pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 72

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

Relevance81491
#1775Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 3:43pm

Notreallysilent 2 said: "Relevance81491 said: "I have a question about tickets i purchased directly from the Box Office

where it lists facility Fee of $1.20 it also lists PSP $1.30

dose anyone know what PSP means in this context? Are BALCRF Row A 28-30 decent seats?
"

That’s onevery ticket that’s just a few. Those seats you will have to lean forward thiufh there is a picture on view from my seat. It won’t be bad oncf you lean. I sat in the box and the leaning isn’t too bad
"

are you telling me these are partial view seats? Im in a box? Is that what PCP means?  I just took what the attendant offered and ran

moira8
#1776Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 3:44pm

atuomala said: "I didn’t get them. Oh, well. I’ve already seen the show four times so I don’t mind someone else getting a chance."

Awww, sorry about that. I normally release them after I post here, but didn't realize I was holding on to them this time.

Notreallysilent 2
#1777Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 3:47pm

Relevance81491 said: "Notreallysilent 2 said: "Relevance81491 said: "I have a question about tickets i purchased directly from the Box Office

dose anyone know what PSP means in this context? Are BALCRF Row A 28-30 decent seats?
"

That’s onevery ticket that’s just a few. Those seats you will have to lean forward thiufh there is a picture on view from my seat. It won’t be bad oncf you lean. I sat in the box and the leaning isn’t too bad
"

are you telling me these are partial view seats? Im in a box? Is that what PCP means? I just took what the attendant offered and ran
"

No no you are not in the box, but you are on the side. PCP I’m not sure what it stands for but it has been on every one of my tickets, so your fine no need to worry about that.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#1778Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 4:06pm

Bumped into a friend last week when i saw it. He was sitting in the lower box second one back house left. He had seen the show in London and said there are two things he could not see from those box seats. One thing happens more than a few times.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 5/29/18 at 04:06 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1779Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 4:17pm

Relevance81491 said: "Notreallysilent 2 said: "Relevance81491 said: "I have a question about tickets i purchased directly from the Box Office

"

"

are you telling me these are partial view seats? Im in a box? Is that what PCP means? I just took what the attendant offered and ran
"

The reviews of those far-end row A balcony seats are not good. Apparently, if you sit back in your seat, it's completely obstructed. A booster seat should help, or else you'll probably have to sit forward the entire time. There's a review of seat A 25 on aviewfrommyseat.com. Did you get a decent deal on them?

Updated On: 5/29/18 at 04:17 PM

Fosse76
#1780Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 4:20pm

atuomala said: "I didn’t get them. Oh, well. I’ve already seen the show four times so I don’t mind someone else getting a chance."

Most likely the result of the system playing "catch-up" and identifying "better" seats. I admit that I don't know how the system is coded and how "best seat available" is actually determined, but holding these seats in a Ticketmaster account doesn't guaranty that they will be the best available when released. Or that the box office may find them faster during a transaction.

Relevance81491
#1781Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 4:45pm

CT2NYC said: "Relevance81491 said: "Notreallysilent 2 said: "Relevance81491 said: "I have a question about tickets i purchased directly from the Box Office

"

"

"

The reviews of those far-end row A balcony seats are not good. Apparently, if you sit back in your seat, it's completely obstructed. A booster seat should help, or else you'll probably have to sit forward the entire time. There's a review of seat A 25 on aviewfrommyseat.com. Did you get a decent deal on them?
"

$40PP.  It was the soonest I could see it for that price

I just got off the phone with a rep who assured me they were sold as full view.  Not going to worry about it, for $40, I knew i went getting the best seat in the house

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#1782Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 4:46pm

CT2NYC said: "Relevance81491 said: "Notreallysilent 2 said: "Relevance81491 said: "I have a question about tickets i purchased directly from the Box Office

"

"

"

"

I would assume it is the railing the obstructs the view. I was in row F house left in the balcony 3 seats off of the left aisle and the railing was a bit annoying but I found that i could sit back in my seat most of the time. Great view though. Someone in my row did have a booster seat.

Just give the world Love.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1783Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 4:55pm

Relevance81491 said: "CT2NYC said: "Relevance81491 said: "Notreallysilent 2 said: "Relevance81491 said: "I have a question about tickets i purchased directly from the Box Office

"

"

"

"

$40PP. It was the soonest I could see it for that price

I just got off the phone with a rep who assured me they were sold as full view. Not going to worry about it, for $40, I knew i went getting the best seat in the house"

That’s a great deal. Enjoy!

Myshmoopsiepoo
#1784Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 7:13pm

I noticed Broadway.com has the following notice:

For performances from 05/02/18 through 12/30/19, customers may purchase up to a total of 6 tickets.
Please adhere to the above published ticket limit. Persons who exceed the ticket limit will not be able to complete their purchase, or they may have any or all of their completed orders and tickets cancelled and refunds issued with or without notice by Broadway.com in its sole discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, phone number, IP address, credit card account or number, Gift Card account or purchaser, or other information.

Does this mean 6 tickets per show performance? Or if I buy 6 tickets for my family to see it I can't purchase any other cursed child tickets until after December 2019? I wonder... because that would be totally crazy- December 2019?!

michelle1993
#1785Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 7:19pm

Hi I have one extra ticket to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child for this week Thursday May 31st Part One and Friday June 1st Part Two. It is in the orchestra, I'm selling it for $400, less than what I got it for, and I can transfer it to you via Ticketmaster immediately. Message me if you're interested! 

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#1786Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 7:20pm

According to the official Cursed Child website, you can only purchase 6 tickets per transaction. They’re simply limiting how many tickets you can purchase in one transaction, and not how often/frequently you wish to see the show.

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#1787Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 7:30pm

Myshmoopsiepoo said: "I noticed Broadway.com has the following notice:

For performances from 05/02/18 through 12/30/19, customers may purchase up to a total of 6 tickets.
Please adhere to the above published ticket limit. Persons who exceed the ticket limit will not be able to complete their purchase, or they may have any or all of their completed orders and tickets cancelled and refunds issued with or without notice by Broadway.com in its sole discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, phone number, IP address, credit card account or number, Gift Card account or purchaser, or other information.

Does this mean 6 tickets per show performance? Or if I buy 6 tickets for my family to see it I can't purchase any other cursed child tickets until after December 2019? I wonder... because that would be totally crazy- December 2019?!
"

Broadway.com is an independent company selling tickets - on behalf of Cursed Child. They may have their own rules for purchasing tickets. They also have heftier per ticket fees.

Ticketmaster seems to have a 6 ticket per transaction limit from what can be found on the site.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

Notreallysilent 2
#1788Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 7:33pm

At one point I had more than 6 tickets total under my credit card, and nothing happened. Ticketmaster now is at least 6 tickets per transaction (I think the 6 tickets total was for the pre sales so they gave more people the chance to buy tickets). Thiufh, broadway.com might have different rules, and have a 6 ticket limit total. If your curious about broadway.com maybe try giving them a call and seeing what they say

HeatherAV
#1789Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 8:27pm

I know others have had better luck, but I was held to the 6 ticket total (not per transaction) limit.

Backstory: I purchased 6 tickets in one transaction when they originally went on sale.  Better seats came available about 3 months later.  I logged in using my husband's ticketmaster info (different name, different credit card, but same home address).  When I tried to buy them, it got all the way to the screen where you enter your credit card number and I hit "enter" - I got an error message saying I had exceeded my ticket limit for this show.  I even called customer service and escalated the issue to a manager who said there was nothing he could do.  I even explained I was trying to buy 6 and then return 6 and could he do it all in the same transaction because then I'll still only have purchased a total of 6 tickets and he not only couldn't help me but he said that even if I returned my first 6, I'd be blocked from buying another six.  I ultimately had a neighbor buy the tickets for me (her ticketmaster, her credit card, her billing address) and I paid her back then she transferred the tickets to me through ticketmaster.

Making a long story short - it seems others have been able to buy more than 6 tickets total but I was definitely NOT allowed.  Might be because I bought all 6 in one transaction.  It seems those who have been able to buy more than 6 did it in smaller transactions (two tickets in one purchase, two in another purchase, etc.).

Sigrun23
#1790Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/30/18 at 4:13am

I desperately need to buy one ticket for this Saturday or Sunday as it’s the only time I’m going to be in NYC in foreseeable future. I know that I should just constantly check TM site to catch something cheaper but the problem is the site doesn’t work in my country. I always get an error and can’t even check if any tickets are available. Is anyone selling their tickets for these dates? Or maybe someone will be willing to buy them for me and transfer them (of course after I transfer them money)?

hermionejuliet
#1791Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/30/18 at 6:57am

Sigrun23 said: "I desperately need to buy one ticket for this Saturday or Sunday as it’s the only time I’m going to be in NYC in foreseeable future. I know that I should just constantly check TM site to catch something cheaper but the problem is the site doesn’t work in my country. I always get an error and can’t even check if any tickets are available. Is anyone selling their tickets for these dates? Or maybe someone will be willing to buy them for me and transfer them (of course after I transfer them money)?"

You could call Ticketmaster if the site doesn't work. You could also check Stubhub, Broadway.com, or visit the box office/cancellation line when you get to town. Not all of these will have tickets in all price bands, but just throwing out some options. :) 

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1792Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/30/18 at 3:29pm

Orchestra J 23 is available on Ticketmaster for Tuesday 6/5, $130 per part.

vampire musical
#1793Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/30/18 at 4:22pm

Sigrun23 said: "I desperately need to buy one ticket for this Saturday or Sunday as it’s the only time I’m going to be in NYC in foreseeable future. I know that I should just constantly check TM site to catch something cheaper but the problem is the site doesn’t work in my country. I always get an error and can’t even check if any tickets are available. Is anyone selling their tickets for these dates? Or maybe someone will be willing to buy them for me and transfer them (of course after I transfer them money)?"

There are several VPN websites and apps that allow you to alter your ISP country of origin so you can view/use local sites as if you are in the country. TunnelBear is one that comes to mind. Good luck. 

Updated On: 5/30/18 at 04:22 PM

hermionejuliet
#1794Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/30/18 at 4:39pm

Currently August 22nd has a seat for $80 per part - Balcony Row E. I sat in balc row E recently and thought it was a great view! :)

Sigrun23
#1795Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/30/18 at 5:41pm

vampire musical said: "Sigrun23 said: "I desperately need to buy one ticket for this Saturday or Sunday as it’s the only time I’m going to be in NYC in foreseeable future. I know that I should just constantly check TM site to catch something cheaper but the problem is the site doesn’t work in my country. I always get an error and can’t even check if any tickets are available. Is anyone selling their tickets for these dates? Or maybe someone will be willing to buy them for me and transfer them (of course after I transfer them money)?"

There are several VPN websites and apps thatallow you to alter your ISP country of origin so you can view/use local sites as if you are in the country. TunnelBear is one that comes to mind. Good luck.

"

Thank you! It worked! I bought wonderful tickets!

michelle1993
#1796Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/30/18 at 7:03pm

Hi I have one extra ticket to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child for tomorrow Thursday May 31st Part One and Friday June 1st Part Two. It is in the orchestra, I'm selling it for $300, way less than what I got it for, and I can transfer it to you via Ticketmaster immediately after payment (Paypal or Venmo). Message me if you're interested! 

TorontoBroadwayFan
#1797Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/30/18 at 8:23pm

Sigrun23 said: "vampire musical said: "Sigrun23 said: "I desperately need to buy one ticket for this Saturday or Sunday as it’s the only time I’m going to be in NYC in foreseeable future. I know that I should just constantly check TM site to catch something cheaper but the problem is the site doesn’t work in my country. I always get an error and can’t even check if any tickets are available. Is anyone selling their tickets for these dates? Or maybe someone will be willing to buy them for me and transfer them (of course after I transfer them money)?"

There are several VPN websites and apps thatallow you to alter your ISP country of origin so you can view/use local sites as if you are in the country. TunnelBear is one that comes to mind. Good luck.

"

Thank you! It worked! I bought wonderful tickets!
"

Another happy camper thanks to this thread! Let’s keep the help and advice going everyone. 

ak72090
#1798Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/1/18 at 12:55am

Anyone sit in balcony left row D? I know there’s a railing behind row B, and I have a short girlfriend, and I hope the view isn’t too obstructed. We’re the very last seats on the end against the wall for reference.

amaklo
#1799Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/1/18 at 8:24am

I returned my October premium seats because I think they were overpriced based on current pricing and availability.  For the past couple of weeks I've been checking Ticketmaster's website for the two possible dates in October I can go, and the website keeps showing me the same seats, which I don't want.  Also, the website shows those two dates as "green" which supposedly means good availability, but only those same premium seats are available when I click through.

Has anyone called Ticketmaster and talked to an actual person about available tickets?  Do they give you a choice of seats, or do they try to sell you the same seats as the "best available" on the website?

As you may be able to tell, I'd like to see this show but am so annoyed with the ticketing I'm ready to forget about it if I can't get what I want.  

Videos