pixeltracker

OFFICIAL - Bernadette To Replace Bette!- Page 3

OFFICIAL - Bernadette To Replace Bette!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#50Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 11:29am

I'd kind of like to see Vanessa Williams as Dolly.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#51Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 11:49am

The only person there has been a conversation with is Queen Latifah.  She mentioned it at one of the FYI Emmy events going on in Hollywood.  The Dolly Parton, Bernadette, Reba, and etc gossip is just that.   My sense is the there will be a Bette extension with another name coming in for a extended period as Bette has mentioned she does not want to play the winter months.   Some of the choices you all have been mentioning sound wonderful.  But they don't sell tickets.  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 7/5/17 at 11:49 AM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#52Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 11:51am

Also.. some the ladies you are all mentioning already have commitments.  

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#54Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 11:57am

Jordan,

Is this the same person that told you Rick Mckays movie was coming out very soon 3 years ago?  Just asking.

TerrenceIsTheMann
#55Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 11:59am

Bernadette and Patti are really the preferable options here. The current queens of Broadway if you ask me. Barbara and Meryl would both be glorious, but I doubt they'd take part.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#56Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 12:01pm

And Mozart In The Jungle goes back into production in February.  So I wouldn't put that much weight on the Bernadette rumor.  

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#57Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 12:08pm

DAME said: "The only person there has been a conversation with is Queen Latifah.  She mentioned it at one of the FYI Emmy events going on in Hollywood.  The Dolly Parton, Bernadette, Reba, and etc gossip is just that.   My sense is the there will be a Bette extension with another name coming in for a extended period as Bette has mentioned she does not want to play the winter months.   Some of the choices you all have been mentioning sound wonderful.  But they don't sell tickets.  

"

I know for a fact that feelers (NOT an offer, last I heard there have been zero offers) were put out to Bernadette and Dolly. They have apparently been feeling out their wish list for replacements with several big names, including Broadway names. But I do know those 2 were on it. Cant confirm the others.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#58Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 12:09pm

Smokey, if you need help removing the stick from your ass, I'd suggest calling 911.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#59Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 12:12pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Smokey, if you need help removing the stick from your ass, I'd suggest calling 911.

"

I was just asking you a question.  Since your sources seem to be so reliable. ( cough)   I think you are the one with the stick up your ass.  Don't know why you are so defensive.   Usually people that lie are very defensive.  Are you lying?  Is this another story?

Updated On: 7/5/17 at 12:12 PM

Jordan Catalano
#60Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 12:15pm

My sources are very reliable, dear. And if you have an issue with Rick, I suggest you taking it up with him and the distributors of the film. And might I suggest doing that and knowing the full story surrounding something that upsets you before starting a ridiculous "fight" with a stranger online. Because my sources when it comes to casting have proven to be almost 100% reliable over the years, darling. Now you go come up with a response you feel is witty and/or insulting like I know you feel you need to do. 

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#61Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 12:21pm

Jordan Catalano said: "My sources are very reliable, dear. And if you have an issue with Rick, I suggest you taking it up with him and the distributors of the film. And might I suggest doing that and knowing the full story surrounding something that upsets you before starting a ridiculous "fight" with a stranger online. Because my sources when it comes to casting have proven to be almost 100% reliable over the years, darling. Now you go come up with a response you feel is witty and/or insulting like I know you feel you need to do. 

"

You are the one that insulted me.  And as far as your sources all one has to do is take the time to read all your old posts and see just how reliable they are.  As far as Rick; like someone else mentioned on the other thread; he is a flim flam man.   I just wish someone had the sources to sue him.  When people take peoples money and don't deliver what they promised it is called stealing.   

Jordan Catalano
#62Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 12:22pm

And which posts of mine are unreliable, dear?

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#63Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 12:25pm

Jordan was the first person to break Julie White going into ADHP2 last week (which absolutely no one else was talking about), so it seems like an inopportune time to try and cast dispersions on his reliability.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body
Updated On: 7/5/17 at 12:25 PM

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#64Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 12:26pm

CallMeAl2 said: "Bernadette is not a broad. Dolly is a broad."

Dolly's confident, enterprising, audacious.  Even, when the moment takes her, a bit madcap.  

But she's far too much of a "lady" to be a broad.  

There is nothing vulgar about Dolly.  Quite the contrary.

Thankfully, like Channing and Bailey before her, and Gordon and Booth before them, Midler, who is as good as anyone at playing a 'broad," completely understood that about her.

Updated On: 7/5/17 at 12:26 PM

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#65Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 12:28pm

And Mozart In The Jungle goes back into production in February.  So I wouldn't put that much weight on the Bernadette rumor.

MOZART IN THE JUNGLE has been shooting since last month. They wrap in September and then Bernadette goes back on THE GOOD FIGHT shortly thereafter, though she's only recurring on that show.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#66Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 12:32pm

DottieD'Luscia said: "I'd kind of like to see Vanessa Williams as Dolly.

"

Vanessa would be a great Dolly on the road.  All this talk about possible replacements makes me really hungry for a tour of this production.  This show really prospered on the road when it first came out.  And its history throughout our countries stages is very rich.   Gosh I hope this tours.  

broadwayboy223
#67Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 12:41pm

I think Bernadette should replace. Would LOVE to see her back on Broadway. 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#68Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 12:54pm

Maybe they could do short engagements with different ladies?  I would love that.  I would go see Bernadette, Vanessa, Meryl, maybe even Latifah.  All the names everyone has been mentioning are valid.  I could talk Dolly all day.  Except when it gets mean and bitchy . These days I just ignore all that.  

Jordan Catalano
#69Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 12:58pm

I'd love a series of limited engagements, as well. It would create the ticket demand that might not normally happen for an extended run. That way we could get Patti or Bernadette or any number of the Broadway divas in there and make every gay mans dreams come true. 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#70Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 1:01pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I'd love a series of limited engagements, as well. It would create the ticket demand that might not normally happen for an extended run. That way we could get Patti or Bernadette or any number of the Broadway divas in there and make every gay mans dreams come true. 

"

Maybe even some straight guys dreams come true?  I can't think of any current ladies... but in the old days Raquel Welch got some straight dudes to sit thru Woman Of The Year. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#71Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 1:35pm

What about Hilary Clinton???

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#72Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 1:40pm

I also love the idea of multiple star limited engagements. 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#73Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 1:45pm

As long as they keep the casting classy.  The second they announce Nene Leakes I am done.

carnzee
#74Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 1:46pm

Call_me_jorge said: "What about Hilary Clinton???

"

Last year I used to fantasize about Hillary coming down some stairs in the White House, serenaded by adoring White House staff..."It's so nice to be back home where I belong.. " "Tomorrow will be brighter, than the good old days... "

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#75Bernadette To Replace Bette?
Posted: 7/5/17 at 1:57pm

Maybe Bernie comes in during the winter for 3 months before taking it on the road? Bette returns for 6 more months then Latifah takes over?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.