pixeltracker

The BWW Tech Support Thread- Page 7

The BWW Tech Support Thread

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#150The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 4/28/23 at 7:30am

Because the banner, where things are listed, I cannot search or even start a new thread from my android app.  Its been like this for ages. Here's a pix of where i SHOULD be able to switch boards,, search or start a new thread.. Dont know if this will work.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 4/28/23 at 07:30 AM

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#151The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 4/28/23 at 11:59am

God this giant auto playing ad that covers the entire top part of the board when reading in my phone makes me not want to even bother coming here. This is the worst designed forum I’ve been to.

And now there is some weird thing in Safari where the page takes a while to scroll down.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#152The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 4/28/23 at 12:17pm

Looks like the ads popping up after a video starts is still happening. It is really annoying. If it is a Youtube video, I just go to Youtube now. 

Just give the world Love.

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#153The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 4/28/23 at 5:06pm

This is minor, but the emojis have gone a bit janky-looking lately. They look fine in the editing window, but go a bit odd when actually posted.

smileysadwink

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#154The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 4/28/23 at 5:33pm

uncageg said: "Looks like the ads popping up after a video starts is still happening. It is really annoying. If it is a Youtube video, I just go to Youtube now."

Going on to this site has become annoying each and everytime what's with all the adds, pop ups. It's really become a terrible site because of the annoyance everytime you go on! Never used to be this way! I say the same thing...why bother today but BWW doesn't seem to care one bit!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#155The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 4/28/23 at 5:56pm

Robbie2 said: "uncageg said: "Looks like the ads popping up after a video starts is still happening. It is really annoying. If it is a Youtube video, I just go to Youtube now."

Going on to this site has become annoying each and everytime what's with all the adds, pop ups. It's really become a terrible site because of the annoyance everytime you go on! Never used to be this way! I say the same thing...why bother today but BWW doesn't seem to care one bit!
"

They notice they'll just delete your post and ban you for a week.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#156The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 6/20/23 at 2:17pm

My app on my iphone has stopped signing me in and I can't sign in. I deleted and reinstalled without success. I tried using the safari search to pull up the site - but again, I can't sign in. There is a spot to touch to "sign in" but it is "black" and does not send me to a spot to "sign in". The "register" lin also doesn't work. 

UPDATE: PROBLEM IS NOW RESOLVED

Updated On: 7/24/23 at 02:17 PM

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#157The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 7/23/23 at 11:00pm

What is it with this insufferable website that auto-refreshes as you’re scrolling down the list of board threads before crashing completely with an error message of: 

A problem repeatedly occurred on "https://forum.broadwayworld.com/"

FIX IT, JESUS!

TarHeelAlan
#158The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 7/24/23 at 9:53am

Last few days, whenever I do a search of chat posts, it returns a number of hits, but when I click on any hit, I'm taken back to the main chat board. I've not been able to actually read any results from a search. 

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#159The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 7/24/23 at 10:46am

@TarHeelAlan - can you please email us contact(at)broadwayworld.com with a few specifics so we can replicate and fix? 

and ditto @dshnookie - that shouldn't be happening... If you can email us some info on your configuration (device/browser) we'll look into that as well. 

TarHeelAlan
#160The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 8/11/23 at 11:12am

Recent issues:

1. After composing a message and clicking "Preview" to review the post, then clicking "Post Message" while on the preview page does nothing--it does not post the message.

2. Repeating this request for a fix: After doing a "Subject & Message" search, there is no way to click on one of the hits and be taken directly to that particular post. Instead, you're taken to the very beginning of the thread. That's OK if there are only a few posts in the thread, but useless if there are 37 pages!

3. It would be very helpful if you would stick a link to this thread on the main page, perhaps next to the link for "Report Abuse." Just add a "Contact Tech Support" link.

Thanks.  

Updated On: 8/12/23 at 11:12 AM

dramamama611
#161The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 9/7/23 at 2:59pm

The app on android has become UNRESPONSIVE. This started yesterday, at least one other android user has the same problem.

Getting the error message: unable to load application

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#162The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 9/8/23 at 3:08am

Has the Off-Topic chat board been removed?

UPDATE: I was able to find it, but it doesn’t show up in the Chat pull-down listing.

Updated On: 9/8/23 at 03:08 AM

ghostlight2
#163The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 9/13/23 at 12:26pm

Probably more of a mod thing than tech, but what does it take for a poster to be banned, or a thread get deleted? Last week, there was a migrant/Broadway thread that went on for 7 pages and at least a week. The OP had posted the same thing on the off topic board 2 years before.

It was a troll thread from the start. The thread was full of name-calling, migrant-bashing, politics...and had nothing to do with Broadway. It was divisive and ugly.

One poster attempted to doxx me, and was stalking another poster on another forum. A couple of the more egregious posts got deleted, but I reported it in its first day, pointing to the post from 2 years before, and it took a week to delete it.

Why did that take so long and how can we make that happen faster in the future?

eta: this IS a tech thing. When something is reported to the mods, you get a message saying that someone will get back to you within 24 hours. In two decades, that has never happened to me. Maybe remove that?

:)

Updated On: 9/13/23 at 12:26 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#164The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 9/13/23 at 12:37pm

I think Rob was on vacation last week and only the bare bones staff or just teen interns were working. That is, quite literally, the only reason why a thread that has nothing to do with theater, and is openly racist, sexist, threatening and in violation of every single rule on this website would stand for so long.

ghostlight2
#165The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 9/13/23 at 1:39pm

All due respect, you don't know that for sure, and this and much worse has happened in the past. I'd like to hear from BWW about this. At least three of those posters ought to have been banned years ago.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#166The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 9/13/23 at 1:49pm

I'm really sorry that happened to you (doxxing), how awful. I truly hope you hear from them about it but I'm not holding my breath. It just depends on who is working that day and their personal beliefs, apparently. 

dramamama611
#167The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 9/13/23 at 3:01pm

Still waiting for a fix to the android app.... still not working.... see post #161.

Updated On: 9/18/23 at 03:01 PM

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#168The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 9/13/23 at 4:00pm

My understanding is doxxing is posting private information and revealing someone's home location. It is not calling someone by their first name (no last) when this person uses the same screen name across all of social media. If you don't want people to connect the dots or remember your screenname, might I suggest changing it to allow for the anonymity you want? Not being snarky, but responding!

dox

/däks/

verb

INFORMAL

gerund or present participle: doxxing

1. search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the internet

"hackers and online vigilantes routinely dox both public and private figures"

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12
Updated On: 9/13/23 at 04:00 PM

ghostlight2
#169The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 9/13/23 at 6:23pm

"My understanding is doxxing is posting private information and revealing someone's home location. It is not calling someone by their first name (no last) when this person uses the same screen name across all of social media. If you don't want people to connect the dots or remember your screenname, might I suggest changing it to allow for the anonymity you want? Not being snarky, but responding!"

Since you don't accept PMs, Voter, I have no choice but to respond here. I use the screen name "ghostlight" on BWW only. Nowhere else, ever. I have very little social media presence.

I am not whoever you think I am - but that's not the point. You thought you knew who I was, and used what you thought was my real first name in a post on an anonymous board. That's like wielding a weapon. You were willing to do that to someone.

Had you been correct, that would have been terrifying . A nameless someone on a board I've been posting on for two decades knows who I am. What else do they know? What might they do with the information? Who else now can guess because my first name was given out?

You get the idea. It was a creepy and intimidating thing to do, and I'd suggest that you stop doing it. Also maybe stop stalking other posters on other forums. It's weird - plus, you aren't good at it. You were wrong.

I wish you had accepted PMs. I hadn't wanted to out you. Since you outed yourself, I may as well out the other two: Broadway Flash, the OP of the thread in question, and Broadway Patriot, both well-known for right wing trolling. Broadway Patriot had two pretty awful, very long and unhinged rants deleted..

I won't be responding further in this thread to other posters, and ask that no one else comments on it here. This thread is not meant for this kind of back and forth. Feel free to send me a PM.

Have a good evening, all.

eta: your point about being cautious with what you reveal of yourself online is a good reminder. I thank you for that.

Updated On: 9/13/23 at 06:23 PM

dramamama611
#170The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 9/21/23 at 8:35am

Hey Rob! It's been two weeks since I posted about issues with the app for android...see posts #161&167. 

Its a pain to have to use a browser on my phone. If you're not going to fix it, that's fine, but at least respond in some way, it's nice to know that this is on someone's radar. 

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#171The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 9/21/23 at 9:28am

I am having the same problem as dramamama611...still

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

dramamama611
#172The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/4/23 at 8:16pm

Now its been 4 weeks since we first alerted you to the problem, and no fix, no comments, no sign that anyone there cares.

Oh, and now the search feature for the boards refused to actually search ( I could type in the search word and choose between subj only and subj/body... but it wouldn't actually DO anything.)

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#173The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/17/23 at 2:58pm

The "back to the message board" button is not working on Desktop when reading a thread.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#174The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/17/23 at 3:44pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "The "back to the message board" button is not working on Desktop when reading a thread."

I’m experiencing this on both desktop and mobile- it just takes you back to the top of the thread. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Videos