pixeltracker

Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)- Page 3

Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)

theaterwiz414
#50Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 9/28/18 at 8:25am

As I've previously said- 

Keep Lea Michele and Ariana Grande far away from this movie. It wouldn't be Wicked. It would be all about them. I'm pretty sure you could classify them both as divas and that's the last thing we need on this. CAST UNKOWNS PLEASE 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#51Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 9/28/18 at 9:00am

THIS! I will be okay with Lea, but anyone but Ariana. Please. She ruined Hairspray.

And no matter who are the leads, people will see the movie just because it’s Wicked! So, casting: Do the Broadway community and the world a favor. Just cast vets or newcomers for Elphie and Glinda.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#52Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 9/28/18 at 9:35am

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "THIS! I will be okay with Lea, but anyone but Ariana. Please. She ruined Hairspray.

And no matter who are the leads, people will see the movie just because it’s Wicked! So, casting: Do the Broadway community and the world a favor. Just cast vets or newcomers for Elphie and Glinda.
"

That's simply not true.  No studio (especially a large one like Universal) is going to back a film adaptation with Jessica Vosk and Amanda Jane Cooper in the leads, no matter how talented they may be.  It's just not going to happen. 

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#53Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 9/28/18 at 9:54am

It's a shame that the movie industry has no eye for creating stars anymore. Producers seem like very hype-sensitive, passive, followers. Not creators.

That happens when money is the main goal, and not quality.

theaterwiz414
#54Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 9/28/18 at 10:23am

adamgreer said: "disneybroadwayfan22 said: "THIS! I will be okay with Lea, but anyone but Ariana. Please. She ruined Hairspray.

"

That's simply not true. No studio (especially a large one like Universal) is going to back a film adaptation with Jessica Vosk and Amanda Jane Cooper in the leads, no matter how talented they may be. It's just not going to happen.
"

And no SMART studio would cast Lea Michele after the Glee drama. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#55Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 9/28/18 at 12:01pm

Right now, Lady Gaga is the only "big name" I can think of that I'd like to see as Elphaba. 

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#56Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 9/28/18 at 12:04pm

Theres a part of me, that feels like this is just a “marketing game” like the movies coming! But since it wont come for a long time why not go see wicked in the mean time. Like it sparks excitement, but I still dont think this is happening

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

TravisOKC
#57Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 9/29/18 at 2:00pm

I'm on a Tori Kelly kcik right now.  That girl can sing and would make a great Elphie! 

kelsey1389 Profile Photo
kelsey1389
#58Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 9/29/18 at 5:49pm

adamgreer said: "disneybroadwayfan22 said: "THIS! I will be okay with Lea, but anyone but Ariana. Please. She ruined Hairspray.

"

That's simply not true. No studio (especially a large one like Universal) is going to back a film adaptation with Jessica Vosk and Amanda Jane Cooper in the leads, no matter how talented they may be. It's just not going to happen.
"

Do you think there's potential for Broadway people/newcomers to be Elphaba and Glinda if other roles (Fiyerp, Morrible and the like) are played by more well-known celebrities? Like a Zac Efron type for Fiyero and someone like Meryl Streep for Morrible? I think that gives it more appeal to people outside the Broadway community while not miscasting the two leads? I know no one really knows the answer for this, but just wondering.

Loopin’theloop
#59Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 9/30/18 at 5:16am

Soaring29 said: "Is this like actually happening or not? What is the holdup here? Litigation with the Frank L. Baum estate or something? I'm getting kinda tired of all the speculation about it."

The original fourteen books are completely public domain, there is no need to have any interaction with Baum’s estate ps it’s L. F :)

The rights holders for the 1939 movie had a lot to say even the show was originally trying out in San Francisco but again that was ironed out

CedricOates
#60Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 9/30/18 at 8:41am

Alright everyone, time to come clean. I’ve actually been tapped to play Elphaba in the movie.

jae_lynn13 Profile Photo
jae_lynn13
#61Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 10/7/18 at 11:26am

Although I would love nothing more than to have a cast this spectacular in the movie, I know Hollywood is going to screw it up. They're going to cast big names who aren't as credible as they used to be just to drive up sales at the box office. That's just how Hollywood is. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#62Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 10/8/18 at 8:18pm

I just thought of this one today, but I would just love love love if Mandy Moore played Glinda. If This Is Us is any indicator she can play the age gap extremely well. Plus she was initially tapped to replace Kristin in the broadway production.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#63Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 10/8/18 at 11:29pm

But she doesn’t have the soprano range to do Glinda. That’s why she turned down the show.

theaterwiz414
#64Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 10/9/18 at 7:41am

CedricOates said: "Alright everyone, time to come clean. I’ve actually been tapped to play Elphaba in the movie."

I KNEW IT! 

BwayLB
#65Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 10/9/18 at 9:40am

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "But she doesn’t have the soprano range to do Glinda. That’s why she turned down the show."

Terrible but interesting at the same time

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#66Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 10/9/18 at 10:06am

My Smash cast in Wicked movie will remain a pipe dream, won't it? It's almost so perfect, why not just do it? Bolded the actual casting I care about.

Elphaba - McPhee
Galinda - Hilty
Fiyero - hopefully that hot Indian guy from season 1 but with Jordan's vocals
Nessarose - Mara Davi/Krysta Rodriguez
M Morrible - Angelica mf****n Houston
Dr Dillamond - Borle
Wizard - d'Arcy James
unhappy wife/Elphaba's Mother - Debra Messing
Governor / Idiot father who was a lousy lover - Jack Davenport
Boq - Mientus I guess?

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

maddiedanielle
#67Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 10/17/18 at 6:45pm

I really hope Lea Michele is Elphaba.

I think Anna Kendrick or Amanda Seyfried would be good as Glinda or Nessa.

I don't think Dove Cameron would be good for this movie though.

Kristen Chenoweth or Idina Menzel for Madame Morrible or the mom.

Ben Platt would be good for Fiyero or Boq.

I saw Kevin Chamberlin recently as the wizard and he was really good.

Lin Manuel Miranda as Doctor Dillomond.

maddiedanielle
#68Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 10/17/18 at 6:47pm

theaterwiz414 said: "As I've previously said-

Keep Lea Michele and Ariana Grande far away from this movie. It wouldn't be Wicked. It would be all about them. I'm pretty sure you could classify them both as divas and that's the last thing we need on this. CAST UNKOWNS PLEASE
"

I really don't think casting unknowns would be a good idea. They want people the audience will be familiar with, like Lea Michele. 

Fosse76
#69Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 10/17/18 at 9:20pm

Lea Michele, despite what she thinks, is not a household name and wouldn't sell any more tickets than Jane Doe from Parsippany.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#70Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 10/18/18 at 12:41am

They could definitely cast unknowns in the two leads and pick stars for most of the supporting cast. I don't see any reason to force a bad fit with Anna Kendrick or Ariana Grande.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Loopin’theloop
#71Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 10/18/18 at 3:31pm

maddiedanielle said: "theaterwiz414 said: "As I've previously said-

"

I really don't think casting unknowns would be a good idea. They want people the audience will be familiar with, like Lea Michele.
"

The movie will sell, regardless of name casting. Casting has more to do with raising money than the audience. You can have a mega star, who could sell anything on their own and a studio still insisting that a movie be filled with other names. With ‘Wicked’ already have been produced the stage musical, there might be a chance that this actually won’t go that way.

There are very few stage titles that have the built in audience, like this one. They will most likely want to include some names in the other roles to create interest for movie goers not familiar with the show and to get couch time on TV shows etc. 

Okanidug
#72Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 12/15/18 at 5:07pm

Am I the only one who wants Chris Colfer as Glinda?

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#73Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 12/15/18 at 5:46pm

Am I the only one who wants Chris Colfer as Glinda?

You couldn’t be more alone in that.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#74Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 12/15/18 at 6:58pm

Valentina3 said: "My Smash cast in Wicked movie will remain a pipe dream, won't it? It's almost so perfect, why not just do it? Bolded the actual casting I care about.

Elphaba - McPhee
Galinda - Hilty
Fiyero - hopefully that hot Indian guy from season 1 but with Jordan's vocals
Nessarose - Mara Davi/Krysta Rodriguez
M Morrible - Angelica mf****n Houston
Dr Dillamond - Borle
Wizard - d'Arcy James
unhappy wife/Elphaba's Mother - Debra Messing
Governor / Idiot father who was a lousy lover - Jack Davenport
Boq - Mientus I guess?
"

I’m in love with you.