the show going in. Janney was fantastic as usual and I could see her slide into the Best Actress Category. The kids were also a standout for me, they brought the house down. And I actually did like the set, I think it worked well with the type of show that this is. Definitely not for everyone, but I would recommend it.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#32SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 10:04pm

Brantley is positive, but not enough to warrant a Critic's Pick:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/25/theater/six-degrees-of-separation-review.html

Updated On: 4/25/17 at 10:04 PM

The Other One
#33SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 10:21pm

Mike66 said: "@z5 said: "WHYYY Jitney??? It was so bland and not very exciting.

"

Because Jitney is by an important American Playwright who has been overlooked too often in the past

What an ironic answer to this question.  Even if you were to overlook the fact that the award for Best Revival owes more to the production than the play itself, whatever wins, the logic applied here as to why it should go to August Wilson could be applied far more accurately on behalf of John Guare.  August Wilson's plays have all been produced on Broadway, two of them have won Pulitzer Prizes, two have won Tony Awards, several others have been nominees, a theater has been named after him -- in what way exactly has he been overlooked, and by whom?  

Updated On: 4/25/17 at 10:21 PM

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#34SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 10:25pm

Mike66 said: "songanddanceman2 said: "I just feel like Jeffery should locate a brain cell since so many people say the same thing to him yet still he continues. 

Two suggestions:

(Wrap your head around that, make some phone calls, write some letters.  You'll feel better.  And so will Jeffrey.)"

Have you guys not noticed the posts where I did add some commentary with the links to the reviews?

And Peggy Profile Photo
And Peggy
#35SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 10:32pm

"Have you guys not noticed the posts where I did add some commentary with the links to the reviews?"

I have, and I DO appreciate it -  even if I would never express it as boorishly as some others in the review threads. 

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#36SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 10:36pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: 
Have you guys not noticed the posts where I did add some commentary with the links to the reviews?

I have!!! Thank you Jeffrey and to everyone who posts the reviews. I appreciate you all!! 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#37SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 10:39pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "Mike66 said: "songanddanceman2 said: "I just feel like Jeffery should locate a brain cell since so many people say the same thing to him yet still he continues. 

Two suggestions:

"Jeffrey K, IGNORE just IGNORE

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#38SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 10:43pm

poisonivy2 said: "Interesting that no one mentions that the real-life Paul, David Hampton, died alone of AIDS in 2003.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/19/nyregion/about-new-york-he-conned-the-society-crowd-but-died-alone.html

"

Thanks for posting this, had no idea this was based on true story. 

smidge
#39SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 10:45pm

Jeffrey,  you're fine. Don't worry about the trolls. Thanks for the updates

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#40SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 10:52pm

Broadway Joe said: "poisonivy2 said: "Interesting that no one mentions that the real-life Paul, David Hampton, died alone of AIDS in 2003.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/19/nyregion/about-new-york-he-conned-the-society-crowd-but-died-alone.html

"

Thanks for posting this, had no idea this was based on true story. 

Neither did I! Thank you for posting that!!

TheThreadMaster Profile Photo
TheThreadMaster
#41SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 10:52pm

Still cant get over how people are becoming infuriated over having to actually read/save for later to find out if it was positive/negative/mixed. 

Ragged Tear
#42SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/25/17 at 11:08pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "Have you guys not noticed the posts where I did add some commentary with the links to the reviews"

Yes, I noticed, and I was grateful. Thank you! I really do think it helps a lot. 

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#43SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/26/17 at 7:26am

Why is everyone so obsessed with Jeffrey posting a summary for each link?  Aren't some reviews open for interpretation?  I appreciate the links so I don't have to look at so many sites. I prefer to read the review and determine if the critics liked it or not.  I've seen summaries that call something a rave or a pan but I didn't read it the same way.  

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#44SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/26/17 at 8:14am

JBC3 said: "BeukyBaby said: "And once again Jeffrey just posts a bunch of links with no commentary. Anyone care to post those reviews the correct way?"

If you are playing arbiter of the correct way™, perhaps you should.
"

arbiter of the correct way™ just made my day. 

"You're not doing it the way I want it done! Now I have to scroll past your post, consuming a whole second of my precious time. Waahh!"

I swear, sometimes I think Trump is posting in here under aliases.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

smidge
#45SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/26/17 at 8:21am

I hope Jeffrey continues to post however he wants just to send the trolls into a total breakdown.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#46SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/26/17 at 8:36am

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "Have you guys not noticed the posts where I did add some commentary with the links to the reviews?"

Don't let the b@stards get you down, Jeffrey.

songanddanceman2
#47SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/26/17 at 9:26am

Jeffery I did appreciate the ones you added your commentary, thanks 

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#48SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/26/17 at 9:38am

mc1227 said: "Why is everyone so obsessed with Jeffrey posting a summary for each link?  Aren't some reviews open for interpretation?  I appreciate the links so I don't have to look at so many sites. I prefer to read the review and determine if the critics liked it or not.  I've seen summaries that call something a rave or a pan but I didn't read it the same way.  

"

My thoughts exactly.  It appears that some of them can be interpreted differently.  I would rather make my own decisions about reviews then go into it already knowing its negative or positive.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#49SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews
Posted: 4/26/17 at 12:54pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Brantley is positive, but not enough to warrant a Critic's Pick:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/25/theater/six-degrees-of-separation-review.html
"

This is a strange review. Almost the entire piece is devoted to the author, the original story, and character analysis; the only overt reference to this particular production (that I noticed) comes in the very last sentence. He says that it's "a less than ideal production", but I found nothing in the review to substantiate that description.

Oh, and Brantley's aside: "(I first heard it across a crowded table in a Gracie Square penthouse in the early 1980s.)"

Of course you did.