Hercules Dream Cast

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#25Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/10/17 at 5:08pm

If only Tony Yazbeck were about ten years younger.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#26Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/10/17 at 5:18pm

JennH said: "theatregoer3 said: "TheSassySam said: "What about Anika Noni Rose as Meg? "

LOVE this idea. Would also love Laura Benanti.

Would be rad to get all unknowns for this one considering the show will see fine with the name alone.

"

I think we all can admit if they didn't do it with Frozen when they 1000% could have, then it isn't gonna happen with Hercules...however...I'm dream casting myself as Meg because DAMMIT, I adore her, I'm her and she is me, and she's the one Mouse heroine I don't have to be so "Disney princess mold-ey" with. She's the only one I fit what inherently exists, I don't have to think so hard...however, I know this has next to nil chance of happening LOLZ. 

Anyway, my gushing aside, all of you suggesting Emmy can't-act-or-sing Rossum, I REALLY hope you're all kidding...she's way too uninteresting anyway, aside from Herc, Meg is the most interesting character in this thing.

As for our beloved Herc...this is a role for any of our well known Broadway cookie cutter princes (this isn't a knock in this case really), Ala Corey Cott, Derek Klena (who basically has said this is a dream role), etc. We know who these are. But yes he does need to be that gangly nerd, at the VERY least to begin with, because he comes into his hunky self later as darquegk says, but still retains his adorable, weird, awkward self. That NEEDS to stay, if only because it still makes him relatable and likable but also, I've ALWAYS believed this is why Meg falls for him in the first place. He's this sweet, goofy nerd who couldn't hurt a fly even if he wanted to, but she's been jaded to the point where she believes everyone is "petty and dishonest", and just by saying this in response to him wanting to be like everyone else, she already believes he's not those things. Herc absolutely must have a goofy and comic quirk to him as well. Neither Meg or Herc are cookie cutter Disney leads in terms of personality, they're pretty subversive when you think about it. The hunky but adorable sweetheart who decides everything via "feelings" and the snarky, dry humored, whip smart girl who decides everything by "logic". I love when romantic pairings are like this, there's something about this dichotomy that I'm a sucker for. 

As for Hades and the Muses, I think we all knew YEARS ago that these will 100% be the crowd pleasing showstoppers. Heck, this is a rare bird in which not many people would want to be a lead, because let's be honest, we'd all want to be a sassy black woman just so we can me a muse! Myself included!

"

What "names" did they get for Frozen? I need what world are Caissie Levy and Patti Murin "names"?

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#27Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/10/17 at 5:19pm

Ana Villafane for Meg

JennH
#28Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/10/17 at 5:27pm

adamgreer said: "JennH said: "theatregoer3 said: "TheSassySam said: "What about Anika Noni Rose as Meg? "

LOVE this idea. Would also love Laura Benanti.

Would be rad to get all unknowns for this one considering the show will see fine with the name alone.

"

I think we all can admit if they didn't do it with Frozen when they 1000% could have, then it isn't gonna happen with Hercules...however...I'm dream casting myself as Meg because DAMMIT, I adore her, I'm her and she is me, and she's the one Mouse heroine I don't have to be so "Disney princess mold-ey" with. She's the only one I fit what inherently exists, I don't have to think so hard...however, I know this has next to nil chance of happening LOLZ. 

Anyway, my gushing aside, all of you suggesting Emmy can't-act-or-sing Rossum, I REALLY hope you're all kidding...she's way too uninteresting anyway, aside from Herc, Meg is the most interesting character in this thing.

As for our beloved Herc...this is a role for any of our well known Broadway cookie cutter princes (this isn't a knock in this case really), Ala Corey Cott, Derek Klena (who basically has said this is a dream role), etc. We know who these are. But yes he does need to be that gangly nerd, at the VERY least to begin with, because he comes into his hunky self later as darquegk says, but still retains his adorable, weird, awkward self. That NEEDS to stay, if only because it still makes him relatable and likable but also, I've ALWAYS believed this is why Meg falls for him in the first place. He's this sweet, goofy nerd who couldn't hurt a fly even if he wanted to, but she's been jaded to the point where she believes everyone is "petty and dishonest", and just by saying this in response to him wanting to be like everyone else, she already believes he's not those things. Herc absolutely must have a goofy and comic quirk to him as well. Neither Meg or Herc are cookie cutter Disney leads in terms of personality, they're pretty subversive when you think about it. The hunky but adorable sweetheart who decides everything via "feelings" and the snarky, dry humored, whip smart girl who decides everything by "logic". I love when romantic pairings are like this, there's something about this dichotomy that I'm a sucker for. 

As for Hades and the Muses, I think we all knew YEARS ago that these will 100% be the crowd pleasing showstoppers. Heck, this is a rare bird in which not many people would want to be a lead, because let's be honest, we'd all want to be a sassy black woman just so we can me a muse! Myself included!

"

What "names" did they get for Frozen? I need what world are Caissie Levy and Patti Murin "names"?

"

I guess I should clarify, that I think we mean complete unknowns. Caissie and Patti are not necessarily unknown. I mean, they're not global a listers, something tells me they still had to audition on some minor level for these, but it's not like they're obscure either. They're in the middle, and actually that what surprises me. Maybe it's just me, but I find the trend is these days that these super high profile projects use A listers who can sell tickets. or pluck-from-obscurity unknowns to sell a Cinderella story. If these two did audition at all for this, they certainly won't have to audition anymore for anything else in their lives. 

Updated On: 7/10/17 at 05:27 PM

JennH
#29Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/10/17 at 5:32pm

Valentina3 said: "You mean kinda like The Lion King? Would they have 2 Megs too, then? I don't know how I'd feel about seeing the same actress fall for 2 different actors on stage, even if it's the same 'character'.

"

As for two guys, it's in the realm of possibility. Even the cruise ship production did that and those are an hour long :/ I hope they don't do it, but it's possible. As for Meg, she doesn't fall for two different actors, they didn't meet until after said transformation anyway, so that's not an issue at all. Unless they change that which would be SO strange in terms of structure.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#30Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/10/17 at 5:34pm

Um... "yes" to Alysha Umphress as Meg. Girl can sing and I would love for a lead with curves. Rebecca Naomi Jones, too.

As for Herc... Maybe bring back Zachary Levi? He played a geek on Chuck and yet can pull off the hunk transformation. Nic Rouleau could pull of the lanky, awkward... and possibly the transformation, too. He sung it nicely: https://youtu.be/MZUd0qNIGJA Jay Armstrong Johnson?

For Hades, Titus would be amazing. Brian D'Arcy James would be fun. Will Swenson...? I just remember him milking it in "Hair".

JennH
#31Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/10/17 at 5:40pm

sorano916 said:

As for Herc... Maybe bring back Zachary Levi? He played a geek on Chuck and yet can pull off the hunk transformation. Nic Rouleau could pull of the lanky, awkward... and possibly the transformation, too. He sung it nicely: https://youtu.be/MZUd0qNIGJA Jay Armstrong Johnson?
"

Wait...ZACH. I LOVE the sound of this already...as long as he builds up his continually improving singing voice for this, I approve wholeheartedly. And I can't imagine him saying no to this, he's as Disnerdy a Disnerd as anyone! Plus he coined that term!laugh

Andrew KB would be the cutest Herc ever, but I felt like he's pre hunky Herc. 

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#32Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/10/17 at 7:36pm

Roger Bart as Hades!  

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#33Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/10/17 at 8:01pm

Patrick Page would be good as Hades, provided he's ok playing another villain on stage after Green Goblin and Frollo. 

theaterguy11 Profile Photo
theaterguy11
#34Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/10/17 at 8:02pm

Is Marc Platt producing? 

Hercules: Ben Platt

The Josh Profile Photo
The Josh
#35Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/10/17 at 9:34pm

J.K. Simmons would be a DREAM as Hades! 

and how about Joshua Henry as Hercules? 

Samara.tanner
#36Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/10/17 at 9:37pm

I definitely see Titus as Hades.

What about Carleigh Bettiol as Meg? 

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#37Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/10/17 at 9:37pm

Jeremy Jordan

Jeremy Jordan

JEREMY JORDAN

(audition tape)

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#38Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/10/17 at 10:54pm

Okay for real. How do I block users? Theaterguy11 is the most obnoxious person on this board and I have had it. Officially.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Emmaloucbway
#39Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/10/17 at 10:54pm

thirtythirtyninety said: "Roger Bart as Hades!  

"

YES!!! I always thought he would be a great choice if they ever do a stage adaptation! I'm glad someone else thought this as well haha. 

Mara Davi for Meg maybe?

hork Profile Photo
hork
#40Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/10/17 at 11:07pm

Hercules - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Hades - Donald Trump

Phil - Phil Keoghan

Meg - that "Cesh me outside" girl

The Muses - Matt Bellamy, Chris Wolstenhome, Dominic Howard

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#41Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/11/17 at 12:09am

PatrickDC said: "Patrick Page would be good as Hades, provided he's ok playing another villain on stage after Green Goblin and Frollo."

While he'd totally nail the role, he already played (an albiet very different version) of Hades in Hadestown. If it transfers like it's rumored to and he reprises his role, I doubt he'd play the Herc version. 

10086Sundays
#42Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/11/17 at 12:21am

Valentina3 said: "Okay for real. How do I block users? Theaterguy11 is the most obnoxious person on this board and I have had it. Officially."

Click on Settings(next to the logout button) and then Ignore Message Board Users. 

VintageSnarker
#43Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/11/17 at 12:58am

Plannietink08 said: "Hercules - Emmy Rossum

Phil - Emmy Rossum

Meg - Emmy Rossum

Hades - Emmy Rossum

The Muses - Emmy Rossum, Emmy Rossum, Emmy Rossum

This dream casting thread is even more bonkers than usual. Some of these suggestions... yeesh. Plannietink08 is the only one speaking any sense. 

Hercules... Bobby Conte Thornton, Derek Klena (though he seems fine in Anastasia and this will be a tricky one to adapt so it might not be worth jumping ship), young Gavin Creel would have been great for younger Hercules, younger Zachary Levi would have been amazing, young Paul Nolan

Hades... ooh, I'm liking the idea of Will Swenson, Nick Cordero, possibly Christian Borle, Terrence Mann, Craig Bierko, John Lithgow, Hank Azaria

(I know it makes no sense but take a moment to picture Martin Short, Alan Cumming, or Sean Hayes. I did, and it amused me greatly.)

Meg... Ana Villafane. I'm not sure if her voice is right for it but I'm kind of into it. Young Shoshana Bean, young Julia Murney, young Jackie Burns, Lilli Cooper might be too much for Herc (I know I'm just picking Elphabas. I can't think of other musical theater roles with enough sass.)

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#44Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/11/17 at 1:10am

My dream for Hades is Norbert Leo Butz. Alan could write him a kick ass villain number ala "Don't Break the Rules" and he could nab another Tony! 

Alysha is perfect for Meg. 

Princeton2
#45Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/11/17 at 3:16am

I disagree that Hercules is a cookie cutter prince type of role, id say its anything but. He is sweet, awkward, funny and yes muscly. He isnt the hero from the start, he grows into it. I think Andy Karl is the only name i can think of that can pull off the physique of the role and also the comedy element too. Sadly he maybe too old. Hercules shouldnt be a Prince Eric type.

Meg, again isn't your typical princess, and although possibly too old now Laura Benanti has the natural personality for the role.

VintageSnarker
#46Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/11/17 at 6:17am

@Princeton2 Did you see A Bronx Tale? Thornton could easily play Hercules (if they weren't too bothered about him looking exactly like the animated character). 

If you really want the bulk, maybe David T. Patterson? Though I don't know what his singing voice is like. 

froote
#47Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/11/17 at 6:57am

I think Klena is a great talent that hasn't been given the chance to show his range yet. 

Anyone in their late 30s/early 40s is too old.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#48Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/11/17 at 9:45am

I for one would love them bringing back the original muses- I mean, Lillias White, LaChanze, Roz Ryan and Cheryl Freeman- Enough said. LOL

Darreyl with an L!

Back Row
#49Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/11/17 at 9:55am

Valentina3 said: "Okay for real. How do I block users? Theaterguy11 is the most obnoxious person on this board and I have had it. Officially.

In all fairness, he may not be as obnoxious as it appears. It's possible that the translation from the original Russian is just a little clumsy.