pixeltracker

DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!- Page 2

DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!

Margo319
#25DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 1:52pm

My friend got a single ticket for today's performance, and woke up incredibly sick.  She almost passed out trying to get up and go to this, but she just gave up.  She offered me her ticket if I bring "supplies" for her terrible cold/flu so it seems like a fair exchange.  I'm just hanging out at Becco waiting for the show.  I'm so happy for Ben, and all he accomplished with this role.  I am also very, very happy he will get a huge break from people coming up to him and weighing him down with their stories.  The People magazine article was upsetting, and I think when he's back in LA, a lot less people will just randomly come up to him and do that.  I always admired Mike, and his ability to tell people no and make people aware that they are not grief counselors.  

I think the day Lin, Pippa, and Leslie left was far more powerful.  To lose three central, incredible original cast members in one day was a big, big event.  Hamilton has been the biggest show in the world for almost 3 years.  

I hope everyone has an amazing time today, and the cast can get through it.  Since they are incredible professionals, pretty sure they can pull it off!  Have a wonderful time everyone, no cell phones please!  

heart

Updated On: 11/19/17 at 01:52 PM

StefanieBway<3
#26DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 2:32pm

northlandfan said: "For those of you going today and happen to pass by the merch table please let me know what autographed items they have for sale ( for bcefa fundraising)and their prices.
Please let me know if they have started to sell the new hardcover book and the new vinyl with the unreleased song on it at the theater.
As well if anyone can please tell me if they are still selling the white beach blanket with the show name and step into the sun lettering on it and at what cost. Thank you!
"

They definitely have the towels still, I saw them there last night but didn’t catch the price. I did. Hear from another thread (cancellation thread) that last nights performance may have been the last for the BCEFA autographed items... 

hope that helps!

he was AMAZING last night!

schubox
#27DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 3:18pm

IlanaKeller said: "Social media roundup of tributes if anyone's interested. Folks like Lin-Manuel Miranda, Josh Groban and Hillary Clinton weigh in.

http://www.app.com/story/entertainment/theater/2017/11/19/ben-platt-leaves-dear-evan-hansen/878765001/

"

Glad that Erivo found a way to make it about her 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#28DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 3:28pm

schubox said: "Glad that Erivo found a way to make it about her"

Where are you misinterpreting that from this?

"To my love @BenSPLATT tomorrow you come to the end of a wonderful, painful, full, life and heart altering journey. I can not explain how you may feel when the chords for your last song plays, but i can say you will fight through it, and it will be magical, because my love I know that the heartbreak and the loss and the tears you give are real. I know that because you understood they were real for me. We are kindred spirits and I have been rooting for you from the beginning. You’re so close The rest that is coming for you is more than earned, but the LIFE you are about to embark on is destined. I love you sweetheart, I’m so so so proud of you, I’m sending you so much great energy to lift you through it all. Love and light and luck to you darling @BenSPLATT ??"

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#29DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 3:31pm

It does read very "I know what you are going through because I went through it first, remember that everybody?" 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#30DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 3:35pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "It does read very "I know what you are going through because I went through it first, remember that everybody?""

She did have a heavy, emotional role, as well, and they are seemingly friends?! But I guess if you want to read everything for slights and mini-aggressions, you can always find it...

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#31DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 3:40pm

I’m still not a fan of Cynthia, but that was really sweet. I just hope ben doesn’t get what Cynthia has psicswiws aka: post show I can say whatever I want syndrom. Edit: perhaps I should be more specific. I can say whatever I want towards broadway shows who aren’t racist in the slightest syndrome.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 11/19/17 at 03:40 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#32DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 3:46pm

Poor Ben seemingly didn't even know he was being expertly trolled, only replying: I love you darling ????"

AllThatJazz2
#33DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 4:26pm

StefanieBway said: "northlandfan said: "For those of you going today and happen to pass by the merch table please let me know what autographed items they have for sale ( for bcefa fundraising)and their prices.
Please let me know if they have started to sell the new hardcover book and the new vinyl with the unreleased song on it at the theater.
As well if anyone can please tell me if they are still selling the white beach blanket with the show name and step into the sun lettering on it and at what cost. Thank you!
"

They definitely have the towels still, I saw them there last night but didn’t catch the price. I did. Hear from another thread (cancellation thread) that last nights performance may have been the last for the BCEFA autographed items...

hope that helps!

he was AMAZING last night!
"

Towels were still being sold last night and the price was $40 (I may have bought one lol).

Ben did say last night that he was keeping his cast from tonight’s performance as a memento, so if any auction does occur, that will not be offered. Last night Evan’s cast ended up auctioned for a cool $35,000. 

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#34DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 4:51pm

Is it not intermission yet????

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#35DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 5:07pm

Apparently the stagedoor line is all the way to 8th avenue 

Call_me_jorge
#36DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 5:07pm

ethan231h said: "Is it not intermission yet????"

I know!! I’ve been like stalking all the Instagrams of the cast and there’s not one peep. I did read someone said the entire audience lost their shït at the end.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#37DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 5:12pm

Call_me_jorge said: "ethan231h said: "Is it not intermission yet????"

I know!! I’ve been like stalking all the Instagrams of the cast and there’s not one peep. I did read someone said the entire audience lost their shïtat the end.
"

explain

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#38DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 5:32pm

This is just a guess.....but maybe there was a shorter intermission because the show already ran longer and their is NOTHING on these boards, IG, Twitter, Facebook, All That Chat.....

Update!!!
found this
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbsa0ArHQi3/?taken-at=914528907

https://www.pscp.tv/BrigidNYC/1zqJVMpdXqMGB?t=1

Updated On: 11/19/17 at 05:32 PM

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#39DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 6:02pm

TheSassySam said: "Has there ever been a final performance (pre-social media) with as muchhype as this one?

The Producers in 2002 had quite the same coverage when Lane and Broderick left.  

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

youwillbefound2 Profile Photo
youwillbefound2
#40DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 6:06pm

There are videos of Ben's final bow on @boatashore 's Instagram story.

Margo319
#41DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 6:10pm

What a magical, emotional, stunning performance by the entire cast.  We all made it though.  heart

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#42DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 6:11pm

Margo319 said: "What a magical, emotional, stunning performance by the entire cast. We all made it though.heart"

Any standing O's? anything special besides the many encores of the curtain call?

BwayCan
#43DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 6:14pm

Recording of bows and Ben's curtain calls

https://www.pscp.tv/BrigidNYC/1zqJVMpdXqMGB?t=2

Call_me_jorge
#44DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 6:19pm

It’s kind of sweet they didn’t do any big speech. Evans final speech in the show speaks for itself.

IlanaKeller
#45DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 6:42pm

Mr. Platt addressed fans outside the Music Box, video from Twitter here:

http://www.app.com/story/entertainment/theater/2017/11/19/ben-platt-leaves-dear-evan-hansen/878765001/

Twitter: @IlanaKeller Latest work: app.com/topic/asbury-park-broadway/

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#46DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 6:47pm

Call_me_jorge said: "I did read someone said the entire audience lost their shït at the end."

Was there ever any doubt that would happen?!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#47DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 7:00pm

ethan231h said: "Margo319 said: "What a magical, emotional, stunning performance by the entire cast. We all made it though.heart"

Any standing O's? anything special besides the many encores of the curtain call?
"

There was a standing O at the start of the show, during which Ben tried (and failed) to hold back tears.

Margo319
#48DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 7:01pm

Yes, when Ben came onto the stage, there was probably about a 5 or 6 minute standing ovation.  It was wonderful.  I loved that there were no speeches at the end, just many curtain calls.  The applause was ever present, the room was full of love, and it was just a perfect, perfect afternoon.  I did not stay for the stage door but I'm happy that he thanked his fans, then went back inside to his entire family that were there today.  There's not much more I can say.  Yep.  

Words Fail. 

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#49DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 7:06pm

Do you mean 5 or 6 minutes for his final bow or for his opening appearance? Hard time believing it would’ve been allowed to last that long at the beginning.