pixeltracker

Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post- Page 2

Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#25Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 2/28/18 at 1:53pm

Demitri2 said: "One's political affiliation is all I need to know about a person."

How tolerant and open-minded of you.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#26Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 2/28/18 at 2:03pm

haterobics said: "Lot666 said: "A gossip column seems a rather sad purpose to me. Pander to the lowest common denominator, eh?"

Isn't 60% of BWW gossip?!
"

Quite probably, why?

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#27Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 2/28/18 at 2:12pm

Demitri2 said: "One's political affiliation is all I need to know about a person. When there's a party that does not support the arts, is anti LGBT, against women's rights, pro guns, anti climate change and the list goes on.Theatre and politics have always merged in theatre history. Elfoolbuh, I suggest you research shows like THE CRADLE WILL ROCK and NO FOR AN ANSWER for starters. Then treat yourself to a ticket to ANGELS IN AMERICA."

You must be great at parties! 

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#29Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 2/28/18 at 2:15pm

^ Sure, but making the assumption that every single person who leans more towards rightwing ideas is a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot and therefore shouldn't be working in the theatre community is absurd. I know plenty of moderate Republicans who are none of those things. 

Updated On: 2/28/18 at 02:15 PM

Demitri2 Profile Photo
Demitri2
#30Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 2/28/18 at 2:29pm

All I simply asked initially was if anyone knew his political affiliation. PERIOD! I certainly didn't need you judging my question nor commenting on it. But if you needed an answer I thought the least I could do is answer it. Why you have such a problem with me asking the question about Riedel confuses me.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#31Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 2/28/18 at 2:39pm

Well, I certainly didn't resort to name-calling over the topic. But anyways, moving on. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#32Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 2/28/18 at 2:41pm

Lot666 said: "haterobics said: "Lot666 said: "A gossip column seems a rather sad purpose to me. Pander to the lowest common denominator, eh?"

"

Quite probably, why?
"

So, you're OK with frequenting a message board with a sad purpose than panders to the lowest common denominator, but if you type those same things up in a newspaper, then a line has been crossed?

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#33Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 2/28/18 at 2:45pm

I think there's a significant difference between gossiping for fun and doing it for a living.

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#34Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 2/28/18 at 3:02pm

Insult comic with a contempt for artists? Theater fan with a wicked sense of humor? Bully? Publicist?

I suppose it depends on who he's insulting and whether you see his attacks on artists as punching up or punching down. My views of his sort skew negative but I've found it interesting to read his defenders thoughts on twitter and here.

threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#35Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 2/28/18 at 3:18pm

newintown said: "I think there's a significant difference between gossiping for fun and doing it for a living."

Yeah, one is smart enough to get paid for it...

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#36Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 2/28/18 at 3:25pm

I question your use of the word "smart," but ok.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#37Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 2/28/18 at 3:59pm

Elfuhbuh said: "^ Sure, but making the assumption that every single person who leans more towards rightwing ideas is a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot and therefore shouldn't be working in the theatre community is absurd. I know plenty of moderate Republicans who are none of those things."

It is more complex these days - so called left-wing ‘progressives’ claim to hold progressive values but then go on to defend the most right-wing, sexist homophobic belief system on earth. It is indeed very hard these days to tell the values someone holds based on their political ideas when it’s full of inconsistency/contradiction.  

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#38Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 2/28/18 at 4:10pm

qolbinau said: "It is more complex these days - so called left-wing ‘progressives’ claim to hold progressive values but then go on to defend the most right-wing, sexist homophobic belief system on earth. It is indeed very hard these days to tell the values someone holds based on their political ideas when it’s full of inconsistency/contradiction."

Do you have some sort of Google alert that lets you know when a conversation gets on your topic?

Willy Loman2
#39Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 2/28/18 at 5:03pm

Thank you, Broadway Concierge. My thoughts exactly!

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#40Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 2/28/18 at 5:40pm

I can't help but think about Boy George's comments in that documentary chronicling the creation of Taboo; Wicked; Caroline, or Change; and Avenue Q and their road to Broadway where Boy George said he wanted to kick Riedel's ass for the hit job he did on Taboo throughout the entire period it was developing to its premier, but then when he met him all he saw was some scrawny little ****or something who wanted a fan photo of him. I might have embellished or misremembered a few things but that was the gist that I got.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#41Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 2/28/18 at 10:41pm

haterobics said: "qolbinau said: "It is more complex these days - so called left-wing ‘progressives’ claim to hold progressive values but then go on to defend the most right-wing, sexist homophobic belief system on earth. It is indeed very hard these days to tell the values someone holds based on their political ideas when it’s full of inconsistency/contradiction."

Do you have some sort of Google alert that lets you know when a conversation gets on your topic?
"

He doesn't need one because he inserts it into EVERY topic.

A Director
#42Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 3/1/18 at 2:54am

ErikJ972 said: "haterobics said: "qolbinau said: "It is more complex these days - so called left-wing ‘progressives’ claim to hold progressive values but then go on to defend the most right-wing, sexist homophobic belief system on earth. It is indeed very hard these days to tell the values someone holds based on their political ideas when it’s full of inconsistency/contradiction."

"

He doesn't need one because he inserts it into EVERY topic.
"

BINGO!

djoko84
#43Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 3/1/18 at 8:42am

Bye, Felicia! Miss you never.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#44Michael Riedel is Leaving the New York Post
Posted: 3/1/18 at 9:25am

haterobics said: "Lot666 said: "haterobics said: "Lot666 said: "A gossip column seems a rather sad purpose to me. Pander to the lowest common denominator, eh?"

"

Quite probably, why?
"

So, you're OK with frequenting a message board with a sad purpose than panders to the lowest common denominator, but if you type those same things up in a newspaper, then a line has been crossed?
"

You live for this ****, don't you? I really just can't with you anymore.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage