pixeltracker

Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?- Page 2

Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#25Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/11/17 at 9:05am

The only time I have felt this way was when the revival of Ragtime closed.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

ampi2 Profile Photo
ampi2
#26Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/11/17 at 9:11am

I miss Matilda Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#27Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/11/17 at 9:24am

ampi2 said: "I miss Matilda Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?"

Yep, this one too. We saw it twice and wish we'd gone one more time when Lesli Margherita was Mrs. Wormwood. We have tickets to see the touring production this weekend, but I don't expect it will be the same.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage
Updated On: 5/11/17 at 09:24 AM

Liza's Headband
#28Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/11/17 at 9:27am

Missing a performance so much that it literally makes you sad/upset is not normal. 

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#29Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/11/17 at 9:36am

She Loves Me, The Color Purple and Fun Home.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#30Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/11/17 at 9:46am

If there was a definitive "normal," then everyone would be the same. People are entitled to their feelings, and it is no one's place to judge them. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#31Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/11/17 at 9:50am

Liza's Headband said: "Missing a performance so much that it literally makes you sad/upset is not normal."

Beyond rude. Let people live.

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#32Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/11/17 at 11:24am

Follies... and night music... the last revivals are the only productions I've seen and I still listen to the recordings probably once a week. Also passing strange, fun home, bloody bloody Andrew Jackson, in the heightS.... 

miss saigon... so happy I can see the revival currently :) 

Liza's Headband
#33Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/11/17 at 11:31am

BroadwayRox3588 said: "If there was a definitive "normal," then everyone would be the same. People are entitled to their feelings, and it is no one's place to judge them. 

"

Normal in the sense of sane and rational. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#34Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/11/17 at 11:38am

i think we would have to define sad to say how nuts it is. End of vacation sad: no. Loss of a loved one sad: yes.

mpkie
#35Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/11/17 at 10:35pm

The fact that Les Miserables isn't a long running presence on Broadway makes me sad.

I've been sad to miss shows completely or certain casting ormissed opportunity, for example, missing NPH in Hedwig. I'm sad I missed the original Spring Awakening.

But I've been most sad with regards to West End actually.

Not having seen We Will Rock You in London the year it was closing when I lived there makes me miserably sad, especially since learning Brian May and Roger Taylor played at the final show, I just kick myself. I saw it once a decade ago in Toronto.

Also sad that I will probably never see Billy Elliot live again since it closed in London.

On Off-Broadway I really miss Daddy Long Legs.

AKarp2013 Profile Photo
AKarp2013
#36Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/11/17 at 10:38pm

Hairspray and Matilda. I adore both those shows and was heartbroken to see them go.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#37Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/12/17 at 8:39am

mpkie said: "The fact that Les Miserables isn't a long running presence on Broadway makes me sad."

Isn't this a curious thing? The show has run continuously in London since it opened, but not so on Broadway. I sometimes wonder how it manages to keep pulling an audience over there but it can't maintain that here.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#38Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/12/17 at 9:33am

The revival of Side Show. Well, more in the sense that I wish I had the money at the time to keep it open longer. I know, not helpful if I put funding down because I liked it and nobody was seeing it anyway.  

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

BroadwayRox3588
#39Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/12/17 at 10:25am

Marianne2 said: "The revival of Side Show. Well, more in the sense that I wish I had the money at the time to keep it open longer. I know, not helpful if I put funding down because I liked it and nobody was seeing it anyway.  

"

Omg yes! That revival was wonderful!

kellyhallo
#40Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/12/17 at 10:33am

I really, really, really miss the revival of Falsettos.

KathyNYC2
#41Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/12/17 at 10:54am

I do sigh and remember every time I wait for the bus on 50th street that the Fun Home marquee and signs are gone. And I can't walk by Shubert Alley without missing Matilda.  And I'm sure I will feel the same way about Kinky Boots when that's gone. 

Dollypop
#42Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/12/17 at 11:42am

I was heartbroken when the original production of DOLLY closed in 1970. Being at the last (joyful performance helped a bit). However, people told me my personality changed and I wasn't fun to be around anymore. I lost my appetite and found myself tearing up for no obvious reason. That's when I started the habit of playing the obc every morning. It helped get me back in track.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

GhostXmasPast
#43Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/12/17 at 1:06pm

I hate it that I will not be back to see this before it closes.  But my own perspective is that shows must close for others to open...which tempers the loss just a bit.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#44Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/12/17 at 1:21pm

Liza's Headband said: "Missing a performance so much that it literally makes you sad/upset is not normal. "

Why are you so damn sour all the time? You rival After Eight for one of the most insufferable posters here, honestly. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

broadwaysfguy
#45Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/12/17 at 3:32pm

this is a totallly valid question and  its clear many of us can love a show so much you can be sad when its gone

for me it was the original Aida with Heather Headley

I often go and watch the clips on youtube, just for a quick fix of the spirit and energy Heather had in that show

I hope for a revival and get sad again when i realize its very low on disneys long and likely list of projects to bring to broadway

BroadwayRox3588
#46Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/12/17 at 3:47pm

I have already grown so attached to Anastasia, that I know I will be heartbroken when it closes.

MVintheheartland
#47Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/12/17 at 5:13pm

Shuffle Along. I know the show had its issues, but it was so wonderful, with all the stars, including Audra McDonald. I'm sad that it closed so soon, and I sure hope that it is revived someday.

bexplex
#48Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/12/17 at 6:39pm

Liza's Headband said: "Missing a performance so much that it literally makes you sad/upset is not normal. 

"

Lol telling people how to feel is not normal.

Chicken_Flavor Profile Photo
Chicken_Flavor
#49Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?
Posted: 5/12/17 at 8:07pm

I've never seen Nerds, but it just saddens me that it was canceled so soon.

Liza, there's no such thing as "normal" these days...