pixeltracker

Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?- Page 2

Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#25Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/23/17 at 2:23pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/05/theater/producer-explains-the-scrapping-of-funny-girl.html?mcubz=1

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

JIMG3
#26Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/23/17 at 2:46pm

Itonlytakesajourney said: "There is no basis to this other than "hey, we heard Lauren Ambrose might be Eliza Doolittle, so let's write a short article about it!" I am looking forward to see if Monday really is the day for the MFL casting, however. 

Not only is there a basis to this, it's a real possibility. So unless the person I was standing next to at call backs, was someone posing as Lauren Ambrose......

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#27Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/23/17 at 2:57pm

JIMG3 said: "Itonlytakesajourney said: "There is no basis to this other than "hey, we heard Lauren Ambrose might be Eliza Doolittle, so let's write a short article about it!" I am looking forward to see if Monday really is the day for the MFL casting, however. 

Not only is there a basis to this, it's a real possibility. So unless the person I was standing next to at call backs, was someone posing as Lauren Ambrose......

So is she really taking the role? Because everyone is acting like her being cast is 100% certain. She very well might be a strong contender, she may even be Eliza, but we don't know for certain. Is there more to Lauren Ambrose being cast, though? 

JIMG3
#28Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/23/17 at 3:29pm

No, it's not 100 percent certain. I was just trying to clarify that's it's not simply a rumor. Nothing is finalized until LCT makes an announcement. There's also the issue of who's going to play Higgins, obviously. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#29Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/23/17 at 3:38pm

Actually, nothing is finalized until contracts are signed.  LCT never has to make an announcement.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

JIMG3
#30Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/23/17 at 3:48pm

I didn't feel the need to refer to the obvious fact, that nothing is finalized until contracts are signed. I think most people posting here are aware of that. This is about information being made public, along with speculation about casting. 

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#31Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/23/17 at 3:56pm

This is old news. It was announced on TV a week ago.

JIMG3
#32Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/23/17 at 4:01pm

Announced by whom? Unless it was Andre Bishop, then it's not newsworthy. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#33Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/23/17 at 4:05pm

SmoothLover said: "This is old news. It was announced on TV a week ago.

"

its alt facts until it's from LCT

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

pupscotch
#34Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/23/17 at 6:16pm

I'll admit that I don't know much about Lauren Ambrose, but I can't seem to find any videos of her using her soprano. I'm sure it's lovely, but everything I've seen has been very belt-y. I still kind of wish it could be Ashley Park, but I'll still see it. Excited to see who they have for Higgins!

smidge
#35Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/23/17 at 7:34pm

SmoothLover said: "This is old news. It was announced on TV a week ago.

Are you referring to Frank Dilella? I didn't see it, but how definite was he? An official announcement certainly wouldn't come from Frank Dilella  

VintageSnarker
#36Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/23/17 at 7:45pm

smidge said: "SmoothLover said: "This is old news. It was announced on TV a week ago.

Are you referring to Frank Dilella? I didn't see it, but how definite was he? An official announcement certainly wouldn't come from Frank Dilella  

I don't think it was one of those weird Broadway whispers things (I think they scrapped that) but it was framed as a rumor. 

Buffalo Bill Profile Photo
Buffalo Bill
#37Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/26/17 at 11:09am

Uh, guys, Ambrose was probably the best Juliette I'll ever see in my lifetime. She certainly has done some wonderful, incredible things since Six Feet Under (which I also loved).  Here's her review from Brantley: 

"A battle of the elements is being pitched at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park, where “Romeo and Juliet” opened last night in a terrifically exciting new production, starring Lauren Ambrose as a Juliet truly to die for..."

From President Obama: "Over the years, musicals have been at the forefront of our social consciousness, challenging stereotypes, shaping our opinions about race and religion, death and disease, power and politics."

KathyNYC2
#38Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/26/17 at 11:37am

VintageSnarker said: "smidge said: "SmoothLover said: "This is old news. It was announced on TV a week ago.

I don't think it was one of those weird Broadway whispers things (I think they scrapped that) but it was framed as a rumor. 

"

I have the episode of NY1 where he spoke about this recorded.. and no they haven't done any of those weird Broadway whispers things lately. But what Frank D said "rumor has it that Bartlett Sher has found his Eliza Doolittle. Sources tell me..it's Lauren Ambrose...."  So no, no official word yet but he sounded very sure of himself. But yes nothing is certain until it's signed on the dotted line.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#39Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/26/17 at 12:19pm

Let's hope the end to all of this speculation comes on Monday. Only 48 hours to go. 

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#40Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/26/17 at 12:35pm

The Page Six article was referring to LAST Monday, I think, so nobody should be getting their hopes up for an announcement in 2 days.

Context (August 22) : "Ambrose’s manager told us last week, “Let’s talk on Monday.” We’re still waiting."

http://pagesix.com/2017/08/22/hbo-star-could-be-broadways-next-eliza-doolittle/

greenifyme2
#41Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/26/17 at 12:51pm

I had zero interest in My Fair Lady until the rumors started flying about Lauren. If she's in it, I'll definitely be going. She's amazing.

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#42Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/26/17 at 1:47pm

I can't help but feel a little of the same disappointment I felt when she was announced for FUNNY GIRL. We were all breathlessly throwing our possible Fannys and then, she was announced with a thud. But there's no question she's a better fit for Eliza than Fanny. So, it's a bit illogical.

But I still wish it had been Benanti.

Public User Profile Photo
Public User
#43Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/26/17 at 2:40pm

There still remains a bit of a mystery: why this particular actor of all people?  I really don't think she'd be on anyone else's short list for this role.  Oh well, let's hope she hits it out of the park and proves the critics wrong.  

Dollypop
#44Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/26/17 at 4:45pm

Let's just get Hugh Grant as Henry Higgins!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

JIMG3
#45Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/26/17 at 4:49pm

As a second or third choice to Colin Firth, perhaps. I'd have to chew on that for a bit......

JIMG3
#46Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/26/17 at 4:51pm

Public User said: "There still remains a bit of a mystery: why this particular actor of all people?  I really don't think she'd be on anyone else's short list for this role.  Oh well, let's hope she hits it out of the park and proves the critics wrong.  

Trust me, she will. She's far more talented than most people realise. 

"

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#47Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/28/17 at 6:31pm

Well, it's Monday. Still nothing?

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#48Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/28/17 at 8:24pm

I imagine that 4 out of 5 people will go, "Lauren who?" (Which is why Funny Girl got canceled), so they probably want to secure their more famous Higgins and then announce both roles at the same time. Could be a while.

neonlightsxo
#49Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle?
Posted: 8/28/17 at 8:53pm

Wasn't it LAST Monday they were supposed to tell us by?