pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17

Jarethan
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/24/17 at 7:35pm

RippedMan said: "Jarethan, now that I think about, and with what you've said, maybe the target audience flees NYC during the summer. I mean, the show appeals to an older audience who maybe go to their summer homes, etc, and therefore there's a slight sag in the numbers. I mean, it's still doing fine. But it use to be a big sell-out hit. 

That could be a possible explanation.  When it first happened last summer, I remember wondering whether it was due to less business travelers (vs. tourists) because Beautiful is the perfect business traveller show.  Will be interesting to see.

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/24/17 at 7:43pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Sammytravels said: "Maybe the wrong place to ask, but how much does Hamilton Chicago take each week? 

"

I wish we had info for this

"

Lmao, I spoke to the guy who does that stuff before. He said "VERY well." So, I guess it isn't moving anytime soon. 

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/24/17 at 8:03pm

Alright, Indecent! (This was never ever going to be profitable, but I'm glad people are seeing it now.) 

Phantom4ever
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/24/17 at 8:36pm

TheSassySam said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Sammytravels said: "Maybe the wrong place to ask, but how much does Hamilton Chicago take each week? 

"

I wish we had info for this

"
Lmao, I spoke to the guy who does that stuff before. He said "VERY well." So, I guess it isn't moving anytime soon. 

"

Then why aren't they selling tickets past January 2018?  Is it because the Chicago set is going to become the 2NT?  

trpguyy
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/24/17 at 8:41pm

bowtie7 said: "I don't think there is currently any public source for road grosses. Variety used to publish them on a weekly basis but the last one I can find online goes back to 2012. While a show used to occasionally send out a press release to announce a record breaking week (or an ad in Variety a long time ago), it seems now that this information may only be available to investors in most cases.

A question, if anyone knows, since many shows now tour under an Equity Seta contract that pays a bonus if the show has a really good week, do cast members get financial information on the production or do they just get the bonus amount (possibly with Equity auditing the amounts)?

On an unrelated side note, Variety also used to publish regional theatre grosses each week.
"

Company members on tiered contracts who have earned overages are provided with a simple breakdown of the weekly guarantee/box office gross/producer's share/percentage of that share for the weeks that overages are due. 

Folks not on one of those contracts would only learn that sort of information if they happen to be particularly close with a company manager. 

Updated On: 7/24/17 at 08:41 PM

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/25/17 at 10:43am

CT2NYC said: "dramamama611 said: "CT2NYC said: "Is there anyone who can explain why DEH lists their top ticket price as $397 ($399 with the facility fee), when it seems pretty clear from the premium prices listed on Telecharge for this past weeks shows, as well as the posts on here from buyers who paid those prices, that they're getting $425+?"

COULD be:

1. They are buying RESALE (where the seller sets the price.)

2. They are buying tickets for a future date, and therefore not yet come into play.  In other words, tickets for 400+ performances haven't happened yet.

Nope, neither of these apply. Someone posted about buying a premium ticket on Telecharge for the evening show on Saturday, 7/22.  He paid $464 ($450 + fees). As far as what I've seen with my own eyes, there were some $425 tickets available on Telecharge for the matinee on 7/22, and I'm assuming that they sold at that price, since they were gone relatively quickly. I'll go with HogansHero's reason, that they just didn't bother to adjust the number.

Here's a screenshot of Telecharge:

https://imgur.com/a/vBo7d
"

I've been monitoring DEH for weeks and I keep seeing all manner of strangeness. If you look at the show's Event Overview page on Telecharge, it says "Price Range: $119.00 - $199.00", but when seats show up within the 4-days-prior range, they're routinely priced around $325-450. One day during the past week, I even saw seats on Telecharge priced at $825, which is awfully close to Hamilton territory.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

jtishere
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/25/17 at 11:33am

Really hoping Bandstand can hold on through fall. I'm planning on seeing it first week of September. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#32Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/25/17 at 2:33pm

The issue is that BroadwayWorld hasn't updated DEH's top ticket price on its Grosses (which is not unusual). No other conspiracy theory.

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#33Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/25/17 at 2:45pm

haterobics said: "The issue is that BroadwayWorld hasn't updated DEH's top ticket price on its Grosses (which is not unusual). No other conspiracy theory."

Yeah, there's really nothing spooky going on. The same thing happened with TGC during Groban's last week. 

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#34Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/25/17 at 3:37pm

haterobics said: "The issue is that BroadwayWorld hasn't updated DEH's top ticket price on its Grosses (which is not unusual). No other conspiracy theory.

Do you think it's BWW or the Broadway League, which actually compiles the data? Or possibly (and I think you've actually said this before), maybe it's the folks who provide the data to the League.

An interesting irony is that this past week, the percentage of potential weekly gross of DEH was higher than Hamilton's. Of course, that's only a result of Hamilton's potential gross being so high because of its incredibly high ticket prices. 

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

10086Sundays
#35Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/25/17 at 3:44pm

Broadway League says $397 as well, can't say as to whether it's their error or coming from those supplying them the numbers.

Broadway League DEH Grosses

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#36Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/25/17 at 4:07pm

10086Sundays said: "Broadway League says $397 as well, can't say as to whether it's their error or coming from those supplying them the numbers.

Broadway League DEH Grosses

If I had to hazard a guess it would be that whoever is supplying the numbers to the League just hasn't remembered to change the price of premiums on the form from $397 to $499. Means nothing, of course.

"

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

hork Profile Photo
hork
#37Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/25/17 at 5:13pm

The numbers for Kinky Boots are insane. I had no idea Brendon Urie had that kind of draw power.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#38Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/25/17 at 6:14pm

as has been repeatedly rehearsed here, the box office does its report and it then filters up the path to the GM, the League, and the media. Since no one cares about the top ticket price (it does not figure in any calculation, including those of interest to investors or those in the royalty pool) it is not always accurate. 

MadsonMelo
#39Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/26/17 at 2:25am

I would NEVER believed in anyone who told me Urie was going to be that big of a drawn to Kinky Boots, damn!

And those Miss Saigon's numbers.. ouch! thank god Mackintosh has deep pockets.

rg7759
#40Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/26/17 at 10:07am

No one is giving comet deserved credit for being extremely re-watchable, I'd argue the most rewatchable on Broadway. And stop obsessively betting on the next show to fail it's not cute.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#41Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/26/17 at 10:18am

rg7759 said: "No one is giving comet deserved credit for being extremely re-watchable, I'd argue the most rewatchable on Broadway. And stop obsessively betting on the next show to fail it's not cute."

re re-watchable, assuming that's true (and I won't argue the point), it's kinda irrelevant, because that's not what the show would need to become successful. 

re betting, I'm afraid you are arguing against human nature. Do you think the media should delete stock market reporting because if this is not cute neither is that. Or sports. Or the movies. etc. etc. It is the essence of commerce that we handicap and bet. If you are not interested in that (and that is absolutely fine) move on to something else.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#42Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17
Posted: 7/26/17 at 10:31am

Talking about shows closing isn't the same as wishing shows to close...and even if it was....so what?  

Shows open, shows close....most as flops. Talking about it is part of the biz.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.