pixeltracker

Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit- Page 4

Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit

n2ninvisible78
#75Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/14/18 at 11:19am

I also called and was told that they don't know anything yet and don't know when they will know anything. They said there is no guarantee that those who have tickets for the first preview will be able to see the new first preview in the event that they need to change the date. 

After looking forward to seeing the first performance of a show for almost 6 months, this is not what I wanted to hear from the production. Hopefully they are able to secure the stage and also come up with a plan to accommodate those who have tickets for any performances effected. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#76Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/14/18 at 11:27am

I'm sure they will do whatever they can to accommodate as many people as possible, but there is no way they'd be able to move everyone with tickets for the first preview to the evening that seemingly, will become the first preview. If they can't find a date that works for you, they will refund your money.  (Make sure you fight to have any fees reimbursed, too.)

With early previews, you always run a risk that they will have to cancel....sometimes the actors aren't ready, or the set, or a million other things.  (Doesn't make it stink any less.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ren598
#77Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/14/18 at 6:52pm

n2ninvisible78 said: "I also called and was told that they don't know anything yet and don't know when they will know anything. They saidthere is no guarantee that those who have tickets for the first preview will be able to see the new first preview in the event that they need to change the date.

After looking forward to seeing the first performance of a show for almost 6 months, this is not what I wanted to hear from the production. Hopefully they are able to secure the stage and also come up with a plan to accommodate those who have tickets for any performances effected.
"

Same situation here.  I have tickets for June 27 first row of the dress circle.  Was really loooking forward to being at the first performance of this show.  Looking at what seats are available for the probable new first performance on 7/7, it’s unlikely I’ll get seats as good.  I would be very disappointed if it was delayed, but I also want them to be ready that first show.  With so much riding on this show, they have to be ready.  First impression will make or break this production.

MakeThemHearYou2 Profile Photo
MakeThemHearYou2
#78Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/17/18 at 1:35pm

From the theatre's Facebook profile:

The @EmColonial box office, originally scheduled to open Monday, June 18, will now open for in-person purchases on Wednesday, June 27, following a 9:30 a.m. #BoxOffice opening event. #boston #bosarts #colonialtheatre #emersoncolonial @MoulinRougeBDWY

Doesn't sound great, I wonder what caused the delay on that front.

I think it's really bad they still haven't announced anything about cancellations. I understand they are still working things out, but there's no way the first preview will go ahead as scheduled.

Does anyone know if the cast is going to continue with tech tomorrow?

n2ninvisible78
#79Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/17/18 at 1:46pm

It appears that they are returning to technical rehearsals this week, but I agree that they need to address the elephant in the room - whether or not they will continue as scheduled.

At this point I would assume they are waiting to get the cast back into tech to see how prepared they are to raise to curtain on the 27th, but to announce a change to the box office without addressing ticket holders’ concerns only raises stress levels and questions.

My guess is that an official announcement comes before Wednesday next week, which will hopefully give folks traveling enough time in the event they need to change travel arrangements.

spikethebunny Profile Photo
spikethebunny
#80Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/17/18 at 4:18pm

I’m on pins and needles here as I am driving up from Toronto to see the 29th performance for my friends’ birthday weekend. One of our hotels is cancellable the other is not. We also have tickets to Jagged Little Pill, which don’t look like they are refundable. It says they can be exchanged but all remaining performances are sold out, so I guess we are out of luck there.
Obviously I want the performers to be safe, but this sucks so much. I am praying to the theatre gods for good news here.

Updated On: 6/17/18 at 04:18 PM

hollebolle
#81Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 2:21pm

FWIW, both shows on 7/7 are now sold out as well. I don't know if it means they are actually sold out or if they are also at risk for cancellation. 

ren598
#82Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 3:09pm

The first scheduled performance is 9 days away.  At this point, they will look like total asses if they were to cancel.  Totally unfair to those flying in for this show.   I will assume since we haven't heard anything yet, they will try to start on June 27 as scheduled.

sparepart973
#83Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 3:15pm

I would think so too. Forget just those flying in - it will be total chaos (for customers and for them) if they start canceling at this point. I can perhaps imagine them postponing the show on the 27th to the 28th as they didn't plan on having a performance that night for some reason. Managing that could be a bit easier and realistic. 

vampire musical
#84Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 3:16pm

ren598 said: "The first scheduled performance is 9 days away. At this point, they will look like total asses if they were to cancel. Totally unfair to those flying in for this show. I will assume since we haven't heard anything yet, they will try to start on June 27 as scheduled."

Why would they look like asses? They might not know when they can resume tech rehearsals yet let alone safely have actors and audiences members in the theater for previews. If I were them I'd rather err on the side of safety than being concerned about looking like an "ass". 

irishgator1
#85Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 3:19pm

They are postponing. My sister is on the phone at this very moment. They will be sending out an email with the new options today.

ren598
#86Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 3:26pm

vampire musical said: "ren598 said: "The first scheduled performance is 9 days away. At this point, they will look like total asses if they were to cancel. Totally unfair to those flying in for this show. I will assume since we haven't heard anything yet, they will try to start on June 27 as scheduled."

Why would they look like asses? They might not know when they can resume tech rehearsals yet let alone safely have actors and audiences members in the theater for previews. If I were them I'd rather err on the side of safetythan being concerned about looking like an "ass".

"

Not faulting them for wanting to err on the side of safety.  But if that's what they wanted to do, they should have announced the postponements last week.  It just very late in the game for people to start changing their plans.

hollebolle
#87Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 3:36pm

https://twitter.com/MoulinRougeBDWY/status/1008794507763122176

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, Moulin Rouge! the Musical has set new dates in Boston at @EmColonial."

First preview is now 7/10.

AllThatJazz2
#88Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 3:36pm

Looks like July 10th will now be the first performance. Info here: 

Moulin Rouge Update

hollebolle
#89Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 3:44pm

I'd be willing to bet they delayed the box office opening so they can use all of their manpower to handle calls to/from those affected. 

cjmclaughlin10
#90Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 3:59pm

Delayed

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/MOULIN-ROUGE-Delays-Boston-Premiere-to-July-10th-Full-New-Dates-20180618

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#91Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 4:23pm

Wow.  A 13 day delay and they are not extending a second time it seems.  It was already announced they would be performing until August 19th.  What a shame for those who booked hotels and plane tickets.  God, I wonder what exactly happened with the construction.  

Updated On: 6/18/18 at 04:23 PM

Play Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#92Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 4:27pm

EllieRose2 said: "Wow. A 13 day delay and they are not extending a second time it seems. It was already announced the would be performing until August 19th. What a shame for those who booked hotels and plane tickets. God, I wonder what exactly happened with the construction."

Exactly: with AMTRAK hotel and tickets for JLP (which I would have skipped without MR), I'm in nearly a grand in and likely all nonrefundable (though I may sell/donate JLP tickets if I can ditch the trip, I suppose). 

FURIOUS right now,  angry

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#93Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 4:30pm

F U * K !!!!  I am so sorry!  That is incredibly s h i  * t y!  What a horrible mess!  

Updated On: 6/18/18 at 04:30 PM

dramamama611
#94Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 4:33pm

I sympathize with those effected.   But why didn't they announce this last week?   They didn't know how long it would take to fix it.   And I'm sure they had to figure out WHY it happened.  How could they until they were in contact with contractors and manufacturers.  This kind of thing isn't solved overnight.  

I'm guessing the 4th of July holiday is also affecting it, as they weren't doing a lot of shows that week orginally.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

n2ninvisible78
#95Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 4:56pm

While I understand them pushing back the first preview, the cancelling of pre-scheduled shows later in July and August has now created a massive scramble for all ticket holders who booked their tickets in January. 

Hopefully I'll be able to get tickets in the same area as the ones I selected the day they went on sale 6 months ago. 

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#96Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 5:07pm

They handled this horribly. 

I want to now buy tickets for the 10th but there's no option for that date. Does that mean it's already sold out?

ren598
#97Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 5:08pm

I got front row center dress circle aisle seat for the first preview performance. I got the same seat for the new first preview performance on July 10. July 10 is not available online. They set that date aside so people who had tickets to the very first performance can exchange for. I do appreciate them doing that.

I would suggest calling early to exchange if your tickets are affected by the cancellation. Do not wait for them to call you which could be up to 72 hours. I called and asked for a call back so I didn’t lose my place in the phone queue. I think I got a call back within the hour.

ren598
#98Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 5:15pm

HenryTDobson said: "They handled this horribly.

I want to now buy tickets for the 10th but there's no option for that date. Does that mean it's already sold out?
"

No, they are holding those tickets so people who had tickets to the first preview performance on June 27 can get first dibs.  

dramamama611
#99Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
Posted: 6/18/18 at 5:20pm

Henty -- how else could they have handled it?   It only happened a week ago.

What performances in August were effected?  They just added two weeks.