pixeltracker

Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!- Page 16

Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#375Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 3:41pm

JBroadway said: "EDIT: Nevermind. I'd rather just stay out of this."

I think that a lot, and never follow through. Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!

PaulWom
#376Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 3:44pm

Would just like to say- to throw this out there. Getting a star isn't easy. It's easy in hindsight to ask why the production didn't just "get a star". I'm sure, as people posted on here before, they must've thought sales would pick up between when they cast Oak (January?) and now. With 12 Tony Noms, that doesn't seem like (my two cents) such a ridiculous thing to predict.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#377Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 3:49pm

Margo319 said: ""It really isn't clear at all. You're delusional, you're almost as bad as the Marc Platt guy honestly."

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Always calls racists out.  ALWAYS.  This poster wants a Broadway actor, a man of color, to NEVER work again?   Broadway has so few black men on Broadway as it stands.  Especially in leading roles.  You want to ruin one's career over.....ticket sales?  Yeah.  You are a racist.  And you can still be racist even when you are, in fact, a POC.  

You're a real bitch, I hope you know that.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#378Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 3:54pm

what some people need to do is.....

Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#380Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 3:58pm

I think the most telling thing about Oak's involvement is the fact that they had to delay his arrival after months of hype because he wasn't prepared.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

schubox
#381Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 4:05pm

I'm really glad I decided to fly in for Oatinkin now. I adore this show, I have tickets for December but it sounds like it won't make it. 

trpguyy
#382Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 4:09pm

Nice of Malloy to confirm what I wrote on the first page of this thread. 

schubox
#383Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 4:09pm

thealtoslament said: "An update from Dave Malloy via Twitter: 

https://twitter.com/dave_malloy/status/891014648962715648

as he tells it, the show was in dire financial straits after Ingrid Michaelson's scheduled departure and the producers asked Mandy to come in ASAP to save the show from closing. He acknowledges the racial optics but apologizes and insists it was not the intention at all. 

"

Just saw there were more. Sounds like Mandy is pretty upset about it all too. Like people said, it's rough for Oak and Mandy. Just a ****ty situation 

LxGstv
#384Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 4:10pm

leighmiserables said: "Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!

"

Thank you! I'm still laughing!!

bear88
#385Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 4:17pm

Producer Howard Kagan just apologized for how the situation was handled on the Great Comet Twitter account. He wrote that they're just trying to keep the show running, and hired Mandy Patinkin for that reason. Kagan said he didn't realize Oak would be upset, and thanks members of the theater community for their reaction. 'We regret our mistake deeply,' he added.

schubox
#386Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 4:19pm

bear88 said: "Producer Howard Kagan just apologized for how the situation was handled on the Great Comet Twitter account. He wrote that they're just trying to keep the show running, and hired Mandy Patinkin for that reason. Kagan said he didn't realize Oak would be upset, and thanks members of the theater community for their reaction. 'We regret our mistake deeply,' he added.

"

No one is going to believe he didn't think Oak would be upset, unless Kagan is a sociopath. Of course Oak would be upset. Just come out and say you respect Oak but you had to make a tough call. That's part of being a producer. Saying he didn't think he would be upset makes him look even more foolish 

#387Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 4:20pm

Yeah, it would be better if he said he didn't realize how upset the fans would be.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#388Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 4:21pm

So it is true that Oak threw a pissy fit when he realized that he wasn't an A-list Broadway star.  Funny that Ashford found herself in the same situation, but instead of starting a Twitter war, she acted like a professional and did what was in the best interest of the production.

bear88
#389Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 4:26pm

Double post

Updated On: 7/28/17 at 04:26 PM

thealtoslament Profile Photo
thealtoslament
#391Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 4:32pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "PATINKIN IS OUT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/27/theater/mandy-patinkin-oak-onaodowan-great-comet.html?smid=tw-share

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1103155&dt=6

"

Sweet f*cking Christ. This just gets crazier and crazier. So, the show's closing August 13, then, with Oak? With their advance being as terrible as it is (according to Malloy), I can't see much of a future beyond Ingrid Michaelson unless Groban comes back. 

Updated On: 7/28/17 at 04:32 PM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#392Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 5:22pm

This is just ridiculous.  Mandy's reasoning is stupid.  Oak was not "being harmed".  Sounds more like Mandy caved to the new peer pressure known as Twitter.  Personally, I think Twitter is incredibly unreliable at best and purposely harmful at worst.  All tweets deserve an eyeroll and nothing more...look no further than our Chief Cheeto as evidence.  The producers have royally screwed this show and now, the entire cast and creatives are the victims.  

So it is true that Oak threw a pissy fit when he realized that he wasn't an A-list Broadway star.  Funny that Ashford found herself in the same situation, but instead of starting a Twitter war, she acted like a professional and did what was in the best interest of the production.

You would have a great career as a defense attorney for Republican politicians.  Are you the new White House Chief of Staff?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#393Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 5:25pm

Updated On: 7/28/17 at 05:25 PM

Scrappygrrl
#394Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 5:34pm

I literally bought tickets yesterday for the 19th. Assuming show stays open, do I have any recourse?

this has turned into an absolute sh*tshow. because of how this was handled now everyone is going to be out of a job.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#395Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 6:03pm

Well, that's the other thing.  Now, they will have to start refunding ticket sales since the Mandy announcement for those dates.  Idiots, all of them.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

thedrybandit
#396Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 6:22pm

"I literally bought tickets yesterday for the 19th. Assuming show stays open, do I have any recourse?"

Looks like you do, yes.

https://twitter.com/GreatCometBway/status/891048635366072325

Updated On: 7/28/17 at 06:22 PM

Jarethan
#397Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 6:52pm

schubox said: "bear88 said: "Producer Howard Kagan just apologized for how the situation was handled on the Great Comet Twitter account. He wrote that they're just trying to keep the show running, and hired Mandy Patinkin for that reason. Kagan said he didn't realize Oak would be upset, and thanks members of the theater community for their reaction. 'We regret our mistake deeply,' he added.

"

No one is going to believe he didn't think Oak would be upset, unless Kagan is a sociopath. Of course Oak would be upset. Just come out and say you respect Oak but you had to make a tough call. That's part of being a producer. Saying he didn't think he would be upset makes him look even more foolish 

He's probably a Trump supporter!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#398Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 7:30pm

Scrappygrrl said: "I literally bought tickets yesterday for the 19th. Assuming show stays open, do I have any recourse?"

Sure, you can get a refund, since you bought it to see Mandy.

Jish
#399Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 7:36pm

If you are looking for somebody to feel sorry for in all this consider me - I subscribed to email alerts for this thread yesterday.