Frozen Lottery

MoJoyInLights
#25Frozen Lottery
Posted: 5/2/18 at 9:26am

MoJoyInLights said: "I won yesterday for today’s 8PM show. There seemed to be a lot of seats available and rule of thumb is to purchase in the first 5 minutes of learning you have won for the best results. I did see better seat options flying by, as I was delayed a bit waiting on my wife’s reply if she could make it or not, but ended up purchasing ORCHR, Row E, Seats 18 & 20, which are slated as “partial view” seating. When I checked “A View From My Seat” ORCHL, same row, same seats seemed really decent, so I went for it!

I’ve gone to Kinky Boots twice now through lottery and chose BOX seats that were supposed to be “partial view seating” and they were PHENOMENAL seats, so i feel good about tonight!

I’ve also seen Mormon in ORCH, row D or something, toted as “partial view” and my view (though I gave my wife the better seat) was very minimally obstructed by the wall. Still great for the price and the opportunity!

Depends on the theater.
"

St. James theater is definitely partial view when they say partial view! 

Sadly, I was not impressed with any of the "theatrics," and that breaks my heart because I usually love ALL Broadway shows (not equally though).  It felt, for me, like a glorified, digital effects light projected musical act I could have seen for free with park entry to Disney World, Orlando (and that would probably be priced at the same rate and include rides). Sorry Frozen. Icy, but true. 

Olaf was a good element of the show and done very well, in addition to the 15 minutes given to Kevin Del Aguila as Oaken (the cabin show keeper) to wow us! One of the best numbers in my humble opinion was "Bit of a Fixer Upper" (if that's even the title). 

The partial view seating I felt may not have been sooooo bad if the blocking had been executed better and more thoroughly. There is absolutely NO REASON I, or anyone seated ORCH far left or far right or anywhere in the entire theater would have to miss any of the wow moments in Elsa's big number of "Let it Go" such as the cape flying or worse...the outfit switch! The worst part of it is that she only needed to be ONE FOOT further downstage for us all to have caught it. It's almost like it's intentional. Like Disney said "you chose these cheaper seats, well, this is what we're going to choose to show you," because it just seemed like it could have so easily been resolved. I was fine missing the part when Elsa strikes Anna as children, I was okay with only seeing half of her "ice castle," and it wasn't a deal breaker seeing half of the digitally projected "magic," but I was offended when i missed the big number and outfit change. You lost me there Disney folks. 

So, if it's partial view seating any seats next to ORCHR, ORCHL 16-20....don't. That's MHO. 

MoJoy

Updated On: 5/2/18 at 09:26 AM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#26Frozen Lottery
Posted: 5/3/18 at 3:42pm

Which is better extreme house right or extreme balcony right?

MoJoyInLights
#27Frozen Lottery
Posted: 5/3/18 at 4:02pm

I can’t speak for balcony, but extreme house right was the poorest seats I’ve ever won in a lottery (and I can only afford Broadway ORCH/MEZZ seats these days on a lottery budget so we’re talking about 10 shows) with extreme view restrictions and poor blocking to boot. I sat ORCHR, Row E, Seats 18-20. I was in seat 20 and I think it skewed my entire show experience.

Good luck choosing and do share your experience as I plan to revisit with my wife from a different seat view!
MoJoy.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#28Frozen Lottery
Posted: 5/3/18 at 4:21pm

I think I’ll attempt balcony as maybe that will provide a mess obstructed View

SchuylWERKsister Profile Photo
SchuylWERKsister
#29Frozen Lottery
Posted: 8/22/18 at 8:50am

Anyone won recently? Trying to assess the difficulty of this lottery.

BIG BALONEY Profile Photo
BIG BALONEY
#30Frozen Lottery
Posted: 8/22/18 at 10:21am

I won and boy those seats were truly terrible. Saw about 70% of what was on stage. Couple behind me left at intermission because they were so unhappy. A real let down.

Fanboy99
#31Frozen Lottery
Posted: 8/22/18 at 10:39am

SchuylWERKsister said: "Anyone won recently? Trying to assess the difficulty of this lottery."

Yeah ive heard nothing but bad things about those partial view lottery seats. I would recommend trying to find cheap day of tickets on stubhub. The prices really drop the hours leading up to showtime.

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#32Frozen Lottery
Posted: 8/22/18 at 10:56am

If the extreme obstruction is to be believed, it might explain why Frozen has been hovering at 98.9-99.9% capacity despite being consistently above 100% gross potential all summer. I've honestly wondered why its only hit 100 capacity during 3 of its 26 weeks so far. Yes I know reviews and word of mouth have been "meh" to luke warm at best, but I would think if that were the case it would prevent more then roughly 20 seats a night going unsold. If those seats happened to be heavily obstructed, which Disney has to be honest about during the sales process, that's a different story. 

Dkinny23
#33Frozen Lottery
Posted: 8/29/18 at 9:03pm

Hi I have two questions:

1) anyone have any insight on if row H of the balcony the two far right seats on the right are obstructed view? I read that all lotto tickets are partial view but my tickets didn’t say they were partial view and from my memory of st James theater, the balcony last row isn’t obstructed. Anyone insight would be lovely :)

2) does anyone know how strict they are about showing an ID and the credit card that was used to purchase the tickets?

Angpensa
#34Frozen Lottery
Posted: 12/1/18 at 2:44pm

I won the digital lottery, they have rows G & H extreme right and left orchestra.  Anyone have experience with these seats? Are these worth the $30, or really obstructed?  

nycW44
#35Frozen Lottery
Posted: 12/1/18 at 3:00pm

i sat in august row G extreme right side with the lottery. you will miss some extreme right set pieces & if anything happens really deep back in the stage. i remember i couldnt see all of Let it Go when she went deep back (i can't remember if i saw the costume change) but generally most action is center stage. i wasn't extremely into the show so i think worth it for $30. hope this helps!

jgrubz
#36Frozen Lottery
Posted: 12/2/18 at 6:06pm

I sat in row G or H in the last 2 seats on the outer aisle. These were the worst seats I have ever won through a lottery. I couldn't see half of the show and for the first minute and a half of "Let it Go" all I heard was her voice. I couldn't even see her. If you're willing to spend a little more money, I would forget the lottery altogether and just spring for cheap rear center mezzanine seats. 

Although in my honest opinion the show is skippable and unimpressive and I wouldn't bother wasting my money on it in the first place. You'd think with as big a budget as Disney has they could've spent a little money making the show more "magical". See 'The Lion King' or 'Aladdin' instead.

Claire8 Profile Photo
Claire8
#37Frozen Lottery
Posted: 12/2/18 at 8:19pm

Wow, these lottery seats sound terrible. Is this a particularly bad case of lottery seats or do most shows offer very partial view seats for lotteries?

DavidJPont
#38Frozen Lottery
Posted: 4/20/19 at 5:45pm

Claire8 said: "Wow, these lottery seats sound terrible. Is this a particularly bad case of lottery seats or do most shows offer very partial view seats for lotteries?"

I got row F all the way on the left and they were really bad seats, especially for let it go!!! My friend sat next to me and Missed the dress change!!! 

Symsyd
#39Frozen Lottery
Posted: 6/2/19 at 5:03pm

I won lottery seats to last nights show (6/1).  They were in row b of the balcony in the next to last seats far right.  The view was almost perfect. The only time I had a problem was when the actors were at the very front of the stage which was few and far between and even then I just couldn’t see them from the knee down. Other than that I could see the entire stage.  And I really enjoyed the show.   The actress who played young Anna was absolutely adorable.

BroadwayNoob
#40Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/29/20 at 12:33am

Bumping this - I won for tonight’s performance and I’m wondering if it’s the same deal with partial view. They are now assigned at the box office and are $40

Kea4
#41Frozen Lottery
Posted: 3/4/20 at 8:49pm

BroadwayNoob said: "Bumping this - I won for tonight’s performance and I’m wondering if it’s the same deal with partial view. They are now assigned at the box office and are $40
"

What seats did you end up getting?

RWPrincess
#42Frozen Lottery
Posted: 3/5/20 at 5:47pm

I won for tonight's show but didn't catch the email in time. I basically won as a standby meaning I received the initial rejection email and then after the purchase time expired, I received a 2nd email saying I had won. So in case you get a rejection, don't lose hope. This is the 3rd time this has happened to me with this show.

Kea4
#43Frozen Lottery
Posted: 3/6/20 at 9:58am

I won yesterday for last night's performance. They were unclaimed lottery tickets - I got the email around 11am and had until 12 to buy them. I was expecting partial view but we got great seats! Mezz row E, left side but only the 3/4 seats in. A lot of empty seats in the Mezz. Basically the entire row behind us was empty, so people who were sitting in PV moved there for act 2.