pixeltracker

Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?- Page 2

Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#25Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/20/18 at 1:47pm

phan24 said: "It’s Nicolette Robinson, will be announced very soon :)"

Just like the Sunday film that was greenlit with Jake that we never heard anything about...

SomeOtherMe Profile Photo
SomeOtherMe
#26Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/20/18 at 2:23pm

Megan Hilty would be wonderful and as far as I know, she's available. Though her and McPhee are very close friends and so she may not want to, simply because of the SMASH irony and comparisons it would surely cause.

MannPhan24601
#27Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/20/18 at 2:45pm

Any word on Pottamer? Chris Mann wouldn't surprise me.. He said on his IG story when he was in NYC back in May that he had a meeting with Telsey and was in NYC  a few days ago  (Looked like it was for work reasons according to his stories) He also saw the show(He's close friends with Katie Lowes and Adam Shapiro though) . He was supposed to do The Voice Vegas but it's canceled for now...

Updated On: 7/20/18 at 02:45 PM

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#28Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/20/18 at 3:51pm

Jessetenny said: "phan24 said: "It’s Nicolette Robinson, will be announced very soon :)"

Just like the Sunday film that was greenlit with Jake that we never heard anything about...

"

Haha, the claws are out today! I only report what I hear, unfortunately sometimes projects get waitlisted.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#29Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/20/18 at 4:09pm

If it is Nicolette, that's great for her, she was wonderful in Invisible Thread- however, they're going to bill it as what, "see Tony Award Winning Star of Hamilton's wife as Jenna in Waitress" they need to get a name in there or the show is going to lose traction.

MannPhan24601
#30Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/20/18 at 4:12pm

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "If it is Nicolette, that's great for her, she was wonderful in Invisible Thread- however, they're going to bill it as what, "see Tony Award Winning Star of Hamilton's wife as Jenna in Waitress" they need to get a name in there or the show is going to lose traction."

Well she has some TV credits...

#31Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/20/18 at 5:02pm

A friend of mine who recently saw Jagged Little Pill in Boston said that when they talked to some cast members they mentioned a possibility of them taking the Brooks Atkinson Theatre this spring... I kind of doubt it will happen, but maybe Waitress won't be around for much longer? 

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#32Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/20/18 at 5:25pm

She's talented, but her name is not immediately recognizable, that was the point I was making- lots of actors on the boards have TV credits, they don't get billed for guest starring on SVU.

Updated On: 7/20/18 at 05:25 PM

Hairspray0901
#33Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/20/18 at 11:00pm

WldKingdomHM said: "I heard it’s a wife of a tony award winner actor but I could be wrong ...."

Michelle Federer? Married to Norbert Leo Butz, original Nessa in Wicked...hmm...

natashalost
#34Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/21/18 at 1:06am

Call_me_jorge said: "...Speaking of POC Jenna’s, would love to see Aisha Jackson return to Waitress as a Jenna cover or as Jenna herself."

My dream! I am so on board with this! 

I think Melissa Benoist would be great in this role but I doubt she would do it anytime soon.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#35Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/21/18 at 7:45am

With Nicolette, they’d probably focus on her being the first Black Jenna since her name isn’t very bankable.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#36Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/21/18 at 9:24am

And when they replace her with sara expect Cynthia Erivo and co to be tweeting in full force.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

greenifyme2
#37Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/21/18 at 11:36am

No chance Katharine will extend again? She’s magnificent.

crazy_for_broadway
#38Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/21/18 at 11:45am

greenifyme2 said: "No chance Katharine will extend again? She’s magnificent."

I’m going to go ahead and assume that she’s not gonna extend again and that once she’s done she’s gonna spend more time with her family because it takes a while to process a family loss. I could always be wrong though 

SomeOtherMe Profile Photo
SomeOtherMe
#39Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/21/18 at 1:00pm

It also depends on what Katharine wants the next phase in her career to be. “Scorpion” was cancelled so she doesn’t have a TV show she has to immediately go back to. With the great reception she’s received for “Waitress”, she may want to stick around a bit longer, get a few more theatre roles under her belt and make a name for herself in the community. But if she’s more interested in growing her mainstream profile, she probably wants to focus on trying to get more film & TV roles. Or she could just immediately start recording another album. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#40Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/21/18 at 2:25pm

Robinson has an amazing voice. Hopefully it happens.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#41Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/21/18 at 5:46pm

DramaTeach said: "With Nicolette, they’d probably focus on her being the first Black Jenna since her name isn’t very bankable."

What??? What do you want them to say “come see the black girl!”?? 

Come on. 

reginula Profile Photo
reginula
#42Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/22/18 at 1:50am

The truth is I didn't know much about Nicolette Robinson. I think she sounds great! I can imagine her "She Used To Be Mine".
(also, I've seen some tweets from before this thread began of people who hoped to see her as Jenna some day)

IslandBoy27
#43Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/22/18 at 4:10am

reginula said: "The truth is I didn't know much about Nicolette Robinson. I think she sounds great! I can imagine her "She Used To Be Mine".
(also, I've seen some tweets from before this thread began of people who hoped to see her as Jenna some day)

This clip is amazing. She’s such a great actress with a great voice that I dont actually care about the voice first. Personally, I could care less about a voice if they are a great actor. But she also happens to have an excellent voice. I hope this rumor is true. #blackgirljennamagic

"

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#44Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/22/18 at 7:10am

adamgreer said: "DramaTeach said: "With Nicolette, they’d probably focus on her being the first Black Jenna since her name isn’t very bankable."

What??? What do you want them to say “come see the black girl!”??

Come on.
"

I didn’t say it was right.  I just think that’s how they’ll “sell” it since her name doesn’t carry much recognition.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#45Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/24/18 at 10:25am

So I’m told it is going to be Nicolette, which means they’re going to have to do some crazy stunt casting with other roles if they want this show to see Christmas.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#46Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/24/18 at 10:28am

I'm with DramaTeach. Remember when Norm Lewis joined Phantom?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

natashalost
#47Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/24/18 at 10:40am

LizzieCurry said: "I'm with DramaTeach. Remember when Norm Lewis joined Phantom?"

I don't think these two moments are comparable... the Jenna in Waitress does not have the same amount of cultural significance and name recognition the Phantom of the Opera has...

They can try this strategy all they want but they're gonna need some other names to stunt cast if they want to keep the show running under Nicolette.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#48Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/24/18 at 11:05am

No, but I'm thinking there will be a PR push and we'll be seeing more short promo videos on all the Broadway "news" sites and maybe some morning show stuff. Then again, they could pair her with the next stunt-cast Dr Pomatter and do a twofer (whoever that is; I'm just spitballing).

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

GF21
#49Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/24/18 at 11:38am

Ingrid Michaelson, who had a brief run in "The Great Comet" and is a friend of Sara Bareilles, tweeted this on 7/21, along with a picture of the Playbills from Head Over Heels, The Boys In The Band, Beautiful, The Band's Visit, Angels in America, Skintight, and Mean Girls:

7 shows in 2 weeks. #research