pixeltracker

The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions- Page 5

The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions

CPannullo
#100The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 8/7/18 at 11:32pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "I just want to point out how many theaters are currently vacant for Spring 2019: Booth, Cort, Golden, Imperial, Lyceum, Marquis, Walter Kerr, and Winter Garden (eight total).

And very possibly the Al Hirschfeld, Belasco, Circle in the Square, Hudson, Lunt-Fontanne, and the Sondheim (another six).

Lots of real estate shifting these days.
"

I’d also throw in the possibility of the Brooks Atkinson based on posts I’ve seen. I guess we’ll find out how Waitress does without a name post Katharine 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#101The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 8/7/18 at 11:36pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "I just want to point out how many theaters are currently vacant for Spring 2019: Booth, Cort, Golden, Imperial, Lyceum, Marquis, Walter Kerr, and Winter Garden (eight total).

And very possibly the Al Hirschfeld, Belasco, Circle in the Square, Hudson, Lunt-Fontanne, and the Sondheim (another six)."

Thanks for that! I do have trouble keeping up. While we're at it, would you mind editing the original list and add the theatre next to each show? I know the information is out there, but it'd be nice to have it all in one place - and I do look at this list sometimes to remind myself what's confirmed. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#102The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 8/7/18 at 11:37pm

JBroadway said: "Thanks for that! I do have trouble keeping up. While we're at it, would you mind editing the original list and add the theatre next to eachshow? I know the information is out there, but it'd be nice to have it all in one place - and I do look at this list sometimes to remind myself what's confirmed."

Smart idea! I'm on it The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions

BroadwayConcierge
#103The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 8/8/18 at 12:01pm

List updated with Network announcement.

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#104The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 8/8/18 at 12:06pm

Damn, musicals are really abysmal this season. Like...where are they?

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#105The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 8/8/18 at 12:29pm

Theres 7 musicals this season (Including revival) and 3 of them have already begun performances. Last season was weak but it looks like its gonna beat out this season.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

BroadwayConcierge
#106The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 8/9/18 at 11:35am

List updated with Tootsie announcement.

Updated On: 8/9/18 at 11:35 AM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#107The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 8/14/18 at 10:03am

There's currently 6 theaters available for the Spring: Imperial, Lyceum, Winter Garden, Golden, Walter Kerr & Booth. Based on grosses and reports/rumors, there could be 7 more available as well: Sondheim, Belasco, Hudson, Hirschfeld, Circle in the Square, Lunt-Fontanne, Brooks Atkinson. The Shubert will be available, but the likelihood of something moving in there in time for the Tony cut-off seems unlikely(Mockingbird closes March 17).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BroadwayConcierge
#108The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 8/23/18 at 8:53pm

List updated with Ain't Too Proud announcement.

BroadwayConcierge
#109The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 9/5/18 at 10:03am

List updated with Be More Chill announcement.

BroadwayConcierge
#110The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 9/6/18 at 4:27pm

List updated with Beetlejuice announcement.

Updated On: 9/6/18 at 04:27 PM

mlsheehan Profile Photo
mlsheehan
#111The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 9/6/18 at 4:57pm

Just have to chime in and say that I thank you for keeping this list up to date with all the announcements!

Thanks and keep up the good work.

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#112The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 9/6/18 at 5:00pm

Thank you for keeping this list updated! 

We finally have many new musicals lined up.... if they're any good is still up for debate. Now where are all the revivals at?!

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#113The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 9/6/18 at 5:13pm

I'm loving that we've gotten so much confirmation over the last couple of days for musicals. This seems like it'll be a fun season. 

Are there any musical revivals even rumored? 

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#114The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 9/6/18 at 5:20pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "I'm loving that we've gotten so much confirmation over the last couple of days for musicals. This seems like it'll be a fun season.

Are there any musicalrevivals even rumored?
"

Crazy for You? The Secret Garden? Fiddler on the Roof? Anyone have any info?

YvanEhtNioj
#115The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 9/6/18 at 5:30pm

HenryTDobson said: "

Crazy for You? The Secret Garden? Fiddler on the Roof? Anyone have any info?"

Pero, like..didn't we just have a Fiddler revival? Is there some special reason it might be coming back after only 3 years? 

Updated On: 9/6/18 at 05:30 PM

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#116The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 9/6/18 at 5:35pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "Are there any musical revivals even rumored?"

Aside from KISS ME, KATE...

Someone on the other thread claims DREAMGIRLS is waiting because of Amber Riley's schedule.

CRAZY FOR YOU if they can get the money and a theatre? But it would probably have to open in the fall or winter: Stroman's LITTLE DANCER at the 5th Avenue starts NYC rehearsals February 7, performances in Seattle March 22 and opens April 5. A lot of these "available" theatres seem too small for Crazy For You, and at this point I can't imagine the Lunt will be available before January.

YvanEhtNioj
#117The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 9/6/18 at 5:39pm

SomethingPeculiar said: "

Someone on the other thread claims DREAMGIRLS is waiting because of Amber Riley's schedule.

CRAZY FOR YOU if they can get the money and a theatre? But it would probablyhave to open in the fall or winter: Stroman's LITTLE DANCER at the 5th Avenuestarts NYC rehearsals February 7, performances in Seattle March 22 and opens April 5. A lot of these "available" theatres seem too small for Crazy For You,and at this point I can't imaginethe Lunt will be availablebefore January.
"

Thank you!

I saw about Dreamgirls. With so few revivals I think this would be the perfect time. 

Elegance101
#118The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 9/6/18 at 6:02pm

I didn't think this would happen, but I feel like no other musical revival will end up opening. If we haven't heard even rumblings by now, I'm not feeling too confident.

BroadwayConcierge
#119The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 9/6/18 at 6:02pm

My pleasure, to the kind users who thanked me!

BroadwayMan5
#120The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 9/6/18 at 6:03pm

ACL2006 said: "The Shubert will be available, but the likelihood of something moving in there in time for the Tony cut-off seems unlikely(Mockingbird closes March 17)."

Is that confirmed? I know that's all it's on sale for now but is it possible/likely it will extend?

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#121The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 9/6/18 at 6:08pm

I hope this production of Fiddler comes in. It's the best production of this musical that I've ever seen and it would be phenomenal in Circle in the Square. They could bring in a star for Tevye, maybe Mandy Patinkin, and it would probably do pretty well as a limited run. In such a weak season for musical revivals, it might be a good idea.

Elegance101
#122The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 9/6/18 at 6:52pm

BroadwayMan5 said: "ACL2006 said: "The Shubert will be available, but the likelihood of something moving in there in time for the Tony cut-off seems unlikely(Mockingbird closes March 17)."

Is that confirmed? I know that's all it's on sale for now but is it possible/likely it will extend?
"

I thought I heard tickets were on sale until June 9, but not to the general public. I'm not totally sure, could someone with more information clarify?

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#123The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 9/6/18 at 7:31pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "SomethingPeculiar said: "

CRAZY FOR YOU if they can get the money and a theatre? But it would probablyhave to open in the fall or winter: Stroman's LITTLE DANCER at the 5th Avenuestarts NYC rehearsals February 7, performances in Seattle March 22 and opens April 5. A lot of these "available" theatres seem too small for Crazy For You,and at this point I can't imaginethe Lunt will be availablebefore January.
"

Thank you!

I saw about Dreamgirls. With so few revivals I think this would be the perfect time.
"

I saw Little Dancer (which I keep calling Tiny Dancer; Sorry, Elton) in D.C. and at least then it was not ready for Broadway. 

Elegance101
#124The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
Posted: 9/6/18 at 7:48pm

Even so, Little Dancer will take up Stroman's time this spring, which makes Crazy For You not likely for this season.