pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 96

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#2375Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 3/12/19 at 11:11pm

Thanks for the heads up, found a little trick already! If you search by 1 part at a time, it's easier to find tickets. Was just able to score 2 tix in row H of the balcony for $20/ part for the 1st night of the new cast!! If you searched both nights consecutively, those tix wouldn't come up. Hope this helps some people in the future!

Fosse76
#2376Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 3/13/19 at 10:28am

CT2NYC said: "Well, it took a year, but Ticketmaster is finally using an interactive seating chart for HP tickets."

Does anyone know why some seats have two different prices for the same performances? 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2377Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 3/13/19 at 11:56am

Fosse76 said: "CT2NYC said: "Well, it took a year, but Ticketmaster is finally using an interactive seating chart for HP tickets."

Does anyone know why some seats havetwo different prices for the same performances?
"

I didn't see what you're talking about, but it could be the price with/without the Ambassador Lounge amenity.

Fosse76
#2378Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 3/13/19 at 2:31pm

CT2NYC said: "Fosse76 said: "CT2NYC said: "Well, it took a year, but Ticketmaster is finally using an interactive seating chart for HP tickets."

Does anyone know why some seats havetwo different prices for the same performances?
"

I didn't see what you're talking about, but it could be the price with/without the Ambassador Lounge amenity.
"

It wasn't that. I thought maybe they were charging a slightly different price if you were only seeing one part, that wasn't it either. I wasn't able to replicate it on my computer, I only noticed it on the app on my phone. Strange.

Sahar3
#2379Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 3/16/19 at 4:45pm

Trying to decide between Orchestra row A seating and orchestra row J. Just not sure if A would be too close to the stage. Which one should we get for a better view?

Danielle0314
#2380Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 3/18/19 at 10:09am

Sahar3 said: "Trying to decide between Orchestra row A seating and orchestra row J. Just not sure if A would be too close to the stage.Which one should we getfor a better view?"

Row A for sure. I've sat A1 before, and to be that close is amazing. There's one moment you will need to sit up completely to see, and you'll haveta turn around to see another moment, but do row A for sure!

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#2381Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 3/25/19 at 10:53pm

Hoping someone can answer this for me - better seats at the same price point just opened up for the performance I'm attending. Will Ticketmaster swap my seats or is it a lost cause? 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

swingmode
#2382Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 3/26/19 at 12:09am

IdinaBellFoster said: "Hoping someone can answer this for me - better seats at the same price point just opened up for the performance I'm attending. Will Ticketmaster swap my seats or is it a lost cause?"

You honestly will just have to contact ticketmaster and see. despite their policy, they seem to treat this on a case by case basis. I know people who have had success (even when buying their ticket outside of the "refundable" window) and people who have not. If you're really adamant about it, I'd also try contacting the lyric box office directly as well. 

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#2383Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 3/26/19 at 12:52am

Just bought tickets for April. Paid $69.50 for each part in the orchestra. Not bad considering a friend of mine paid $1800 for herself and two nephews last year.

Lauren2
#2384Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 3/26/19 at 1:36am

I exchanged my tickets but I contacted the lyric theatre first. They are the ones you have to talk to and than deal with Ticketmaster. They were nice and let me exchange but I have no idea if they will do it again. I would contact them on one of the social media’s.

Lauren2
#2385Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 3/26/19 at 1:37am

I would say tickets are a little less expensive because the main cast is gone. They can still be expensive but I think that is one of the main reasons.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#2386Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 3/26/19 at 1:53am

The cast has very little to do with ticket sales. The general public want to see the show.

Lauren2
#2387Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 3/26/19 at 1:56am

Ok, but I am saying seats last year were like 50-100 per part more than they are now. Thats all I am saying. 

Fosse76
#2388Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 3/26/19 at 2:32am

Lauren2 said: "Ok, but I am saying seats last year were like 50-100 per part more than they are now. Thats all I am saying."

Prices have been trending downward for several months. Dynamic pricing had made tickets available at higher and lower prices. It has absolutely nothing to do with the cast.

Dani0995
#2389Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 3/26/19 at 2:40am

I saw the original cast (with a friend) and it was like 400 dollars less than what the seats are going for now. I think it depends on if there is a special on ticket prices and stuff

For Cursed Child I think the franchise is what sells tickets over original cast (though obviously that was a draw for people otherwise why would they have put the effort in getting them over to Broadway to open the show)

IdinaBellFoster
#2390Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 3/26/19 at 10:16am

Lauren2 said: "I exchanged my tickets but I contacted the lyric theatre first. They are the ones you have to talk to and than deal with Ticketmaster. They were nice and let me exchange but I have no idea if they will do it again. I would contact them on one of the social media’s."

Thank you! I messaged them.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

IdinaBellFoster
#2391Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 3/26/19 at 10:42am

The Lyric said no FYI.

Regardless, the tickets are now gone.

WickedLinds
#2392Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 4/15/19 at 5:49pm

They just quietly released tickets for October and November, plenty of $40/part seats available. Orchestra row X and Y 1-4 on the aisle are $69-76/part, depending on the day of the week. Interesting that they've seemingly stopped making big announcements about a new bucket being released.

kiwismith
#2393Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/31/19 at 2:50pm

Seat question - re: Dress Circle Right, A2.  Does anyone know if the view from Dress Circle Right, A2 is somewhat blocked by the tall safety rail at the end of the bottom of the stairs?  (You can see a guy leaning on it at the far left of this photo:  https://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/large-photo/89293/Lyric+Theatre/section-Dress%20Circle%20R/row-E/seat-12%20and%2014/)  I usually love front row Mezz, but don't want to be looking through bars.  Another option for our dates is the third dress circle box on right. (Box F, formerly know as Box C right)

Your opinions appreciated!

kiwi

Fosse76
#2394Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/31/19 at 4:01pm

kiwismith said: "Seat question - re: Dress Circle Right, A2. Does anyone know if the view from Dress Circle Right, A2 is somewhat blocked by the tall safety rail at the end of the bottom of thestairs? "

I don't think so. I've sat in A119 and didn't notice that anyone in that seat was complaining or having issues. I think the mezz is far enough away from the stage, and curved enough to not make it a problem. 

kiwismith
#2395Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/31/19 at 6:02pm

Thank you, Fosse76!

Alice147
#2396Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/3/19 at 6:40am

"Does anyone know if the view from Dress Circle Right, A2 is somewhat blocked by the tall safety rail at the end of the bottom of the stairs?"

I don't think it's too much of a problem; I think the safety rail in the Balcony is more restrictive out of the two? A2 is nice and central as well so you won't miss out from the curve at the sides of the section. 

I don't have a pic of A2 to hand as an example but we have A3 on our website here, which shows how wide the view is. 

I hope you enjoy the show! 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2397Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/3/19 at 8:35am

kiwismith said: "Seat question - re: Dress Circle Right, A2. Does anyone know if the view from Dress Circle Right, A2 is somewhat blocked by the tall safety rail at the end of the bottom of thestairs?"

Because of the dress circle's curve, and the fact that it's set back a bit from the stage, that railing doesn't obstruct.

bwiflyer Profile Photo
bwiflyer
#2398Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 9/4/19 at 12:09pm

Just to provide some recent update.  We have been shopping tickets for this show for a bit but figured we wouldn't go because it was too pricey (a few months in advance Dress Circle L seats were $189.50 per part). We were excited when the show announced it was participating for the first time in the BOGO Broadway Week this year, but unfortunately our date was not included in spite of about 50-60% of the seats still being unsold.  Well imagine our surprise when 3 weeks out, the $189 tickets were now down to $99 per part. We changed our previous plans and jumped on those thinking that was the best option without doing a lottery.  A week later, even better tickets than ours were made available at $99 per part. Then a few days after that, similar tickets to ours dropped to $89 per part.  And today (less than a week out), similar tickets to ours are now down to $69 per part.  I suppose it isn't news to anyone here, but for me, this constantly changing dynamic pricing (down 65%) from the actual advance box office has been a real eye opener.  

I did try calling Ticketmaster to just change my seats to better options that were now for sale at the same/ less than what I paid, but they indicated the Potter producers don't allow it for this show.

Anyhow, FYI for those who come after me........

Caye2
#2399Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 9/8/19 at 12:39am

What is the policy on post-dating Harry Potter tickets?  Do they allow it?  Has anyone tried post-dating their tickets?